March 24, 2013

May 21, 2013


Hey familia!!! I want you all to know that I love you so much! Maggie... you poor little girl!!! You were always such an old fart, but now it´s really happening... You´re disentigrating into thin air!!! :( I hope I see you before you die. 

Anyway, right now, I am in Trelew. 5 hours away from Comodoro doing errands to renew my Visa to stay legal in the country. I´m with an E. Johnstun from Mona, Utah (?) Where the heck is Mona?? And E. Reid from Idaho. Two AWESOME Elders. Anyway, we got all my visa stuff done this morning, so now we´re just waiting for my 5 hour bus trip back to Comodoro at 3 o´ clock. What a week it´s been! It was SOOO cold outside! The wind has been... FREEZING!!! But, I´m happy, doing good, everything is good. 

You and E. Wagstaffs mom should get together for an afternoon tea or something! At least... ahem... That´s what all Argentines would do, but seeing that we´re LDS and we don´t drink tea... Maybe you guys could drink milk? Or Sprite? Hahaha! Wagstaff has an awesome family, really crazy. I like his mom, she worries so much about her little munchkin! ;) 

Yes, people were throwing rocks but it´s no big deal. there are about 30 missionaries in Comodoro. It´s a big city, but we´re on the outskirts of everything. It´s a lot more chill where I am, and we don´t have too many problems with anybody. Carla and Gabriel, we went to them on Monday night and they really don´t want to progress. At least Gabriel is fighting with his little Bible in hand, and won´t humble himself enough to read and ask God. What a frustrating man. Anyway, Carla is a little confused about everything, but we will be going by in the next few weeks maybe to see how she´s doing and see if she´s still interested in at least learning more. She hasn´t ever wanted to go to church, just embarassed, probably. Anyway, we´re not going by them as much anymore just because nothing ever happens. They aren´t progressing. 

I have to apologize... I don´t have anything to send pictures with! I left everything in Comodoro, so I can´t send you the pictures of the awesome Sealions that almost killed me! It was such a cool experience! We had to wait till the tide was down, then we walked out to this outcropping of rock way out in the sea, the Bishop was with us, of course. Anyway, we got out there, and got around to the other side of the rocks, and there they were, like... hundreds of sea lions on the rocks! It was SOOO cool to see them so closely! We climbed up the rocks, and i was litterally 5 ft. away from them. I have a picture of one that looks about ready to kill me. It was so awesome, such a good experience... I´m so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending me to such a beautiful mission. I have been so lucky to be in the Patagonia of South America... What a blessing it is. Anyway, that night I get a call from... E. Slaugh! He and E. Sharp were companions, and E. Sharp was leaving for Gaiman which is pretty close to Trelew, so he called me up and wanted to know if he could chill with me and Wagstaff for the night till his next comp came, I said... GET HERE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

So I had divisions with my Dad. FUN. It was so good to talk with him. He pulled me aside on the bus that night, and said. E. Cuthbert, I want you to know how proud I am of you. I have heard about the things you´ve done on the mission, and I will never stop telling you of how proud I am of you. Mom, it felt SO. Good. to hear my Trainer say that to me. I have a lot to work on, and I have a long way to go before I ever become like him, but to hear him say that was... It was awesome. I respect him more than anyone else. He really was my half brother for that transfer... Hard to think that that was a year ago exactly. How the time flies... 

This week, the work went a lot better. We had more news, and the lessons with member went up as well. It felt good to be back on track with my usual numbers. I love this work!!! 
I didn´t write anything down before I came here, so I can´t really remember a lot of the stuff that happened, but I wanted to relate my story about the talk I gave yesterday in church. Talk about, GOOD! I had been thinking about what I wanted to say for awhile now. And one day, I was reading a very known part in D&C 18 that says the Worth of Souls is great in the sight of God. So I spoke about my own family, how much I miss and love you guys, and how our Heavenly Father feels, having all of us so far away from his presence. I told them that if we could erase all of the religion, work, sports, the things that separate us as people, wouldn´t we realize and see ourselves as how we really are? All of us, sons and daughters of God fighting for the exact same goal? Returning to Him? With that said, I began talking about the importance of sharing the Gospel with all of our Brothers and Sisters. Because that´s what they are. How can we NOT gives our OWN brothers and sisters the tools they need to make it back to their Father in Heaven? Preposterous, to those who think that this Gospel is not something to be shared with EVERYONE. 

Anyway, I love you guys so much. I know that this is the true church. I had so many people crying after my talk was done... I have that effect on people when I talk, if they cry... That means I reached their hearts... And hopefully they will change. thank you for everything you guys are doing for me. Jared, I just saw Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows on the bus ride from Comodoro to here... It was SICK! I really liked it, really funny, good action. (Just so you know, Mom... The President lets us watch movies on the buses) Anyway, I´m going to go and buy a giant pizza for myself, I´m pretty hungry! I love you so much!!! 

Amor, 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: