June 25, 2011

June 13, 2011





I completely forgot my agenda that I write all the things that happen during the week to tell you guys about.. So I´m going to do my best to remember them all... 
We´re thinking of dropping Manuel for good. We met him the other day and he was trying to avoid us. I saw a half hidden bag that had a 2 L bottle of beer in it. He´s so old, and I don´t think he´s all there in the head, either. Oh well... We´ll try one more time. It´s been raining non stop for the last 4 days. The first day we weren´t prepared for it. We were in the coats that we got from Mr. Mac and the Missionary Mall. We were soaked that night. We were freezing, from head to toe. But we continued working. It was non stop rain and non stop trying to find people from about 3pm to 9pm. That night the rain was so bad that most of the roads were flooded. Don´t have a picture, but believe me... It was incredibly difficult. But at the same time, you grow more as a person during the difficult times. E. Slaugh and I grew closer as brothers that night, working hard, dripping from head to toe, hair drenched, a line of water flowing down our back. HOPEFULLY, Those Eccos you bought me, mom.... They´re incredible. The most waterproof shoes I´ve ever worn in the entire world. The only thing that made it back to the pension dry was my feet. :) Thank you SO much for those incredible shoes. 

Fma. Vilte... I love that family. We have talked an extremely lot about the importance of the BoM and receiving an answer to see if it´s true. Miguel, the dad, he accepted a baptismal fecha for the 2nd of July. Helga, the wife is a little bit more cautious. But we will work with them, and once they read and pray with real intent, that answer will come, and they will get baptized. :) 

Tulio and family. The situation isn´t getting better, but not getting worse. The prayers are helping Denis, the 13yr old son to come to church and the activities. They had a movie night at the chapel, and he went to it. They watched Harry Potter 7... JEALOUS. They will be baptized. It´s hard because Tulio works for the police, and so having time to come to church is difficult. 

My sleeping bag is like heaven. That is all I have to say about it being warm enough. ;) I can´t believe Maggie has a kidney stone!!! My pup! She´d better be flippin´ alive when I get home! Ha. That´s so cool that Dad got to see Dr. Pendanski! Hahaha!! Incredible! Haven´t met any famous people down here... Met a few people from Europe and the States. The ash hasn´t hit us. Ash from the volcano is toxic. If you breathe that stuff in it´s bad news, and so we´re very thankful that it hasn´t hit. But a little disappointed because it would have been cool to see ash... The ash has hit basically every other place East and North of Esquel because of the wind. 

On Friday we went to Villa Ayelen. It´s a little town about 2km outside of Esquel that´s in our area. It´s GORGEOUS there. Start preparing and saving for a vacation to Argentina in March of 2013!! Seriously, Villa Ayelen has cabins you can rent out, and the place is absolutely incredible. I would love to show all my investigators and members my family. I really hope you guys are planning on coming and picking me up... It would be an incredible experience. The members here are... They´re special. 

Now for the bad news... I just finished my first transfer... And E. Slaugh is being transfered to Neuquen. :/ I can´t believe it. That kid has been my brother out here. He´s taught me how to be a missionary, and now, after just 6 short weeks, he´s leaving. He won´t get to see any of the hard work we did turn into baptisms. I love that kid more than anything. My new companion is coming to Esquel tomorrow. Name? Elder Rojas. A latino. Oh baby... Language test of my life! From what I´ve heard, he´s only been out for about 4 to 5 months. This is going to be the biggest challenge yet. I cannot fail in this. Two newer missionaries can either destroy an area, or do incredible miracles. I have prayed intensley to have the strength to have it be the latter. I´m going to be having to put all my faith in the Lord more than ever. But I know I can do it. It is still extremely difficult to see E. Slaugh leave. He leaves at 4pm today...

I love you all. The weeks are starting to fly by. I had my first Asado on Saturday. It was heavenly. :) I have pictures of it. I have to go though, we´ve got a lot of things to do before E. Slaugh has to leave. I love missionary work. 

Jared, still missin´ a letter. All of you can write me at DearElder, please, I love hearing from you!!! Love you Dad, Melyn, Mom, Jared, Family, Friends!

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: