March 29, 2011

March 25, 2011

LOVE TEMPLE FOOD!!!





Don't worry, mother! I'm getting EVERYONE'S DearElders! Hahaha! I want to thank everyone for all the letters I got this last week... It was extremely uplifting to look in the mailbox and see a letter consistently every single day! How are all of you?? How's everything coming?

Time here at the MTC has flown by like nothing else... It's incredible to me that we've been here for three weeks and two days. Just six more to go! So, about my weight... I've weighed a consistent 190lbs for the past week. Everything is going to the right places it seems, and it helps that the MTC has unlimited chocolate milk whenvever you want it! Chocolate milk is the greatest drink on this planet. I drink at least 8 cups a day... Good protein stuff. Ha.

I had a weekly interview last week w/ Hermano Maxwell. He's such a great guy, still in missionary mode because he came back from the mission only six months ago. He's very dedicated, and cares a lot about what we do. We spoke about my progress, and he told me that I have the potential of becoming the strongest missionary/person he has ever met. This meant a lot, coming from him. It's all about becoming that Celestial Missionary I've spoken about before.. I love going to the Temple. It's such an incredible place to grow spiritually. Our temple walks are always great, and I love P-Days, because we get to go to the temple every morning, and that means TEMPLE FOOD! They have the BEST Belgian Waffles... Aw. I'd better stop talking about food.

I began marking my spanish scriptures w/ all my chosen scriptures that pertain to the lessons in PMG (Preach My Gospel). It's a big process, but I love doing it! It also helps me come to know the scriptures more, which is essential for me in becoming the best missionary I can possibly be.

I want you all to listen, and read what I'm about to write very carefully. Read it over a few times, and tell me how you feel. This is something I wrote in my journal on the 20th... The District that has Elders G., W., P. etc left on Monday for the field. We sang God be with You Till We Meet Again en Espanol to them. Then they had the opportunity to bear their testimonies after. They are all like older brothers to me... I have looked up to them in more ways than one the first three weeks in being here. It goes to show what being the right person, teaching by example, and following the gospel of Jesucristo really does for each of us... This is what I wrote in my journal:

This Gospel is TRUE. The work WILL go forth. If not by me, than by the wonderful Elders who have gone before me. Elders W., P., G., J., & S.. The nametag I wear has two names. I will FORGET the top one (my name). IT IS THE NAME OF JESUCRISTO - JESUS CHRIST THAT I HOLD. THAT I WEAR. THAT I AM. He IS my Savior. Those Elders have set an example I could never match. Tonight was the Testimony Meeting in which we sang to them... I am a DISCIPLE AND FOLLOWER of JESUS CHRIST. HE LIVES. HE HAS CHOSEN ME TO SHARE HIS EVERLASTING GOSPEL. I Will NOT disobey. What E'er thou art, Act well thy part. The Gospel is true. I love my SAVIOR. I know w/out a shadow of a doubt, that He LIVES and He loves me. The name I wear on my heart, that badge that bears the emblem to die for, is the name I will forever serve...

What a testimony those Elders gave me. I know through this experience, that I hate goodbyes. I HATE goodbyes. They are like brothers to me. Their examples are ones I will never forget. I got pictures of them, don't worry. It's amazing how 3 weeks in the MTC can make relationships stronger than some people have in years. It's because of the Gospel that it is centered around. I've grown so much. How else could I now speak Spanish fluently enough to teach the first lesson w/ my companion completely in Espanol?

One funny thing... We were teaching one of our Investigators, and I wanted to ask what his feelings were about the scripture we had just read. In spanish, feelings = sentimientos. Instead, I said = sufrirmientos, which means sufferings... "Tomas... What are your sufferings about this scripture? Hahahaha! I laughed about that for a long time!
Alma 17: 2-3 WHAT STUDS. I gained a stronger testimony on studying the scriptures after I read that scripture.

Something I made up, that I plan to add to...
For without the Savior,
I could not be.
But through him,
I live for ETERNITY.

Hermano Douglas, my favorite teacher, interviewed me last night. We spoke of so many things. He told our District we have the potential to be fluent, completely, by the time we leave the MTC on May 02. I believe this to be true. Also, he told me that he respects me, and loves me. He's such an incredible example. I look up to him more than I look up to anyone else here. His example is one of knowledge of the scriptures, setting the best example for all missionaries, and loving each and every one of us, genuinely. A lot of the things he told me I will keep to myself. Know that we are successful here, that the Spirit touches each and every one of us, and that through the Spirit, we are becoming STRIPLING WARRIORS in the Gospel. I am proud of this.

Yo se que el Evangelio de Jesucristo es verdadero! Estoy mucho agradecido por la CCM, y por mi Distrito. Yo se que estoy aqui por un (reason). Y por media de seguimiente el Evangelio, soy mucho felicidad, y fuerce.

Nos Amo!! I love you all! I pray for all of you, day and night. At every meal time, before every class. The Church is true. Thank you all for taking the time to read these letters, and send me letters in return. Let's keep it up! Hahaha! You're all such an example to me. Dani, Aubrey, Kim, Christ, Jared, Melyn, Mom, Dad, Gma, Gpa, Omi, Buppi, Allie, and ALL the others. I love you all. Stay strong. It's a good time to be alive. :)

ELDER J. Cuthbert 

No comments: