July 20, 2011

July 18, 2011

Get your hankie ready, this is a good one! :)
Well.. I can´t type. My hands are frozen solid.....


Haha! Winter finally arrived in Esquel. Snowed a lot on Saturday night, E. Rojas has been freaking out because he´s never seen snow in his life. He also has no idea how to walk on ice, and it shows... He´s fallen 5 times. ;) Hahaha! 
In answer to your questions... WELLL... With German and his gfriend... I have my first convert. :) :) :) HAHA!! It´s a miracle story, really. What happened was this. After Sunday and our little testimony meeting with the BoM, she said she would read. Last Monday was the FHE, but she decided not to join us, she was mad at German for some reason, Haha. But the next day, German had a conversation with her, saying that he was willing to move out of his own house and move in with a members family until she was baptized and they got married. She didn´t want to live alone, so she decided to go back to Misiones, Argentina (WAY up North) to think everything over and decide what she wanted to do. She left the next morning and began reading the BoM. When she reached Misiones the next day, she was finished. ....... YES!!!!!!!! She read the BoM in a day and a half, told German that she lOVED it, but didn´t understand everything, so she´s reading it AGAIN!!! After she asked what she would have to do to be baptized, and German told her to go to a church and ask for the missionaries to teach her the lessons and then she could be baptized! She said, I will do it. I HAVE MY FIRST CONVERT! It does not matter that I´m not baptizing her, We´re all on the Lord´s team, right? :) :) :) And German will be ¨eternally¨ grateful for me. ;) HAHA! Such a good first conversion story, I think. Wow... I love this church. I LOVE the BoM. )Just so you know, German wasn´t doing anything bad, he is the b iggest stud of the earth. I have learned so much from him, and I love him so much. Such a helper.) I hope he moves to Utah... Haha! 

Last PDay was pretty bad with E. Rojas. We got into a HUGE fight over the contact that happened on ´Sunday with him waiting forever away, things like that. We were almost at blows. i would feel VERY bad if he had tried to fight with me. He´s a very small boy. Haha, BUT. What happened was we did Divisions on Tuesday and Wednesday to let us cool off. I went to Trevelin with E. Barton, who has quickly become my favorite person in the entire world. Haha, remember when I was saying he was so annoying and I didn´t like him? He´s like a heavenly angel, sent to relieve me from my companion... Hahaha! Anyway, we had a really good, fun time together, E. Barton and I in Trevelin. We worked very hard and well together. We got back on Thursday morning and found E. Rojas... in bed, like always. He never gets up at 6:30 like he´s supposed to. He sleeps in EVERY morning, with excuses that he´s sick. What was hilarious, is that when e. Barton and Gutierrez left for trevelin and left E. Rojas and me alone, The President of the Mission called!!! HAHAHAHAH!!! I had sent him an email the week before, telling him all the things that E. Rojas had been doing that was stopping us from being the most effective missionaries possible. Things i had brought up with E.R. but he had refused to change. Pres. Peterson called and asked to speak with E.Rojas who was... in bed. When he wasn´t supposed to be. First whippin´was about that. Then he started talking about the lap top and what his plans were to better the companionship. It was a long talk on the phone. After they ended their little chat, E.Rojas got SO mad at me. He couldn´t believe that I had told the person who was responsible for the mission the things that were going on. After that, he went to the missionary rules book to find SOMETHING that I was breaking. 15 minutes later, he asks me to read the ¨Jewelery¨ section. I did. It says you´re not allowed to wear nose rings or toe rings or bracelets or necklaces. I asked him... So..... What´s the deal? He pointed to my CTR ring. My CTR RING??!! He kept saying that that was a break in the rules. I was laughing for a good 10 min. Needless to say, that day didn´t go to well. 

Friday I decided to do a study for myself. What I found was very interesting. I had a very spiritual experience that morning, in the fact that I realized just how important my calling is, my responsibilities, and my responsibility to love my companion. I realized the importance of working hard, smart, and with love. I decided to apologize to E. Rojas for everything that I did, and commited that I would try harder. it was the beginning of a change for me. The beginning of my ¨new¨ mission. I found out so much about myself that morning, I actually cried for a good 20 minutes, unable to comprehend or express to my Heavenly Father how grateful I was and how humble I was and how NEEDY i am for his help. I know Heavenly Father answers prayers, and that he loves us. I know that He wants more than anything for us to come back to Him. I know He knows me, and is watching out for me. The problem is that I can´t fully explain my feelings for what happened that morning to you guys right now. Maybe someday if you ask me, i´ll be able to describe it a little better to you someday. This mission has literally CHANGED me. i can´t tell you how grateful I am for the things I´ve learned about myself, and the help I provide in the lives of others. I am SO grateful for this calling as a missionary. 

We were walking around on Friday, and i looked up at a powerline, and saw something amazing... 20 brilliantly green and red and yellow PARROTS!!! There´s PARROTS in the Patagonia!! I have wild PARROTS in my area!!! How COOOOOOL is that????? Hahaha, I was so ticked I didn´t have my camera...

Thank you all for all you do. I am trying my hardest to be friends with E. rojas, changing more myself than asking him to change. I have learned so much on this mission. Grandma, Thank you SO much for your continuous letters!!! I love you and Grandpa so much, and am writing to you soon. I love all who continue to pray and give their support to me. Thank you so much. Every week, I am reminded with the love that I have for all of you. Mom, I love you. Never forget that. Melyn, I love you so much! Jared, you lil´ stud. Keep makin´ dem Sandwiches!!! I miss Subway with all my heart... Haha! Dad... I love you so much. Thank you for the continued support. I can´t put in words my appreciation for you. 

I love you all, write me, please? Hahaha, the subtle plea of a missionary.... ;) 

Have a great week, Nos vemos!!

Elder Cuthbert 

No comments: