July 13, 2016

August 20, 2012

Hola, Familia!!! :) Oh how much I love you guys and love to hear how you`re doing!! Pretty jealous about your hike in Zions... I love that place so much. I`m pretty sure I went on that hike when I was in the Teachers quorum in our other ward... I remember that we needed to put on wet suits and swim through the most cold water of my life! Anyway, I`m happy that you had a fun time there. When we get home from Argentina, that summer we`ll have to go down and do some family hikes, obviously! :) 

So... MARTA AND JORGE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!!! We had a lesson with them last Thursday, and we spoke about the Law of Chastity. Before hand, they thought that they had to get baptized before they could get married! So we cleared that mess up and we are hopefully going to have the marriage in the 2nd week of September... The 12th or 13th or 14th... Transfers are the 17th of September, so if we can get them baptized on the 15th... What a blessing that will be. I haven`t once left an area without seeing my golden families get baptized... So I hope and pray to God and am fasting that I will be able to see them get married and baptized! 
Jorge accompanied us to a lesson and testified to Marcelo, the guy who is trying to stop smoking and drinking. Jorge stopped drinking as well, and he had such a testimony about how it has helped him and how he and his family are a lot happier because of the Gospel. He is becoming a very strong person. I love them so much. Marta is reading a lot of the Book of Mormon, and she loves it. We had a dinner with them last week, and she made this DELICIOUS rolled up chicken and ham thing that was out of this world. Anyway, that`s the situation with them. They will get baptized. 

Wednesday was spent... In the pench. All day. Why? Because the door lock BROKE. So we were stuck with an open door that couldn`t even be closed. Argentina isn`t the place to leave a door open if you aren`t there... So we had to wait there ALL day while the members who live in front went to Centro in Comodoro to buy a new lock, everything was closed because of the siesta, so that delayed everything. We left the pench at 7pm that night... What a day. Well, I read a lot of Doctrine of Salvation, three volumes written by Joseph Fielding Smith that talks about EVERYTHING in the Gospel. Awesome stuff. 

We went again yesterday to Juan, the guy in the hospital that is in the wheel chair. We`re going to see if we can`t baptize him. The 15th will be a baptizing day of many people. We have the Stake Conference next week, and the week after that is the Re-Dedication of the B.A. Temple!!! I`m SO excited to see that giant temple be rededicated! It`s going to be a very special experience. 

We`re fighting with Marcelo to stop drinking and smoking. He`s trying, but the nerves he has and the situation with his family is killing him. He has a baptism date for this next Saturday. But I don`t know if he`s going to make it. 

I love you all so much. You guys are wonderful.  Pray for me that I can become everything that my Heavenly Father wants me to be. I pray to know what more I can do every day. I want to become a well oiled machine. A Spiritual, Well-oiled, devil fighting-machine... ;) Hahahahaha! 
I love you all, 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: