April 17, 2012

February 27, 2012

E. Agazzani and I have been a little better. We still need to work on a couple things. It`s like we`re both on a tight rope... With one wrong move, everything goes tumbling down... I have to be careful, patient, loving, Christlike... I can`t tell you how hard it is to really be like Christ. He was the perfect example of being...Well... PERFECT!!! No one but God could do that. It`s insane. 

Well, There was some really sad news here in the Great Mission of the Patagonia. Elder Syddall, one of my good friends from Esquel, was knifed in the neck last Sunday. He is in Roca, close to Neuquèn. A guy who always bugged the missionaries, throwing rocks at them and sometimes, rotten meat, went up to them acting like he was interested in the church. He began walking with them, they answered his questions and everything, just like a normal contact. When they were about 100 meters away from the church, the guy stopped looked at E. Syddall, then pulled out a knife from his pocket and, screaming "REPENT!" slashed him across the neck and face. He meant to kill him. He escaped and E. Syddall was carried to a members house then to the hospital where he was operated on right away. He`s alive. But he will carry a very nice memory of that encounter on his neck and face for the rest of his life. It will be a scar that goes from the middle of his neck all the way to the corner of his mouth. About 5-6 inches. Scary? A little bit. I was reminded though about a sentence in my Patriachal Blessing that says that in my mission, The Angels of the Lord will protect me. I believe that. 

I`m really excited for this transfer. It`s going to be a good one. We have the dad and big sister of Daniza and Zahida that we`re working on. They will get baptized, The dad and mom of Daniza and Zahida will be married and will complete their family... Eternally!!! Fabiana has her son Lautaro who is 10 who will hopefully get baptized this Saturday. He`s a rascal and is always running around, not making it on time for the apts, we have with him and his mom. Also his big sister has shown some interest. We met an inactive family that has three daughters that aren`t baptized. They all will enter the waters of baptism. A family that came to a baptism and wants to be baptized needs to be married, and then they can enter the waters of baptism. Mirta and Ramón and Roberto Gori and their families (All my converts, I`m SO proud of them!!!!) are sharing with families and have set up appts with us to meet them. They`re doing Missionary Work!!! So strong and faithful, they are. I love San Martìn with all my heart. It`s an incredible place. This week I`ve been reading a lot of the Book of Mormon, and I never get tired of reading. I need to work out more... Oh! That reminds me of an experience we had yesterday.. 

We had lunch yesterday with the Branch President and Flia. Calderòn. I don`t know how we got on the topic, but we started to talk about working out and stuff like that. the President, Presidente Di Stefano looks at me and says "Let`s do it.". He`s such a little guy, he`s a skinny stick of a man. He says, we`re going to do push ups. Whatever amount you do, I`ll do 5 more. I said: "Vamos, Che!!" Let`s go, Dude! We get down and start doing push ups. He was talking smack the entire time. We got to 55 and started slowing down, the both of us. I stopped for a second in the Upward dog position, and he thought I was done, I then began pumping out push ups again. We were both dying, pushing as hard as we could. In the end... He didn`t beat me. We did the same amount, about 65. Not a lot. I need to work harder. But he wasn`t finished... He then wanted to do a contest of one handed pull ups. There`s no pull up bar in a church??!! He said, Oh, yes there is. We went outside and he went to the antennae. It`s a big tower and at the top is the antennae, to get to the top is a metal ladder, but you need a step ladder to get up to it, it`s about 15 ft. above the ground. He got a ladder out and climbed up and began his one armed pull ups. He did 12. We had about 20 members, all the missionaries and the little kids watching and cheering. Then it was my turn. The missionaries, E. Campos and Arenas (Both from the U.S. ) were yelling at me, REPRESENT! REPRESENT!!! I began doing pull ups. I past 12 easily and got to 16 before asking for the ladder. I beat him fair and square!!! It was very fun. But I need to work out more... A lot more. 

Well, I just want to throw out a big thank you to everyone who continually supports me... I`m about to complete a year in the mission... And it`s gone by so fast. So incredibly fast. I have many goals and things to accomplish in this next year, and it`s so scary to already see the finish line in the distance. A year of work... Incredible. I love you all. I miss you all, but I miss the work more! Gotta go out and teach! 

Amor, 

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: