February 22, 2012

January 16, 2012



Twenty years? NOOOOO!!! I´m not that old! I feel like I´m still 12, not a care in the world, running Hershey track and having a blast. But.. I can´t stop time. As much as I would like to stop time and stay young forever... I can´t. I´m turning twenty in a couple days... Blegh. I have to tell you the truth, I just want to stay your little Jordie. But, I know for right now, I can´t. Life has gone on, the years have past, and I am now an authorized servant of God. The time has flown...
So much has happened. E. Calvache left later on Monday, leaving E. Campos, Arenas and me here in San Martín to do whatever we wanted... So what did we do? We walked around to every chocolate store in San Martín and ate their samples... ;) And there´s LOTS of chocolate stores. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! If there´s one thing that age won´t change, it´s my love for delicious, scrumptious, smooth, luscious chocolate... HMMMMM. That night we began packing the other Elders´ stuff up. They were going to move to a different apartment in San Martín, so I helped clean and organize. That night we sat and spoke about our lives, and it was a pretty deep conversation. We spoke about things that I haven´t told many people, but we as Elders in the Gospel were strengthened by the testimonies of each other. At midnight, pouring with rain, we ran to the terminal to pick up E. Agazzani, my new companion. When he got there, we left the other two Elders for our own apartment, once there, we spoke for a little bit, then got to bed at 2am. Next morning... DEAD. We were so tired. Ever since then, I´ve been showing him around San Martín, we´ve been teaching, talking and loving life as missionaries. E. Agazzani is from Cordoba, Argentina. He´s got an accent that I´ve never heard before, a little hard to understand, he´s ending the mission in April, and he´s pretty shy around people he doesn´t know. But we´ll fix that.
The recent converts are doing very well. Mirta and Dana were sick, so Ramón and Claudia came to church by themselves! I was so proud of their effort. Yenifer and Karen came alone, without their mom. Her mom has been having a very hard time right now. She has a HUGE desire to be baptized, but she´s got a boyfriend, a daughter between the two of them, and she doesn´t want to separate the family again... HARD situation. They fasted with us on Saturday-Sunday to find a way to make the situation better. It´s brought a lot of tears on the part of Miriam, she doesn´t know what to do. I have been praying a lot for her and for her family. We have a lot of families now that are new. Everyone we had either got baptized, or said they don´t want to hear anything more. So when E. Agazzani got here, we are once again, almost starting from zero. We´ve found a lot of new people, had a lot of weird conversations, met a lot of dedicated catholics and evangelicals... What a week. We got into a pretty big bible bash the other day, and I had to repent for it on Sunday. I felt terrible for diverting from my cause as a missionary and only relying on scriptures from a half translated correctly Bible... Instead of using the power of the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon. I love the Bible, but only confusion comes from it because people interpret its sayings so differently. The Book of Mormon is NECESSARY. Without it, we are lost, in the dark. Anyway, I repented a lot for what I did, we also met a catholic yesterday that said "If you guys come to the Mass on Sunday at 10:30 this Sunday, I guarantee you I will come to you church too, but I already know you guys will never come." Hard decisions.... I don´t think we´ll be going, but it would be very interesting. He´s a hard core catholic that is SO SURE that the church that Constantine made permanent is the church of Christ. Wrong. Even by that time, the church was already in Apostasy... Ooops! I´m beginning to teach here... Sorry. Heh! I´ve been doing a lot of studying with the Apostasy and what happened... It´s a sketchy situation.
Anyway, for my birthday we´re going to Mirta and Ramóns house to have a bunch of Empanadas... I´m going to use one of the chocolate devils food cakes that you gave me and make a chocolate icecream-dulce de leche icecream cake!!!!! Hahaha! Wish me luck with that! I love this work. I love you all so much. SEND PICTURES! They make me HAPPY. Give me more HOPE. Make me work HARDER.
I love you all with all my heart. Jared, I WANT that hat. Mom, you´re la mejor mamá que hay en este mundo. Nunca te cambie. Eres mi angel. Melyn, sigues con el español. Te amo mucho. Papá. Te amo. Gracias por llevar a Jared y Simon al Show de Autos. Gracias por todo. No puedo esperar para hablar con ti.
Amor,
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: