April 18, 2011

MAY SECOND. MOM, I leave on May SECOND!

Hello everyone!



Wow, what a week. Every week is great, and I never cease to be amazed at the many things I learn here. We were actually thinking about it yesterday... We've been here for 7 and a half weeks doing the same thing every single day, and it feels like... maybe a week at the most. Problem is I can slowly feel myself losing sleep, due to our new roommate which I'll get into later. How's everyone doing? I've got some cool news! I've been called to be the new Zone Leader for our zone. It's the biggest calling you can get here at the MTC, but at the same time, the most time consuming and the responsibility is huge. Elder W. will be the other zone leader, which I'm a little worried about. Not much, but he has been being a butt lately, haha. The zone leaders are pretty much the go to people for anything in the zone. They have all the responsibility for what happens in the zone, conduct weekly interviews with all the D.L.'s, etc. That position begins on Sunday for the remainder of my time here, which ends on MAY SECOND. MOM, I leave on May SECOND, not May third... Ha, looks like I won't be able to give you guys a call at the airport... :( Dang it.

Quick thank you to Aubs for all of the food. Your rolls you send me have made me famous... Along with the homemade kettle corn, the choc/bberry bread, and all the other deliciousness... But honestly, those rolls are to die for. I would take those bad boys over almost anything! Thank you so much, I love you and your family so much! I'm writing you today, so look for a letter tomorrow...

So before I forget, something I forgot to mention in my last email is that last week... I gave my Zone Leader a haircut!!! Wait, that's not even the best part! I did it with sewing scissors!!! Hahaha! It took FOREVER just to get his bangs done, but I did it, and dang... He looks good! Ha! ALSO. Mom, since you guys are leaving on your cruise, I need my stuff pronto, unless you want to spend $70+ on shipping to Argentina! I need my other pair of jeans (Abercrombies), A watch, some SD card covers, did you get my letters about the backpacks? There's this one called the "Heckler" (I think, this could be the name of the Elder...) It's a The North Face backpack. All black, looks comfortable, and looks extremely useful. Anyways, send me some DearE w/ what you find, PUHLEASE. Ha, you can send DearE's, it's ok.

So we got a new roommate... Elder C. He's been here for 12 weeks. He was supposed to leave 3 weeks ago to Mexico, but he found out he has this thing called Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is pretty much the most terrible thing ever, because he... excuse me... farts about ever ten seconds. It's terrible. It's terrible. I hate it. It's terrible. Wow, I think I might be venting right now? Yeah, I am. He farts constantly, he has no sense of privacy, he's very... loud. Also he doesn't flippin' go to sleep at 10:30! He stays up and reads his letters from his gfriend until like 11:30! If that's not the case, then he's happy to talk about her to me, and tell me their whole life story on how they got together, stuff like that. I don't mind listening, I'm a great listener, but I want to go to bed! Anyways, they ended up reassigning his mission to New Hampshire which is... oh shoot... the home town of his girlfriend. You want to know what else? Mission rules state you can't write, email, or contact anyone of the opposite sex inside your mission boundaries, which means he's pretty much done for. I feel terrible for him, but at the same time, happy that he's finally out of here on Monday. He's been w/ us for 2 weeks now? Somethin' like that. I'm glad he'll be leaving, he's been cooped up in here for too long, and it's starting to show. I can only imagine. I'm starting to beg to be out of here, and today was the first step into walking out of here. We got to visit with the Argentina Visa people, do our fingerprints, and on Tuesday we're doing the final step to receive our Visas which is signing the application in front of the Argentina Consul. It should be pretty cool. I'm so excited to get to Argentina. I know enough Espanol that I could get by, in no way am I fluent. On a 1 to 10 scale I'm probably a 5... Good enough to survive, but I'm continually working to improve.

I was a host missionary on Wednesday who helps the newbies in with their luggage and shows them around campus on Wednesday. Just my luck to get a native from Tahiti who doesn't speak a lick of English. Me. "Ok, you need your Book of Mormon for class, so why don't you get that out."

Him.'Oh, ok."...... He's just standing there. Didn't understand a word I just said.

Me."Your scriptures, you need them."

Him."Ok."..... Still...

Me."Book. Of. Mormon. Script. Ures. Mor. O. Ni."

5 minutes later...

Him"Oh! Preach My Gospel?"

Ha, it was frustrating, but we finally did it and I got him to his class in one piece. That's exactly how it's going to be for me when I get to Argentina. I won't understand a word! It's going to be the craziest, most exciting experience of my life.

We have our first 'baptismal date' at the MTC. It was such a cool experience to ask: serĂ¡ bautizado? And she said, yes! Awesome stuff. Everything is in Spanish now. No English, ever.

The Hermanas in our District are probably the most sensitive girls I've ever seen in my life. I don't think they're 21... Ha, one of them has at least 3 crying sessions a day. My teacher H. Maxwell brought it up that he can tell that I'm frustrated by the softiness of their personalities, and told me I need to humble myself and begin to love more.. It's hard, because I'm not here to make best friends. W/ the Elders in my District, yes, but that's just because we're Elders, and understand each other. The Hermanas are always on roller coaster of troubles. But my teacher is right, I do need to be more humble, patient and loving. I've been doing a lot of scripture study this past week. I'm trying to read the BOM front to back before I leave. Halfway through Alma right now.

Everything else is good, I'm a steady 193lbs... I can't help but think I was always supposed to weigh this much, hahaha.

Love you all. Please send your letters. You don't understand how happy it makes us to receive letters.

Amor



Elder Cuthbert

No comments: