February 22, 2012

February 6, 2012

We went to a place today called Via Christi. It`s a Sculpture Park on the mountain in Junìn de los Andes of the entire life of Jesus Christ.. Through sculptures. It was incredible. And I had no camera to take pictures of it! I hope I stay here one more transfer, it would be awesome to go back with my camera... 

So the baptisms.. WERE AWESOME!!! Those two, SWEET GIRLS!! Their mom is less active, hasn`t been inside the church since she was fifteen. But she wanted her two children to know what baptism was, and if they had the desire to be baptized, that they would be baptized as well. Their father is a non member. He also has desires, but was never home when we taught them, which made it more difficult to teach him. But he has interest as well. On Friday we had the baptismal interviews, Zahida (11 years old) She gets very, VERY nervous in front of people she doesn`t know, and during the interview, E. Campos asked her what a prophet was. She began to tremble because she couldn`t remember, she THREW her face into her hands and started yelling, I don`t know, I don`t know!!!! Hahaha, E. Campos calmed her down, and helped her out. Turns out she DID know, she just didn`t remember. But they both passed the intervews. On Saturday morning, we went by their house in the morning to give them the baptismal clothing. We asked them who they wanted to baptize them. They both shouted: "Vos!!" Or "You!" I felt very humbled. That night in the baptism, everything went perfectly. The baptisms went through well, Daniza (9 years old) bent her knees too much and hit the bottom of the font with her butt, haha!!! But it was awesome, I loved it. I love baptisms. With those two girls, they almost didn`t need to be baptized.. . So pure. Children are SO pure. It makes me think of 3 Nephi 9:22 that says we should become as little children. 

Fabiana is a miracle. I couldn`t tell you guys of the miracle that happened last week with her. We gave her a chapter to read in the BoM, she read it, but then the idea came into her head... What else does this book say? She began filing through some pages and stopped on a page and read two verses. We came by later that day to talk to her. She then had the question "Why the Book of Mormon?" What`s its purpose? I leafed through some pages of the book of Mormon, stopped ona page... And had her read two verses. She stopped halfway through, and said: "I`ve already read this." Turns out that it was the exact scripture that she had read earlier when we weren`t there. Don`t ask me how I knew I had to go to that scripture, but the Spirit works in mysterious ways, and she took that as an answer to her prayers, amongst other things that have happened. Fabiana in the beginning told us that Religion is BAD. It is meant to DESTROY. Churches do nothing but rip apart families. But she has realized over the past 3 weeks that that is not so. She had the plan to come to church last week, but in the end didn`t come because her little 1 and a half year old daughter didn`t have diapers. But she came this week!!! She liked it, too! We have her baptismal date for the 12th, on Sunday after Sacrament meeting. If everything goes well, you should see the pictures on Monday. If not the 12th, the 18th for sure!!! Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE MISSION!!! Well, I have to go. The time is short! 

I love you guys. 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: