April 17, 2012

April 9, 2012


*There was another picture Jordan sent in this email that wouldn't upload :(*

So, I`m at the bottom of the world in Comodoro Rivadavia, and to tell you the truth, I LOVE IT! It`s SO Awesome!!! My area is right next to the beach, so I can always see a little bit of ocean. It makes me happy. The bus ride was, long. SO long! 26 hours! But whatever, it was fun because I had E. Lee from Junìn de los Andes next to me the entire time. It was a very fun experience. When we finally got to Comodoro, and I saw my comp, I was SO HAPPY!!! He graduated in 2011, he`s 19, this is his fourth month in Argentina, his Spanish is surprisingly good for only being out 3 months... But not as good as mine was... ;) Nah, Just kidding! It`s probably better! Anyway, I found out that he`s a RAPPER!!! NO WAY!! A Rapper?!! He has about three CD`s of his raps, and his Rap name is Rufio. We`ve got along perfectly. We love the companionship, and we even have the same hoodie!! ;) Hahaha!!!
 
So we found an investigator that wants to be baptized. We didn`t even invite her, we went to her house and she said, Hey, I`ve fixed a bunch of problems that I had in my life before, and I want to be baptized. That was outside of her door when she told us. I looked at E. Wagstaff, and then looked back at her and said. "Can we come in and talk?" HAHAHAHAHA! As you can tell, I perked up very nicely and my baptism senses were screaming and ringing every bell. Her name`s Ximena. She didn`t come to church yesterday, so we`re going to help her come to church, then she`ll get baptized. Probably the 21st of this month.
 
So the other elders in the district had a baptism on Saturday, so we went and sang a musical number for the service. I played the piano... And it was a good thing I did. It was Horrible. E. Lee was the only one that knew how to sing. His companion on the other hand....... From Bolivia, let`s just say that his number one hobby before the mission was not singing in the choir. Dani, if you had heard us, your ears would have been bleeding. I started laughing at the piano while playing because it sounded so bad. They sung When there`s love at home. They couldn`t even reach the high note at the last part of the song, they just... Stopped singing when they came to that part, it was TERRIBLE, but it was a very fun experience for all of us and we laughed it off.  There`s a lot of couples here that are married, but the spouse is not baptized, so we`ve got some work to do. I love this area. I love Comodoro. I`m going to love it here.
 
I missed Easter, not being with you guys. I was amazed to realize that I`ll be home in a years time. Weird, and I don`t want to do it. I`m just so excited for when you come down to pick me up! We`ll rent a car and visit San Martìn de los Andes... Then we`ll go to Buenos Aires and see Mirta and Ramòn get sealed for time and all eternity. I love you so much for doing this sacrifice for me. I will owe you and be in your debt for a long time. I love you so much. Say hi to the family for me!!!! :) :) :)
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: