March 24, 2013

April 23, 2012





How are you all?? Jared, you went to Prom, huh? Way to be the gentleman! You will find that the COOL people are the ones who treat their dates and the women in their life nicely. You``ll be surprised that they treat you more nicely in return as well ;) Haha! So you went in a Lexus IS 350???? How was THAT my bud?? I bet you guys were hauling! That reminds me of my Prom to Sundance in the Audi RS6, my car... Right, Omi and Buppi? ;) It was SUCH an adventure, I``m so happy you went, send me pictures of everything, PUHLEASE!!
Wow, this week had some big ups and so giant downs! It was a very good week, overall. The Work is slowly working its way back up, and we``ll have success here pretty soon. Forgive me for the apostrophe``s, for some reason, this Argentine computer likes to do two instead of one. Don``t know why.
YAY!! I``m so happy I have money! Will you set aside, and pay my tithing on that money please? If that``s aloud, I don``t know if you can do it for me. Haha. Feliz Cumpleanos, Simon! Espero que fuera lo mejor! :) Anyways, What a week, lets get started.
First of all, we might be moving!! Our pench is REALLY small, and what``s more, I have had to take a bucket shower every day since I got here, because the pressure of the shower, literally, sucks. Bucket shower, bucket shower, bucket shower!!! And the front door is really hard to open with the key, Ha! It``s all really hilarious, really. But we might move into the house of a member, because they are moving out of that house to move into a different house, so they``re leaving the other house free, and we can have that house on the first few days of May, Me entendian?? Did you understand that Ha, yeah, so hopefully we can move, it``s a lot bigger and got a lot more space.
So... I was BITTEN BY A DOG!! We were up in a new part of the area that I hadn``t ever seen before, and while we were walking around and knocking on all the little shacks on the perimeter of the neighborhood, this big, fat dog comes walking next to us. He had his head down, giving us shifty looks every once and awhile. We thought we were good, so we kept walking. As soon as I broke eye contact with him, WHAM!!! I feel this very strange, pulling on the back of my calf muscle. I instictively kicked and whipped around, and the dog started going berserck. He had bitten me, getting his jaws firmly on my calf muscle and had PULLED. It HURT. We were already at a door when he had bitten me, so I just forgot about it, more focused on talking with someone about the Restored Gospel. So we knocked the door, and I hid the pain and my anger under my smile and we asked to come in... We didn``t get in. When the door shut, I wiped that smile off my face and whipped around ready to KILL. The dog was about 10 meters away, so I couldn``t really do anything. I just started to limp away and we continued contacting. He bit me through my pants, lucky thing is that he didn``t tear through them, there is no hole or anything whatsoever on my pants, but he still got me good. I have sent the picture so you can see. Dumb. Dog. I called Sister. Peterson and she told me if I started to feel sick or anything like that, to go to the hospital for Rabies, but we``ll see... Hahaha! I``m not too worried, there was no skin contact. So that night, I treated myself to some good ``ol Brownies with Dulce de Leche to make me feel better! Hha!


I have made French toast with syrup and whipped cream and cinnamon sugar a couple times... Oh my Gosh. There was a 14 yr. old kid that kept passing by us on a moped every one to two minutes on the road the other day for about a half hour, every time, passing screaming cuss words and flipping us off. How the younger generation is slipping farther, and farther into the flaxon cords and temptations of the devil!!!! :(
The days have been pretty tough. Hard work. We``ve been contacting a lot lately trying to find new investigators. There aren``t a lot, and I WILL NOT use the excuse that Comodoro is just ``Harder``. I refuse to make excuses. The only reason an area is open is because there is someone in that area, who will be baptized. I just have to find them. So we``ve been working to find them. IT``s tough, but we won``t give up, me or E. Wagstaff. He``s doing great, by the way. We love each other. 
We found a girl from Salta who was baptized 2 years ago and then moved here right afterwards. She is now completely inactive, she smokes, drinks, has a boyfriend and a kid and doesn``t remember ANYTHING about the Gospel, Joseph Smith, BoM, or anything. It is so sad. We found her through trying to find a different person, hopefully we can help her and her boy friend want to accept the Gospel again.
I have to say, I love Comodoro... It``s gotten surprisingly cold, it bites my face off! Being next to the ocean gives us a very.. ahem, pleasant ocean breeze that``s about a billion below zero degrees. The wind has picked up, so we``ve been bundling up a lot more too. I loved church, yesterday. the 2nd counselor from the bishopric gave me this paste used to heal horse cuts on my dog bite, it``s sealed up quite nicely! Haha... But man, oh MAN did it hurt for awhile there! I want you all to know that I am fine and happy. I love the Gospel, and am studying the BoM and the Bible more than ever before. I love studying, and learning new things. When I get home, I will HAVE to go to work and study so I can keep myself busy and not get bored... I haven``t had a boring day for more than a year! Awesome. I love you all. If you have any questions, concerns, anything, I``d love to hear them... It``s been awhile since I got a letter from anyone, Ha. I miss you all! Pray for me and my companion, that we can be guided by the Spirit to the ones who are searching for the Truth!
E.Cuthbert 

No comments: