February 22, 2012

February 13, 2012


HAMSTER KILLER!!! He got out of your stinking bathtub?? Hamstupendous.... Gosh. That´s terrible that he is dead... Even more terrible that it SMELLS like death. Gosh... Pobreciiiiiito... (Hehe, Melyn!! ;)) I know Dad will do a GREAT job with the selling of the contract. I remember when he would use me as the "audience" to practice for his eREP presentations... Hahaha! Dad can do anything.
 
Well, here in the mission things have been a big roller coaster of good/bad experiences, happy/sad feelings and... things like that. On Tuesday, E. Agazzani got really quiet. He wouldn´t talk to me, and I didn´t understand what was going on. I thought that maybe I had done somthing to him, offended him or did something that he didn´t like. We were still fine Tuesday night, but then Wednesday in the morning, he completley stopped talking! This 21 yr. old who has much more time than me, stopped talking to me. I was so confused and a little frustrated. I called him out on it before we left to work in the morning, he told me that everything was fine and that he was just "like that". That does not settle anything for me. I need his communication, cooperation and companionship in the mission. We´re a team. If we don´t work together, we don´t have the Spirit. We cannot teach and baptize without the Spirit. Anyways, Wednesday went by VERY slowly, because he wouldn´t talk to me. I tried to strike up conversations, but we would talk for about a minute, and he would fall back into silence. That night, I was done. I wanted him to talk to me. When we get back to the apartment from work, we get down on our knees pray to HF for help to fine-tune our plans for the next day. He got down to pray, I stayed up.  I began doing regular chores we do after the planning session. I washed a couple dishes, organized my desk, swept, things like that. My goal was that he would ASK me to come and plan. FINALLY, after 5 minutes of him kneeling there silent, He said: We going to plan?
Oh, you wanted to plan?
Only if you want to.
I would LOVE to plan, E. Agazzani, but I can´t if we aren´t talking.
I then let go of all the feelings I had felt during the day. My frustration with him not talking at all during the day. I related all the reasons I had thought of that could be causes of his silence, I began ranting and ranting and my voice began to raise until I was yelling. I had lost it. I turned around and began trying to guess why he was being so quiet, when I heard snobs and sniffs from behind me. I whipped around to find E. Agazzani crying. Crying? I was stunned for a second. I couldn´t think why he would be doing that. He then burst out: I DON¨T WANT TO GO HOME, OK!!! He began to vent, and vent and vent. About how scared he was to go home... What was going to happen to him, what he was going to do... Gosh... It was very surprising. But we began to talk more calmly, and in the end we gave each other hugs and promised to help him get to the end of his mission happy and successful. Gosh... I felt terrible for snapping at him like that. But I got it out of him... And we were good again.
 
Now, Fabiana. She didn´t baptized on Sunday. We had a lesson with her on Wednesday that was INCREDIBLE. She spoke about how it is necessary how we need to be humbled before God to be able to accept the Gospel, and that´s exactly what she had to do. She had had such a hard life, but she was now much, much happier. We put the date for the 12th, Sunday, to baptize her. She then bore her testimony to us of the happiness she felt. Before she had accepted the Gospel, she had always felt alone. So alone, with no one there to help her out in her times of need. But she then told us that when we began teaching her, when she began to give up cigarettes and her boyfriend to follow God, she felt better. She felt that she had a Daddy that was there for her. That in her darkest hours and in the times that she feels alone, she can just curl up in the arms of her Heavenly Father, and know that it´s ok. That He is always there for her, and that He won´t let her go. She was taking a great leap of faith. It was incredible and so humbling to watch her bear this testimony amongst her tears when thinking back to the first lesson we had with her. She had told us that religion was created to DESTROY families. That she would NEVER go to a church. That she believes in God, but no more. It was an incredible, and unbelievable 180 degree turn. Another miracle in San Martín de los Andes. So we had her interview set for Friday. We got there to begin waiting for her... And she didn´t show up. No......
 
We found out that her boyfriend came to her house to try and talk her out of it. She was staying strong, but she wasn´t able to get out of the house to go to the interview. I was filled with such a rage to this guy for impeding her from her interview. Such a rage... Anyway, we moved the date of the baptism to the 18th, Saturday, for sure. She came to church and cried during the whole of the Sacrament Meeting. I haven´t been able to talk to her since, so tomorrow we´ll talk about everything. I love her to death, she´s been so strong. PRAY for this woman. She needs EVERY prayer.
 
Well, We had the opportunity to speak with one of the Seventy, E. Foster and his wife. I got to shake his hand and speak with him. It was incredible. I loved the talk he gave. He spoke of the power of prayer, many things we can change as missionaries to become better, and... Other things. Hahaha! I have to go, don´t have much time, but I love you all. And I will write to you next Monday with the news that Fabiana got baptized, if I´m leaving my home, San Martín de los Andes, and if I got your package, mom. I love you.
 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: