December 16, 2011

November 14, 2011

I had to include these couple pics, he looks truly happy!  His companion is the guy sitting next to him on his right in the pic taken on the boat.  



The weather is HOT. Not even as hot as it´s going to be getting... It´s like 70- 80 here right now, and going to get hotter. It´s very fun in slacks and a shirt and tie! Heh, but it´s fine, I´m fine! I am very happy right now. I love the mission. Yesterday, I finally realized that I´ve adapted completely into the mission, that now, I like doing whatever it is we´re doing. I´m a missionary. :)
 
E. Calvache is a great Elder, and we get along great. He is great with the scriptures, and although is very old, is very easy to work with. He´s got a gfriend at home, and not afraid to say it. He never knew his father, His family is all converts, with his younger brother being baptized just a month ago! It´s a good companionship. 
Here are some pictures of the baptism from last week and this week! I´ll tell you what happened with this miracle story... I have seen so many miracles...
 
Ruth Vivanco is the wife of Manuel Henriquez, a recent convert for a month and completely blind. He was baptized the week before I got to San Martín. His wife never took the step to be baptized, because she has had a very difficult past, and to forgive the people who hurt her as a child was "Impossible", how she put it. We´ve been fighting and fighting to help her understand the importance of baptism, and how it will HELP her to forgive and repent, but she never seemed to understand. So things were at a stand still with her. She knows everything, just won´t get baptized. Until last Monday. Last Monday night after I emailed you guys and went about doing my Pday stuff, we got dressed and got on the bus to visit families in a different part of the city. But halfway there, I said to E. Calvache, We need to go to Miguel and Ruth. He said, I was thinking the same thing. We headed over to their house and found Miguel all calm, ready to talk. Ruth on the other hand was very busy with their 4 yr. old child Sol, getting her bathed, and then she took a shower. But neither E. Calvache or me moved. We were staying there until she came and spoke to us. at 8:45 she came in, FINALLY ready to talk. We spoke about the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the miracle of forgiveness, and the help the Holy Ghost gives to those who receive him into their lives to forgive and forget. After only 10 minutes of sharing, we threw the question... "Ruth, when would you like this help?" "As soon as possible," she said. "Will you be baptized this Saturday?" "Yes!" WITH A SMILE!!! In 15 minutes, we helped a daughter of God, realize her worth, and realize that she needed the help of her big brother, Jesus Christ. She was baptized on Saturday!!
 
One more story I want to tell, just because it´s funny... Last night we were knocking doors and found this adult couple. The husband was blabbering all night about how he only believes in God and scriptures, churches and prophets don´t mean a thing. The wife snapped at him and told him to shut up! Then she said, I want to hear this... We testified about Jesus Christ, our faith and testimony in the love He has for us, and how through Him we can live with our families forever. She cut us off... "You two really FEEL what you´re saying... Don´t you?" We said: YES. She asked how old I was, I said 19. She then started flipping out how I´m so young and yet so far away doing something so big and scary as she put it. She said, You´re like my son!!! Hahahaha, it was a very interesting experience, but hey... I guess there´s nothin´ I can do about bein´ such a Cutie!!! ;) JUST KIDDING!!! HAHAHA that was my joke for the week. I love you all, I have to go, But I want you to know that I´m happy, doing well... We´re going on a hike right after this. Thank you for all the support!
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: