March 18, 2011

March 11, 2011


I FOUND THE PILLOW ROOM!!!
 
It is amazing. It's right across from my dorm, haha! It's a room that is, no joke, full to the ceiling w/ pillows. It's an amazing sight to behold! I will find a way to take a picture inside it... They lock it, so that can be a problem, ha. Well hello mi familia!! Como estan? Estoy muy agredecido por la oportunidad a escribir ustedes! Hope that was right... Ha, well I think I left off on Saturday on my last email. Sunday was a great day. It's a day of many meetings, intervies, hard seats, and feeling the Spirit. I'm District Leader, which means I'm in charge of my District which consists of all those I mentioned last time. I have to conduct interviews w/ all the Elders in my District, and make sure I am surving them well. It's a great calling, and I am very grateful for the opportunity to serve.
 
Thank you so much for the package! The letter Jared wrote to me, and the one that you wrote to me were very appreciated. :) Thank you SO MUCH for the Patriarchal Blessing copy... I read it the night I got it. Oh, by the way... We're not allowed to have gum here, it isn't very professional. So if you want to send me gum, just send mints instead. I can always use mints!! Two more things.. I don't think my backpack is going to work. It is very narrow, and is very frustrating to try and wrestle my many language books and binders in there. I wrote a letter to Jared asking him to buy me a new one. I would like a black one, preferably a Nike, Nike 6.0 or something like that... Just give him the money from my bank account to do it. I know he'll pick one I like. I hope so, anyway.. Ha, no pressure, Jared. ;) Also, I need a watch. I can't believe I never got one. I need one that also gives the date. I want a chronograph one... Not digital, but it's really not my choice anymore, is it? Ha, a Fossil would be nice.. Like I said before, just take it out of my bank account.
 
Always write back from DearElder. They receive and give us the mail, same-day. It is very convenient. Also, I don't know Aubs, and Chris' addresses... This makes it very difficult to write Aub and Fam a thank you letter for all of the treats they've been sending me!! It's so frustrating! If you could get those to me, I would much appreciate it! Also, are you forwarding my emails to my friends as well? Dani, Kim, Aubs, etc.? I really want them to have a copy.
 
Anyway, on the 8th, Elder M. was having a bad day. He was feeling uncomfortable, and doubting his reasons for being here. We gave him a blessing that morning in his dorm, the Spirit was so strong... I love being worthy to exercise my priesthood authority in that way. We also have had the opportunity to teach the 1st lesson to a couple people. The first time was incredibly tough. You don't realize how hard it is to teach someone until you actually try it... And what I thought I knew about teaching, the scriptures, PMG, etc... I didn't. Ha, I've learned so much this past week. The days have flown by for me. Everyone says differently, that the days are dragging by, and they can't wait for them to end. I say differently. It definitely has to do w/ getting lost in the work.
 
We as a District have all taken turns to tell our love lives during lunch... It's been the most entertaining experience! Our District has grown so close together lately. We all love one another, and are very comfortable with helping everyone out with all our problems.
 
The language is coming along well. I can pray in spanish, along with bearing my testimony and speaking in broken spanish during all meals. That's another thing! The meals... You are allowed to eat as much as you want, buffet style. This can  be a good thing because they do have a lot of healthy, good things to eat. I drink 2 glasses of chocolate milk a day, along with at least 4,000 calories of food a day. I'm not getting fat, don't worry!!! If anything, I'm getting more muscle because I've been making a conscious effort to do my pull ups and push ups every morning and night. Every night people just gather by the pull up bar as I do my work out... It's kind of awkward. You'd be surprised at how many "weak" Elders there are here! some can't even do one. They're completely amazed that I can do 20+ pull ups constantly. Like I said... I have to beat that record! People keep asking "what I do." I say, I don't understand. They say "P90X, or... stuff?" Oh! P90X!! Ha. One of the Elders, E. G. comes up to me and says... "You're physique is just... Godlike!!!" HAHAHAHAHA! If only...
 
So here comes the funniest thing that has ever happened to me... Ever. It's the result of 3 days of CONSTANT laughter. Elder M. goes to the bathroom a few days ago. When he comes out, he beckons to E. G.. E. G. comes over and E. M. says... "I'm bleeding from my butt hole..." E. G. bursts out laughing!! They go to the clinic and E. M. gets checked out. He comes back out smiling and says: "Don't worry, it's only Hemorrhoids!!!" He seemed to think that was a good thing!! Then, seeing a couple new Elders who arrived there that day, he goes up to them and says: "Hey! Where are you guys going?"
"North Dakota, where are you going?"
"Argentina! Be careful where you sit!"
"Why?"
"Because you'll get Hemorrhoids! I have them... Right NOW!" Needless to say, he scared them away pretty quickly! He's been telling people everywhere, and w/out fail, I laugh harder than I've laughed in a long time! I'd rather not mention the kind of medicine he has to use, and how to apply it... BLEGH.
 
Ha, today is P-Day, the only day I'm allowed to write emails, which is why DearElder works the best, because I can receive letters whenever. But we went to the temple this morning, and it was great. The cafeteria food there is incredible. When we got outside, the fountain was going, the sun was shining, there were no clouds in the sky... It was beautiful. I am so regretting not bringing my camera. That is something I will for sure do next Friday. I love it here, you guys... Every day is a new experience, every day I learn something new. I feel the Spirit constantly, and love doing what I'm doing. I go to bed exhausted, and wake up at 6:00 ready to begin again! I'm so thankful for everything that's happened... Continue to send letters and packages, you don't know how grateful and lucky I feel, not to mention how much I appreciate it.
 
Testifico a las palabras en el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios. Yo se que nosotros recibimos bendices cuando nosotros (do what) es justo. Yo se que Jesucristo es el hijo de Dios. Dice las cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo... Amen. :)
 
Love you all, I miss you all, I pray for you all, You all mean so much to me. Keep me in your prayers, I am doing my best to be positive 24/7, but prayers always help.
 
Love, E. Cuthbert

No comments: