April 17, 2012

April 2, 2012


*There were several pictures Jordan sent, but they won't upload!*

Well. The unthinkeable happened. I`m being transfered. DA DA DAAAAAAAA. NOOOO!!! Wonderful, beautiful, home-away-from-home San Martìn!!! Well, it was bound to come sooner or later, just a little sooner than expected. E. Agazzani was saying goodbye to members all week, having them write in his journal and say their goodbyes, I didn`t. Haha. After Conference on Saturday night, E. Agazzani got the call for transfers. After the call, he asked me... Do you have your bags packed? A deep, sinking feeling shot down through my heart. Nooooo, I thought. I didn`t have ANYTHING prepared. Nothing. I`ve been waiting for those baptisms of Gaspar, Darìo, Miriam... So many others, but I won`t be able to see them. San Martìn, my area, is being whitewashed. It is obviously being done because the Elders coming into my area can and will do things that I could never do. At least that`s what happened with the Whitewash in Esquel with me and E. Sharp. So... Where is E. Cuthbert going? To the wonderful city of Comodoro Rivadavia!!! It`s in the provincia of Santa Cruz, much closer to the bottom of the world. It`s VERY windy there because they`re right on the coast. I heard it`s very cold too, but I don`t care! My new companion will be E. Wagstaff from S.L.C, Ut. This is his 4th month in the mission, he`s still very new. I`m his second comp in the mission. I`m SUPER PUMPED AND EXCITED. Comodoro is known for giving people some of the best life-learning experiences in the entire mission. Bring it on. 

Saturday night was spent writing people, packing and preparing everything for the new Elders. I went to bed at 3am... What a night. I had to rapidly wash all of my clothes and begin throwing everything into suitcases. What an experience! The next morning I kept packing until I had everything ready. Then we went to a final lunch with Alberto and Evelina Di Stefano. They`re my favorites. Alberto has been such a fun friend of mine, and I will miss him and his family dearly. But not as much as I will be missing the converts... 

We got to the Sunday session of Gen. Conf. and I told Ramòn and Mirta that I was leaving. Ramòn started crying. I love him with all my heart. Mom... Mother, if you only knew the happiness I have felt with these people... If you knew the joy I have to serve them... My heart is swollen with joy as I think of all the wonderful people who I have had the priviledge to help. Mirta made me promise something. Mom, I beg you to do everything possible to help me make this promise true. She wants us in her Sealing in the Buenos Aires temple in March. I promised her I would do the best I can to be there for her Sealing with Ramòn for time and all Eternity. They are waiting till March till I finish the mission. I beg you to make whatever preparations or savings possible to be able to come down and pick me up from the mission, so that we can go together to Buenos Aires and watch this GORGEOUS family be sealed together. Don`t send me ANYTHING. I don`t need it. I ask for this now... It`s something huge to ask for, I know. But there would be nothing more beautiful to see, for you and me, than to see them make those sacred covenants. She made me promise. She`ll kill me if I don`t keep my promise ;) Ha. Please. 

Darìo, when I told him that I was leaving, he said: NOO! I wanted you to baptize me! A swell of pride and love for this wonderful, faithful Son of God rushed over me as I looked him in the eye and said it didn`t matter who baptized him, just so long as he got baptized. I love that family. Two converts with another on the way after his wedding on the 13th of this month. What miracles the Lord has blessed us with... Incredible. 

I have loved the people here, with all my heart. My six months here felt like a blink in the eye. I wasn`t able to say goodbye to a lot of people because of shortness of time, but I know that I will always remember them, as I hope they will do the same with me. The mission... It`s an experience that brings tears to my eyes. This area taught me so many things. It`s wonderful. I`m coming back some day. I leave today at 1 o`clock. Me and E. Lee from Junìn are going to be on a bus for about 25 hours!!! WOOOT!!! Hahaha, it`s going to be a long trip. I`ll tell you how it all is, with pictures next Monday. I love you all, and wish the best for you all. I`m doing great. Asado means Grilled meats. I bought a little mp4 player to play music, haha. Well... Have a wonderful week. E. Cuthbert is happy, excited, and ready to bring on a whole new level of what they call: Missionary Work. 

Amor, 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: