April 17, 2012

March 19, 2012




So, I´ve got a lot of stuff to say, I apologize again for the short letter last week. I promise that this week will be much better.
 
So... WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!! It wasn´t of Darío, so I´ll hurry and explain the baptism, and then talk about Darío.
It was Lautaro! The little 10 yr. old stud did it. It was such an incredible experience for me. I wasn´t able to visit him almost the entire week, I´ve been so busy with... I don´t even know what. I can´t even remember what happened during this week, it flew by... But don´t worry, I wrote everything down that I wanted to say. So Lautaro got baptized on Sunday. We got there in the morning, and saw him with his mom, Fabiana come into the church with Flia. Calderón, who has been the supportive family for all of this. He went and did what 10 yr. olds do... Play. Haha, Fabiana had an incredible time at church, she bore her testimony during our Gospel Principles class, about how before we arrived at her house, she thought that religion was the best way to kill the faith in God. Her words. And then she explained how what we had taught her and Lautaro about God, the Plan of Salvation, that there is hope... It gave her hope to keep going on and fighting for the family. I almost had tears in my eyes. But then after the Sacrament meeting, we got everything ready, then took pictures with Lautaro and Martín Calderon in Baptism White, Babay!!! The first time he was baptized, he didn´t go all the way under, so they did it again. Right when he surfaced the second time, he exclaimed: "Can I do it again??!" Hahaha! Everyone started laughing, we took a couple more pictures then went upstairs to wait for them to change. We asked Fabiana to bear her testimony... And she did it. While she was talking... I realized how happy I felt. I was watching a single mother who had decided to follow Christ, bear testimony and witness to the entire branch that what her son did was true. The CHANGE... The absolute, CHANGE in their lives was unbelievable. She began to cry, and then during the final hymn, she cried as well. I thought to myself... Think about how happy you are now, and then think about how happy you will be when you´re taken up into the presence of God, and  every single person you helped will run up to you and embrace you for helping them follow Christ and form their Eternal Family... Eternal Bliss as it is called in Alma 37... I thought of that and was almost brought to tears for the amount of happiness I felt was almost un bearable. I know that I am HAPPY. I LOVE my life here in Argentina. I LOVE serving the people. These experiences are unlike any other. Jared, Brady, Bryson, Tate, Mitchel, Scott, EVERYONE that has not served a mission and will have the chance someday... DO IT.
 
So on Tuesday I was on divisions with one of our Zone Leaders, E. Herbert (Lloyd Chase Herbert for Kass who might know him, he went to Alta as well, played football.) He was sharing with me how E. Aidukitis (from the Seventy) had told them about a challenge they had had to see who could get into a house with the least amount of words. He had done it in one - Pasamos? So I said, I want to try! The next house we knocked, I said, Pasamos para hablar con Ustedes? It wasn´t one, it was five, but it was still almost nothing... An 18 yr. old named Gaspar answered us and... LET US IN! E. Herbert had to muffle his laughter at seeing me do it on the first one I tried, it was hilarious. Gaspar is VERY curious about the church, and wants to know if it´s true. He´s an awesome investigator. Flia. Alogostine, another family that we found recently, the story behind them was this:  We were walking to an investigators house, and I saw the family outside their house sharing Máte. I had the biggest urge to go and talk to them, but I didn´t listen to that prompting... FIRST MISTAKE. After finding out that the investigator wasn´t home, we returned down the road and when we were walking past the house, I got the urge again, at the last second, I turned around and said: Hola!! The wife, Jorgelina, said: Pasen!! It was then that I got into a house on 1 word. :) They are a family of five, with 3 boys, all above the age of 8. They have a lot of questions, and are an incredible family.
 
E. Herbert that night during planning told me thank you for helping him out, I had helped him find his "Inner Osadoness". Which means his Inner Boldness, but in Spanglish. Hahaha! I have realized that I am very bold with people... Haha.
 
So on Friday, I was doing divisions in Junín de los Andes with E. Davis, an awesome Elder from Gunnison, Utah with 6 months in the mission. We were having a hard time finding someone to teach in the morning, so as we started on the way to another investigators house, I said: Alright, if you receive any kind of prompting to talk to a person, or knock a house... Listen to it, I´ll do the same."  We kept walking, 10 seconds later, I saw a brick house on the right side of the road. "Have you ever knocked this house?" I said. I walked up to the house and knocked. A girl named María came out and I introduced ourselves, and then she let us in! I looked at E. Davis as she led us in, and winked. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! He had a hard time holding in the laughter and amazement. It was a very cool experience. The Lord really does guide us, even when we don´t realize it. We are his servants, He knows where we need to go, and in one way or another, we always end up where He needs us to be.
 
We´ve been working on a 200 meter ditch for a member who needs to throw in a water pipe. He and his family always give us Asado for lunch afterwards... This Saturday was She-Deer.... MMMMMMMMMMM. SO GOOD.!!! Anyway, Darío is fighting to receive a paper from the province that states that he´s divorced. He told us that the date for the wedding should be in the first week of April, so he will be baptized then. I love him, he´s so awesome, and has so much faith.
 
Well, I am officially in love with San Martín. Don´t make me leave!!! We´ve got transfers coming up on the 2nd of April, E. Agazzani is going home, he´s fine btw, happy, working, the ring fits perfectly. :) He says thank you. GRACIAS! I loved that quote btw.
 
Anyways, until next Monday, We´re fighting for a baptism on Conference weekend, pray for us that we find someone prepared!
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: