March 24, 2013

May 7, 2012

Jared, Ha! Do you mind sending me some $ since you`re making so much? Just a couple grand... Not much to ask, right? Ha! Oh, how`s Valentina? Did you get all the parts and the registry and everything done to drive her? I bet you`re just itching with the roads being nice and dry and hot from the sun... Oooh, it gives me chills to think about it... ;) Heh! 

So we`re moving out today. Saturday was a long day spent in a ton of service. I`ll hurry and tell about what happened. So the pench that we`re moving into is the pench of a less active member and her non member husband. They are moving into their new house that they have built, and were planning on being out by Saturday, didn`t happen. Haha. On Wednesday, we went over at their request to help them dig a giant hole for the big pipe to connect their water to the waterline. 3 hours later with a giant hill next to us on the side of the road... We find out that the waterline doesn`t pass by where we were digging... GREAT!!!... Ha, so we went back to the pench,  changed and went to our appointments. On Saturday, we went over after lunch to see if they had connected the water. Still, no luck. They were working on another hole a little farther away, using "logic" that that`s where the pipe would have to be. So we got clothes on, and went to help dig with the pick ax and shovels and stuff. Nothing. So we started doing the same thing, a little farther inside, on the sidewalk this time. This time, there was no way we were going to fail. We began digging and then found a pipe at the bottom. Success!!!! Ahem... Not. The owner of the house whose sidewalk we were destroying came out and told us that that wasn`t the water pipe. Great. 3 holes, and no luck. So, finally we made a temporary ditch for the pipe that passed through the street. We were digging and pick axing for a good 7 hours. We got home with sore hands and tired bodies. So, I decided to make us Empanadas Arabes. They`re probably my favorite food in all of Argentinedom. What you do is you mix hamburger meat with onion, green, red pepper and salt, pepper, and a spice. Then, you take the juice from about 6 lemons and you pour that over everything. You then let it sit in your fridge for 2 hours, and the lemon juice cooks the hamburger meat, solo! With the acids from the juice, that cooks it all, you then put it into empanada shells and throw them in the oven. So RICO!!!!!! 

So today, at 6 pm we are moving. FINALLY. We slept on our mattresses on the ground last night because we already took apart the bunk bed in the hopes that we would have already moved out. Haha.    So I will definitely send pictures next week of the move and everything.  

Alright, I am so proud of my Dad right now. What a bunch of woosies that wimped out of the job!  That`s so awesome that he kept with it, and will be doing that with Texas. I promise that I will not do anything to my body that will  cause a medical insurance difficulty. You have my word. And I just signed a random piece of paper, signing my life away to that promise. I hope you`re happy. :) 

Thanks again for the package with my journal in it! I forgot to tell you to send more of the spicy chipotle marinade packets!! Oh well, I can be patient for Christmas or something like that.   So, Mother`s Day. I`m so, so so so so so so so excited    to call you guys! It`s going to be great! I`m planning on calling at about 4:30. 1:30 your time. Be sure to write down any questions   that you want me to answer so you don`t forget. I`ve got about an hour to talk to you guys, so let`s make it a good one! I`ll call you guys, and then if you guys can call me back, that would be great. 1-801-358-0396... I`ll never forget your cell number.  I`m not going to do Skype. I`m going to make you wait till I pick you up from the airport in Neuquèn!!! ;) I`ll be talking with my President about that soon to make sure I know everything and how to help you  know what it is you have to do. 

So, yes, we have found a few new investigators... But not enough. I have realized latelty that I might be putting too much confidence in myself, and not in God to help us work. I realized through a set of really humbling hours of knocking and not getting into ANY house, that I need to ask My Heavenly Father more specifically for His help, and then I need to listen as carefully as possible to hear His whispers to me. I love missionary work, and I know I don`t want to leave. The work is a little harder here, but E. Cuthbert never backed down to a little adversity. In 2 nephi 4 it talks about how Nephi wouldn`t back down because of his afflictions. I, like him, will do the same. Work the hardest I can, and let the Lord do the work. Thank you for all of the support you guys give me. I can truly thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the most incredible family... I love you guys so much. Send me pictures of Prom, and of the family!  Don`t worry about me, I am doing so well here... I`m happy, and I`m learning more about the Plan of Salvation and the purpose of our existence here, more and more. I love this Gospel. 

Amor, 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: