August 23, 2011

August 22, 2011

THEY HAVE SCHOOL ALREADY???!!! 

Where has the time gone?? On the 2nd of September, I´ve been on my mission for 6 months... a quarter already gone... Holy cow, I need to work harder! Not enough time!!! 

This week was interesting. I failed to mention that last week when we went to the waterfalls, when we were done, we went back to the road to wait for the bus... Only to find out that it didn´t come for another 6 hours!!! So we HITCHHIKED back!! I have a picture of my with the Thumb, and it´s hilarious! It was a good Pday. I don´t have the pictures with me, because I forgot my camera!! Good job, E. Cuthbert! Anyways, thank you so much for the care pckg! When it gets here, it gets here... I´m a patient boy... Hahaha! 

Well, E. Rojas has a stress fracture, what did I tell you?? We went and got the xrays, and now he´s on medication, still working, though. With the medication, it doesn´t hurt him and he can walk. Thank you so much!!! I was dying, that day that we didn´t leave the apt... I was going to DIE of boredom. Not working... you just get this sick, guilty feeling that does not leave. I hate it, and so I work. Ha. Nicol, our newest convert, that little stud of a kid... On Wednesday, I gave him a haircut. Not a haircut with a buzzer... Ho ho, no!! I´m talkin´ full on scissor job!!! Thank you Dixie Peacock for your wonderful haircuts, and I´m so proud that I paid attention! Even Nicol was satisfied with the job, and so was his mom, Lidia! It was such a fun experience, cutting his hair. Every time I see him, I laugh at the thought that I cut that hair. I need to get a picture to you guys of the job I did. 

One of the members in our Branch had given me the reference of a lady named Greniel. He told me that she needed help, and gave me the direction to her house. I forgot about it for about a week, then we were visiting a less active family that E. Rojas and I didn´t know before, and the first thing that she said was... There´s a lady named Greniel that needs your help.......... TWO different people, telling me about the SAME person needing help  and asking the missionaries to do it. I took this to be a call from the Spirit, telling us to GO to this house and this lady. The next day, we went by that night, and after about a half hour of searching for the house, we finally found it! She was with her 12 yr. old daughter. The first thing she said was, are you guys Jehovah´s Witnesses? I held in a laugh, and said, No we´re from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We began talking, and had a very nice conversation. We set an appt. for tonight, actually. We found out later from Inés, our other convert who is just a ROCK in the church... YEAH.... That Greniel heavily drinks, and is having many financial problems. We are going to help this lady and her family out, as we had two different people reference her to us... I know this is something special. 

Lidia, gosh... Her family is so close to my heart. I´ve been with them for 3 months now... I care about all of them so much, and do not want to leave them, which will probably happen in two weeks. End of transfer 3 for E. Cuthbert is the 5 of September, and the chances of me leaving are almost 100%. But anyways, Lidia told us her life story basically, her baptism, how her father beat her as a child, her friend told her to get a bf so as to leave her father, her first bf beat her too, she found her husband that she married in the church, but then they separated themselves, then Patricio... A long conversation. We helped her out with how she can be the example in her family, and help Nicol who is just starting out in the Church, and Patricio gain a testimony so he can do the same.  

Patricio... We had a two hour lesson with him this week. It was exhaustingly incredible. The Spirit was very strong. I testified about a million times about the BoM and how I KNOW that book is true. The billionth time that I began to testify... He stopped me and said: I KNOW you know, I want to know now!!! And so we left him with 2 Nephi 29 through 33... The best chapters ever! Anyway, also in that lesson, he told us about how he thinks the Catholic church is the correct church because it´s been around the longest. E. Rojas is a stud with the Apostasy, so that wasn´t a problem. We came by the next day, and he had read!!! He said He liked it, but wanted to read more. Later, when we were alone with Lidia for a few minutes, she said that when he read it, he came over and she asked if he had liked it. He said yes. She then asked if he would like to be baptized in the future, and he said... YES!!! That fool is going to be baptized one day!!!!! I was so happy when I heard it, but we need to be careful... He wants to know everything!!! Haha. Anyway, I love that family. And want to help them in every way before I leave this wonderful area. 

Diego.... Oh Diego.... I honestly... don´t know what´s going to happen. Thank you so much for those who fasted on Sunday for him. We had a family home evening with him and his sister on Saturday night. He´s denying everything... Not very strongly, but he just doesn´t seem to think that he has a testimony, or that what we´re asking him to do is what he should do. I am at a loss with him... I´ve put 4 baptismal dates with the kid... All I´ve thought that I can really do, is testify as strongly as I can in what I know and what I know will come about for him if he does it, and see what he says. We might bave a baptism this Saturday, we might not... I need to have the faith that we will.. 

We found an inactive member yesterday. She´s been inactive with her 3 sons for 6 years. She didn´t even remember what the Book of Mormon was!! Holy cow!! We spoke with her, and she invited us to come back on Tuesday, tomorrow... Her 3 sons are studs, we need to reactivate them. We are probably going to the ski resort they have just outside Esquel on Saturday for our Pday... This is outside of the rules, but our District President called Pres. Peterson to ask special permission for us, and he said YES! I might be snowboarding on Saturday, we´ll see what happens... Hahaha! No one gets to do stuff like that! 

This morning, I studied about the importance the family has in the Gospel. When it was comp study, I asked E. Rojas to tell me why he thinks family is important. That unfolded a 45 min. confession from him about his life, before he was baptized, after, before his mission, and during his mission. His family really was... Destroyed. His mom got cancer when he had a year in the mish. He still doesn´t know what it´s like to even go to the movies with his family.... It was the only time I´ve ever seen E. Rojas cry...How important is your family to you? How much do you love your family? Do you cherish a family drive with them to your grandparents house, or a walk in the park, or a trip to the movie theaters? Or do you just take it as a whimsical... Nah, it´s not much. How many of you understand, and love your family more than any other thing? Who wants to spend time with their little brother?       I DO.  I love my family. I have come to realize of the importance of family, but more than that, the testimony that E. Rojas gave about the things that he never got to do, but I did never even thinking twice about them... We really are blessed. Jared, I love you, buddy. I love you, and want to hang out with you SO BADLY. Dad, you are everything to me. My support, my strength, my help. Mom, you´re my angel. Enough said. Melyn, you have always been such a good LIL´ sis... I love you and the support you and Jordan give for me. I love my family. When I get back, I will be in paradise, just to sit down be in the same room as my family. Look around, appreciate your family. Love them. The Gospel is nothing without the family. I know this church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. And because that book is true, everything else is true. I have a testimony of the healing power of the Atonement, and the wonder blessing we have to be members of the Church of God. Have a great week everybody, I love you all. 

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: