March 20, 2011

March 18, 2011

Hello Everyone!!

Como le va? Estoy MUY agredecido por la oportunidad escribir para ustedes hoy! Ha, I've had such a great week! I completely forgot my journal, so I'm going to try and remember to write everything I need to from memory,... Please forgive me if it's not as long as usual! :/

Spanish is coming along well. Yesterday we had to teach an "Investigator" named Tomas. We were pushed in w/ a class that has been here for 8 weeks! So needless to say, we were all feeling like fish out of water compared w/ their Spanish. But as the lesson progressed, Tomas looked at me, which means he wants me to say something. And something strange happened. Every word I needed to say in Espanol, came to me! It was crazy! I bore my testimony completely in Espanol, testifying of the Spirit World, the Word of Wisdom, and how obeying the commandments will make his life happier than it is now. It was insane. Afterwards, all the Elders and Hermanas from the older class came and congratuated me on my testimony, saying it was: "Muy fuerte, y yo sentio el Espiritu Santo mucho!" It was kind of cool. It meant so much to me, because earlier that day, I was having a hard time. Elder W. and I were teaching the first lesson in as much simplicity as we could muster. When he mentioned something completely off topic, and the people we were teaching asked what it was, he could explain it. I obviously couldn't leave it hanging there, so I went in to the conversation to save the lesson, and afterwards, my teacher, H. Maxwell told me: You shouldn't have mentioned Christ being the keystone of the religion. It takes too long to explain. I couldn't explain to him that Elder W. had mentioned it, but couldn't explain it, but it didn't matter... It was very frustrating.

We went to the temple last week, and this week... I won't tell you which day we have our temple walks and which days we go do sessions, because as much as I would like to see everyone, I think it would be tough not to give everyone hugs and stuff... Anyways, we went to the temple as a Zone, and it was one of the best experiences, thus far, on my mission. We had so much fun taking pictures, talking, and just being fun, happy missionaries. I got plenty of pictures, there's a computer thing here at the bookstore that can convert all your pictures to a cd, so I'll put them all on there and send that to you guys. Needless to say, everyone loves everyone. I have so many friends in the Zone. We are all really close. Many of them set such a good example for and my District.

It's amazing at how fast this week has gone. It seems like yesterday I was getting out of the car and giving everyone my last goodbyes... Time flies here at the MTC. Never is there a minute to yourself. We plan our days out to the second. I love it that way. It makes the days go quickly and the weeks go by even faster. 2 1/2 weeks down, 6 1/2 more to go!! Ha. OH AND PS... I'M NOT GETTING ANY LETTERS... Come on guys! I'm District Leader! I'm the one who gets to open the mailbox every day! And never is there anything for me... Hahaha! It's all good, I would just encourage you all to write... You don't know how nice it is to see something w/ your name on it at the MTC. Little bits of home... Another thing... When am I ever going to get Aub's address??? She's given me all these delicious treats, and I can't even thank her!! You're slackin' guys! Ha. Remember, DearElder is an instantaneous thing... You can write me WHENEVER you want with DearElder. If you write it before noon, they deliver it the same day. It's so simple to send a DearElder.. Ha. So PLEASE get me Aubs address so I can thank her and her family for all the kindness and love. How's the backpack search coming along? Has Jared gone looking at all? Remember, all black. It can have some grey in it, or whatever.. But it has to be black.

How is everything at home? No one's telling me anything, so I've got no clue. What's happening in everyone's lives? How's the house coming? TELL ME!! Ha. The lessons are coming along well, Elder W. and I are beginning to act like a team when it comes to teaching together. It's hard at first, but we're getting the hang of it. We taught the first lesson on Wednesday to a guy named "Sera". Probably the coolest "Investigator" I've ever met. Such a stud.

I'm feeling the Spirit all the time here.. It's incredible. As a District, we decided we want to sing How Great Thou Art in Espanol (Grand Eres Tu) to the other Districts in our Zone in A Capella. It's been a struggle, since we have a few tone-deaf Elders in our District... ;) Also, two of the Hermanas in my District asked me to audition w/ them in doing Nearer My God to Thee for one of the Sunday meetings w/ all the missionary's at the MTC. I had to learn how to play Near My God to Thee w/ broken cords in just a couple hours before auditions started! But it went perfectly! Hopefully we get the chance to perform for the MTC... That would be an incredible experience. I'm so grateful you kept me going w/ piano all those years ago, mom... It's been such a blessing in my life. And a blessing I give in the lives of others. I love bringing the Spirit through music. It's... Ah, it just makes me happy. :) Please tell me how everyone is doing, including yourselves. Handwritten letters, DearElder, packages... Whateva your heart desires! I look forward to all of it.

Oh and btw... I've gained 15 lbs while being here... in Just 2 1/2 weeks!!!! It's ok though, because it's not fat weight... I don't think. Ha! I've been doing pull ups, sit ups, push ups, etc every morning, night and afternoon, so it's going to the places it needs to be. I went to the MTC at 174lbs, I'm now 188lbs. Hahaha. It's hilarious how many people come to stare at the pull up bar. It's slightly awkward, even. Oh, and I almost broke my right middle and ring finger playing volleyball. Haha. They're swollen... Badly. But it's ok. I got my first haircut at the MTC today... I'm actually surprised, the guy did a really good job. Although he still has nothin' on you, Dixie! Haha!

Well... I don't know what else to say since I don't have my journal with me to help me remember everything. All the days are a blur here because you do the exact same thing pretty much every day. I did see Elder Carter yesterday and today.. He got here on Wednesday, looks like he's doing good. :) I wish I could remember more things that happened. This really is the best experience for my life right now. I can't tell you how much fun I'm having. I'm still waiting for the day that I hate it here, and want to come home. Right now, I'm loving serving the Lord, and love waking up at 5:30 to do my morning workout and get the best shower before everyone else wakes up at 6:30.. ;) This experience is going to help me in so many ways when I get back. I'm learning so much about discipline and hard work, and although at times it can be hard to study for 4 hours straight... I know it's only there to help me.

Testifico que yo se la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos dias es la iglesia de Dios!!!!!

I love you all, I miss you all, I pray for you all, You all mean so much to me. Keep me in your prayers, You're in mine.

No comments: