April 17, 2012

March 5, 2012

*I can't believe Jordan's irreverent behavior!  I apologize!! - Melanie*

First of all, Monday night we got a call from the Mish pres. and he told us that E. Campos is being emergency transfered to Allen, Roca (Where E. Syddall was slashed) and E. Syddall was coming here. Hahahaha! I was really sad, actually. E. Campos is someone that I will be hanging out with when I get back. He has been such a good friend, just like E. Barton was back in Esquel, but anyway, he left on Wednesday. So I`ll be able to see E. Syddall again and get the full story from him. He was awesome in Esquel, poor kid. He`s now having studies done on his face because one of his neck muscles was severed and his saliva gland was also destroyed. I love this mission. :) COOL things happen. (You can totally tell that I`m still a boy at heart... ;)) 

Dad, we don`t carry out Passports hardly at all. The majority of the time, they`re stuck in a safe in the mission home in Neuquèn. We have to become Argentine citizens, or at least have an Argentine license, and that`s what we use to be legal. I was given my passport because I need to renew my Visa to be in the country, that means trips to Bariloche!!! 

Lautaro was not baptized with all that happened this week. I was in my area for a good... Three days, nada màs. He will be, soon. He`s a ten year old with a lot of energy that doesn`t like to be cooped up in the house listening to the boring, old misioneros... ;) I`m so jealous that you`re all going down to Moab and Jordan`s running the marathon there and then you`re going to the Fiery Furnace! SEND ME PICTURES OF MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. I WANT TO SEE you guys!!!! I miss that stuff, ha, but I only have one more year so... It`s already coming to a close. :( NOOOOOO!!!!!

We are going to be doing something HUGE for my year anniversary, and E. Agazzani`s end of the mission. HUGE. We`re talking roasting a stinkin` lamb on a big cross over a bed of stinkin` coals!!! THAT`s WHAT I`M talking about!! That`s Argentina. :)I`ll send you pictures with my NEW CAMERA! It got here!! WOOT!! So happy about it. Well, I don`t really know, I haven`t turned it on or anything, but I will be playing with it tonight. Thank you so much, Mom. 

My Eccos are holding up FINE. They`re full of magic, I think. Seriously. I have walked, probably... GAJILLIONS of miles, and they`re still goin. They`re starting to pull away in a couple places but I can take them to be repaired really quickly, don`t worry about that. You`ve sent me too much stuff anyway. Are you sure Jared turns 18 this year? Doesn`t he turn 15 or something? There`s NO WAY he`s turning that age. No. Way. My little brother isn`t so little anymore! I love you Jared. 

Now, we were in Zapala for 3 days, well me and another Elder. Like I said, we needed to renew our Visas, and we had to do the first step in Zapala in the police station doing thumb prints and going to the bank and paying a lot of money and crap like that. So we weren`t in San Martìn for awhile. But last Monday, I went on Divisions in my area with E. Davis, an Elder with 6 months, NO Spanish and from Gunnison, Utah. He can`t speak at all, but it was with him that we had a lesson so spiritual... It was like it was from the movies. Darìo is the dad of Daniza and Zahida who got baptized. We went to their house, and I wanted him to accept a date to be baptized, and to get married, because they`re not married. So in the beginning I began talking about Eternal Families. They want it. I asked him what he would need to do to be able to have that Eternal Family. I was hoping he would say baptism... He didn`t. He said Marriage. EVEN BETTER!!! The majority of the time, marriage is harder to get people to do than baptism, so I was so happy that he recognized the need to be baptized. So we spoke about marriage for awhile, then I wanted him to accept a baptismal date, so we spoke about that and he said: "You know, I`ve been thinking a lot about what you guys have been telling me these last few days, and.. I want to get baptized." BING! SCORE! GOAL!! Then, I said: "Darío, y Viviana (the name of the mom) Heavenly Father wants you to keep all the commandments before you get baptized. One of those commandments is marriage. Viviana, do you want to get married to Darìo?" She said: "I`ve ALWAYS wanted to!!" And she burst into tears. Darìo held out his hand (They were in separate couches) And she reached out and latched onto his. Then I asked Darìo the same question. He said, "Yes, I do." At that point, they were both crying, the Spirit was so strong... Viviana launched herself into the arms of Darìo and they began crying together, just holding on to each other. It was a beautiful moment, and I am a LUCKY man to be apart of that moment. We set everything up, and they will be married and baptized in the coming weeks. I am so happy, Mom, I am happy. I see miracles every day. I love the mission. I love this work. I love my Lord and Savior. I love my life. 

Just the other day, we did service, then had the whole rack of ribs of a goat and a giant rump from a cow. Fresh. I love Argentina. I LOVE this people. Kolt knows exactly what I`m talking about. The people here are so loving and incredible. The culture is amazing... The land is beautiful. I`m in love, and I`m already halfway through... :( 

I want you to know that I love you. I`ll be taking more pictures of beautiful San Martìn, baptisms and everything else. When E. Agazzani leaves, I`ll be receiving much more responsibility, from what the President told me in our interview in Zapala. He looked me in the eye and said, E. Cuthbert... You`re good. Baptizing almost every single week. I know you`re anxious to not be junior comp. And that time is coming much sooner than you know it. Your mission is still young. 

The mission... It`s a once in a life time experience. I`m working on more love, patience and humility than ever before. I love you all. So Much. 

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: