April 1, 2011

April 1, 2011

I'm ready to leave!!! Ha!

Today marks the halfway point in my time here at the MTC. It's gone by so fast, but at the same time, I am SO ready to be out of here and into Argentina. This week has been so busy, Santa Vaca! (Holy cow!) I guess I'll begine w/ Saturday I think it was? No se...

Anyways, we were eating breakfast that morning when H. Thompson, one of the Hermanas in our District asked me for a blessing. I asked what was wrong and what I could do to prepare myself as best I could. She's been having some health issues, and the doctors have absolutely no idea what's wrong w/ her... She asked for a blessing of comfort. So for the next hour and a half, I buried my nose in the scriptures.. Looking up any and every example of how to receive the Holy Ghost in fulness to give someone a true blessing. I was worried, because I usually think too much about what I'm going to say, and the words never flow. So for the next hour and a half, I studied how we receive the Holy Ghost, through prayer, meditating, asking, things like that. It was such a good study time. When the time came to give her the blessing... It came. :) During the blessing, I was saying to myself: "What the heck?? What's going on? How did I know to say that?" I can testify that I know that through the scriptures, we can receive any answer we have. That's something I've learned here. I never liked reading the scriptures at home... Don't know why, just didn't. But here... I've learned to love them, because they truly are the fulness of the Doctrine of Christ. They contain the things we need to do to be happy. If we have questions, go to the scriptures, it will be there. It was an incredible blessing.. I was so thankful for the opportunity to give that to her. Also, that same day was the first day where Elder W. and I focused COMPLETELY on studying, and learning, and being completely productive. We didn't have a minute to spare that day! It went by so quickly.. I know that when our days are busy, and we plan effectively for every minute of the day, we become more productive, and are blessed more because of it. I learned and grew so much that day.

That night, Elder C. - our Zone Leader - asked me if my faith has ever been shaken... I told him of course, but why does he ask? He went on to say how he loves being here, how he loves to teach and learn about the gospel, but knowing 100% that everything is true is difficult. He said he's probably 99% sure of everything, but that 1% has been bugging him. We spoke in the hallway of our dorms for about 33 minutes. It was a deep conversation. I told him that if he feels good about being here, then he has nothing to worry about. Those who aren't worthy, or don't have a true intent to be a missionary, won't be as happy as he is. The Lord loves each and every one of us, and I know that to be true. He also was worried about not being forgiven about all of his sins. This is when I looked him in the eye and said: "The Lord wouldn't let you, in good conscionce (?) be here if you weren't worthy. The Holy Ghost would not be in your life, and in a place like the MTC where the Holy Ghost and Spirit of God is everywhere... You would feel like crap." I won't go into to much detail of the things we talked about, but it sufficeth to say that I began to have many questions as well about my faith, and if I truly am dedicated to this Gospel. That started a long scripture chase, one that is still going on today. But everything I'm doing here is good, and that's all that matters. I'm happy, and that's all that matters. How could it not be true? The BoM is way too complex to have been designed and written by one man. It would be impossible for him to do anything in that level of detail.

Sunday was good. Fast Sundays are always hard here, because it's a lot of study time, and no eating time! For me, that's definitely been a struggle. I love Sundays here, the Spirit is always so strong. Does it sound strange that I talk in this way now? It's amazing at how just one month in the MTC can change so many things... I'm surrounded by the Gospel, 24/7. The only conversations I have is on Gospel topics, or things that in some way, relate to us as missionaries. It's incredible... Weird to think about, but incredible.

Kass is home now, isn't he? How's he doing? Is he adjusting to life alright? I bet he is... Ha.

The Hermanas in our district started to snap at us a couple of days ago. It was hilarious because all the things were so trivial and insignificant. Women and their sensitive feelings... ;) Hahaha, just kidding. No but seriously, it was very strange at all the things they were complaining about. Very frustrating as a D.L. to handle that kind of thing, because I have no direct authority over the Hermanas in the District. Anyways...

I'm a steady 190 lbs. right now. crazy, huh? Don't know if I'm growing, gaining muscle or what, because I can't see where it's goin'! Whateva!

Tuesday was my first hard day.. It was just... difficult. I don't know what happened, but I snapped at everyone, my pride was out the roof, and my attitude was terrible. I spoke with one of the Elders who has been DL before, and he told me a lot of good things. I decided I need to become better at serving people. And my attitude needed to change. Everything here depends on your attitude. What is it Pres. Hinckley said?... "Happiness and Misery. It all depends on your disposition in all circumstances.. somethin' like that." Ha. Anyways, I know that's true... And BP! Christian A. Springer. When you get here into the MTC, have a good attitude EVERY DAY. No matter what the circumstances, be HAPPY. It will go such a long way.

I was released as DL last night... It was sad, because I care deeply for this District. But Elder G. is going to make a great DL. The food at the temple was amazing, as always. :) Those waffles... Ah.

How is everything at home? Haven't received any letters from anyone lately, except for wonderful Aub & Fam! Love you guys! I love everyone else too, of course, never forget that! Ha, I don't care if you don't have much to say to me... Send me something. I want to talk to everyone, it's such a happy moment to open that mailbox and get some mail. Well, time's almost up. Oh! I have been forbidden to speak en Ingles from now on at the MTC. We'll see how it goes. It's incrediblly difficult, because it takes SO much energy to just THINK OF THE FLIPPIN' VERB AND CONJUGATIONS!!! Ha, anyway, I don't speak English anymore. English? What's English? Ha, anyways... I love you all. Never forget that. You all mean a lot to me, I pray for you all every day. I have so much fun here, you have no idea. BUT I AM READY TO LEAVE THE MTC!!! i'm using this time wisely to study and prepare though... Ok time's up.

LOVE,

E. Cuthbert

No comments: