May 21, 2011

May 17, 2011

Well hello, my wonderful family! :) I don´t have much time, so I´m going to have to cut this short... I´m so sorry.. But there´s just so many things to do. 

I love missionary work. I love it. There´s nothing more satisfying than going to bed feeling about ready to die, knowing you did all you could that day. I have blisters on my feet. We practically run to every appointment, every door, and every person. My legs are de diez! That mean´s awesome. Haha. I am so exhausted every day, and it´s not because of the time change, that´s long gone, but because we spend every waking moment working. That´s the key word. Work. There´s nothing quite like it. I´ve gained a testimony of work, and how it changes you. I have such strong desires to work now. If I don´t feel about ready to collapse after a day, it means I didn´t work hard enough, and that makes me mad. I think we don´t understand the magnitude of what we´re doing here in this life. Especially missionaries. We have the solemn duty and charge to share the most important message with the world. We should be talking to every person, knocking every door, and running to every lesson. E. Slaugh and I have firm desires to do this. It is so important to have a companion who has those same desires. It´s so much easier to do what we do when we both want to do it! Ha. 
I haven´t had an asado yet. I´m waiting... impatiently. Haha! I´ve had pollo del disco, this giant iron bowl full of nothing but chicken and vegetables over a fire. delicious. Lots of bread, dulce de leche, and crappy stuff for your body. lame. We´ve seen miracles here. One of them was we had a goal this week to find 15 new investigators. On Sunday morning we had 14. We had an hour left before we had to report our numbers for the week. We prayed to find one more investigator. After lunch with a member, we decided to go knocking. We both knew the apartment complex we wanted to knock on. The first door- nothing. second .- nothing. Third door... success. A 23 yr old named Fernando opened up and let us in. We taught him a lesson and he invited us back for Wednesday. That´s not the miracle. The miracle is that E. Slaugh, a few weeks before had knocked that same door, answered by that same man, and was completely refused. He had said he didn´t want anything to do with our church, and slammed the door in his face. We asked for a miracle in finding 15 investigators, and we got it. That day, in door contacts, we got 100% success. That´s a record. Haha. Faith is so important, but more than that - desire. If you don´t have the desire to do what we´re doing, there´s no point in doing any of it. So many missionaries fall. That´s because the mission either makes, or breaks you. I testify and know that this work is true. That my needs don´t matter any more. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. I love this work. We are going to change Esquel. I am so excited for the things that will be happening soon. We have a goal to baptize every week. It´s going to happen. The key word is Work. Today is Pday and we have to do a few things, buy food, clean apt. stuff like that, but right when it turns to 6pm, we´re out the door, talking to everyone. Sunday´s are always fun. The funnest part is getting to play the hymns every single Sunday. Especially when I´ve never played it before, and it has four flats.... Ouch... 
Anyway.. I have to go. I´m sorry this is so short. Know that I´m seeing miracles, and that this work is true. Know that I´m spending every waking moment focused on the Savior, and working to help others. I pray for you all, Hope you all are doing well. I´ll write more next week. 

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: