February 22, 2012

February 20, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! That made me smile and laugh SO HARD when you told me about Maggie eating the dead fawn!!! Haha! That`s normal here... Dogs eat whatever they can find. People eat a ton of grilled meats and chicken, so when they`re done with the bones, they throw them out to the dogs. Not to mention all the dead animals that they find, and begin to chow down on. The other day we were at an investigators house, and there was a dead cat outside that her puppies were eating. They had ripped the spine clean off the cats body and were having a blast while doing it! Haha. But yeah, it is nasty. I hope Maggie wasn`t licking Jared or Simon lately... Ha. 

Right after I`m done writing you, we`ll be going to the terminal to see if any packages got here. I really hope the birthday one gets here today... It`s been an awfully long time. The camera, I`m sure will be here next week. It`s only been two weeks since you sent it. Hopefully, I`ve been praying that it gets to me. Heavenly Father answers prayers, so I know that it will come. Thank you so much for helpìng me out, Mom. I`ve missed out on the pictures of three baptisms because my camera broke, and we`re going to have a lot more coming up here. :) 

E. Agazzani and I had a HUGE fight on Thursday morning. That morning is dedicated to the 3 hour weekly planning... And we spent all 3 hours... Fighting. It was Bad. Bad, Bad, BAD. I couldn`t believe it when I finally looked at the clock and it said 1:00pm. We had been fighting since 10:00. BAD. It was a huge fight about lack of communication and imperfections in the both of us. One of would throw out a criticism, then the other would throw one right back. It was BAD. The majority of the argument was about... Well, I can`t really tell you. It was about everything under the sun. In the end, we were able to cool down and come back and talk it out and come to an agreement. We said, "At least in 4 days I`ll be leaving San Martìn,"... We made up and continued working. We`re fine, now. Oh yeah, I guess that means that with Transfers... I`m not leaving!!! Ha. I will probably be here for another 3 months. I`ll complete a year in the mission in a little bit, and when May comes, it will be exactly a year in the Andes mountains... Something other missionaries only DREAM of having the opportunity to do. I`ve been lucky. :) We`re excited, we`ve got a lot of potential for these 6 weeks in the Work of the Lord. We`re going to baptize many. 

So, Fabiana.... SHE DID IT!!!!! WOOT!!! Miracles, Miracles, Miracles! The last Sunday she had come to church like I said, she liked it, and everything was good. Then, halfway through this week, her work schedule changed... And she had to work every day in the afternoon... This meant she couldn`t have her baptism at 6 on Saturday like we had planned... NO! We were frustrated, thinking of every back up plan we could do. Not only that, she was a little shaky on her testimony of Joseph Smith, she had many doubts about him being a prophet of God. We taught her, and testified with all our hearts, and int he end... Asked her to pray to her Heavenly Father and ask Him. Trying to figure everything out for the baptism, she finally came up with the thought that she could trade her hours for Saturday with someone else and work a different day when she had the day off. This was Friday when she came up with the idea. This was a day before the stinking baptism. We were biting our finger nails, Afùl!!! That morning, Saturday, we called her, waked her up from sleeping because she had left work at 2 in the morning and she said... "Yes, she changed with me, I can get baptized today." We then asked her... "Alright, who would you like to baptize you?" She said "Both of you". We laughed, told her we couldn`t do that. Then she said "E. Cuthbert". I felt very humbled. We had been trying to get her to want a member to baptize her, but in the end she wanted one of us. We got to the church when she was already in her interview with E. Campos who would tell her if she could be baptized or not. This would tell us if she had prayed to HF about Joseph Smith. She came out of the interview smiling, having cried a lot in the interview,E.Campos said" She`s good! " WWOOOT!!! She had told him ... I Believe. I believe. " That`s faith. So we had the baptism! The entire time before the baptism, she was on the balls of her feet, bouncing around because of the nerves. She kept (jokingly) acting like she wanted to escape through the windows of the church. But in the end, it was a solid, clean dunk in the font and she was baptized. Wonderful experience. We were so happy. 

Sunday was the real miracle, though. We got to church and waited for Sacrament meeting, when it came... She wasn`t there to be confirmed. Oh no!!! She`s not a member until she`s confirmed! The meeting started and I was flipping out. What`s happened, what`s happened?? The other Elders had three baptisms along with our one and we began confirming their baptisms. During the second confirmation, I said a prayer to HF and asked him... "HF, when I open up my eyes and look at the back of the audience, I beg you... Let Fabiana be there." We finished the confirmation and I opened my eyes. My comp whispered in my ear., "FABIANA!" I whipped around and a HUGE grin was plastered on my face. She had just walked in as Branch President got to the pulpit and announced that it was her turn to be confirmed. When she saw my grin, she spilled out in a smile, too. She got up and said, "I made it!" We were SO happy. And I will never forget that little prayer I made to my Father in Heaven. She was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. A religion. She told us that religion was false and of the devil when we found her. And I, Elder Cuthbert, Believe in Miracles. 

I love you all. I`ve got a good 3 months in San Martìn to go. We`re going to baptize a lot, help many people and work HARD. I love you all. Thank you for the prayers,. Thanks to you, I have had the success that I`ve had. Pray for Lautaro, the son of Fabiana. He`s 10 yrs. old and he`s next on the list for a baptism. 

E. Cuthbert 

Melyn, I hope everything is going well! What happened to that promise about writing me? ;) 

No comments: