March 24, 2013

May 14, 2012

Tell grandpa that I miss him... A lot. He`s been such an example in my life, tell him that I am so proud of him, his son; my father, and all that he has taught the both of us. The same goes for Grandma, Omi and Buppi and all the rest of the family.
 
I totally didn`t want to use Skype until I saw your face. :) Then I was a converted person. I was so happy that I was able to give you that present. I know you loved it, Mom. I love you so much. Once again, Happy Mothers Day. Thank you for everything that you have done for me in my life. For all the sacrifice, all the hard work. I realize now the amount of love and devotion you have dedicated into the lives of your children in such a short year and 2 months. And I know that as I get older, that appreciation will just continue to grow. Anyway, I wanted to ask Jared to send me some of his photography. From what I saw on the cam it was REALLY good! And it`s got awesome views of our view of the mountains. People here have never seen such big mountains, so Jared, send me some good pictures of our gorgeous mountains that you`ve done, and other things around the house. I would love to show more about my own life to them.
 
So the move went smoothly. We moved Monday night, and got everything organized, going to bed at 11:30, exhausted after a good Pday and lots of moving furniture. The new pench is much bigger than the old one, and in a much safer location. Just last week we had people throwing rocks at us right in front of our pench! Glad we moved!! Haha! Anyway, finding new people to teach this week was hard. I`m not understanding why it`s so hard to find people, but I know that they will come, if I Trust in the Lord, like you said, Mom, I know that we will be guided to the people looking for the truth. Wednesday night, we held a little 6 month anniversary for E. Wagstaff. I made him pizzas and chocolate chunk cookies that you sent me, Mom. If you ever send me more of the cookie mixes... I want that one... And nothin` else! Hahaha! SOOO good, and they reminded me of home. I can`t wait to try your brownie dessert pizza or whatever it was you made for dinner for Mothers day!
 
Thursday I had the coldest and most cruel wind and icicle´-like raindrops pound and rip apart my face for what seemed like an eternity. I`ve never been colder. The wind threw the rain into our faces, and it literally felt like someone throwing little daggers one by one into our flesh... Charming, but extremely fun experience! Haha! What we do for the Lord and the people here in Comodoro... We had an incredibly crazy lesson with Carla and Gabriel, the lady who forgot everything about the church. Gabriel pretty much denied himself eternal life. Saying that he was aware of the decisions he was making, and if he were to die tomorrow, he would be fine with going to hell. All I could say was... Sad. So, Sad. We begged them to read the BoM and pray about it, knowing that`s the only way he can get a testimony of everything. He is someone who dedicated himself to the Bible for 15 years, and he knows a lot. But every time he tried to counterargue something with a statement from the Bible, I whipped it back in his face with something from the Book of Mormon, or his own precious Bible. It surprised me at just how much I have learned, and the knowledge I have gained by both books. It has put the promise made by the prophets fulfilled when they said that with the Bible and Book of Mormon, you will be able to confound all men who come against you. I know that is true. And how powerful I felt to be able to testify of that fact to him. What a testimony I`ve gained... I love this church, I love this Gospel, I love my Savior.
 
It has been a while since I bore my testimony. I was thinking about what I`ve learned over the past year here in Argentina, and I know I am not the same person. Like Grandpa said to you, Mom, I know as well that the mission is changing everything about me. I sure hope that I am not like I was before the mission, and knowing that I`m not, I hope that I will never return. I know who I am now. I know what my purpose as a person is. I am so much happier, I don`t doubt about my life, and what I`m going to do. I know that as long as I trust in the Lord, He will direct my paths. I love this Gospel with all of my heart, and I know that it is a priviledge to suffer whatever it is that I suffer as a misisonary for two years if it means I can pay back even a little part of what The Savior of the World suffered for me. I know that without His example, His suffering, the giving of His life, we would not have the opportunity, the chance, or the blessing to see each other after this life, but because of it, I know that He conquered the death, and that we, as families can live together again after we have parted from this earthly life. I want everyone within the sound of my voice to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church of God. There was a true church of God when Jesus Christ was on the Earth. And it is back on the earth again because a loving Heavenly Father answered the curious prayer of one who only wanted to know which church to join. Joseph Smith really saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Of that I bear witness and testimony. And with all the complaints, all the false theories, all the lies, the persecution, the hatred, and the excuses that people will exclaim to me and my family about how Joseph Smith is a liar and a man destined to reign in Hell with Satan himself - To them I say they are wrong. And if they will not take on the promise made by Moroni, an ancient prophet from this American continent who promised that every single soul on this earth, male or female that wanted to know the truth of the Book of Mormon and the reality of the Truth of the Church of Jesus Christ, would only have to get on their knees and pray to their Maker, asking Him if these things are true... If they will not do that, it is because they do not have faith. I admonish, beg and exhort all to read the Book of Mormon and ponder its message. I love that book, and know it is the word of God. The Church is true, it`s important, and it`s NECESSARY to receive life eternal with our families. I love my family. And will fight every day of my life, until I can say at the end of my life as Paul said of old: "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course..." I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that any person that will abide His teachings... Will be saved in the Kingdom of God. Of these things I testify, asking God Himself to seal my testimony in heaven as well as here on Earth, and I do it in the name of His Son, the Son of God, even Jesus Christ, Amen.
 
I love you all, Happy Mother`s Day.
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: