July 13, 2016

February 18, 2013

You guys will not believe what has happened... HOLY COW!!! HAHAHA! You don`t know HOW EXTREMELY HAPPY I AM!!!  First of all, Happy Valentine`s Day! We celebrated the birthday of Enzo, the boy who we baptized my first week here, he had his birthday on the 14th as well! So we had pizza and birthday cake with the family, it was awesome! Anyway... I want to share the happy news!!!

The "Father" of the "Son" just got another "Son"! HA!" Do you understand? Do you get it? I`m TRAINING AGAIN!!! I have two companions, both of them new! E. Lozada, from Peru, obviously, and my new "Son", is named E. Child, from Alaska! WWOOOOHOOOOO!! Can you believe it? What a change of plans for my last three weeks! I am training two missionaries, one from Peru, and one from the United States. What a blessing, what a challenge, and what a humbling experience. I am super happy. 

On Tuesday night, my Zone Leaders called me up and told me - "Elder, you`d better sit down, because the news we have for you is going to make you limp..." Haha. I sat down, and they said, Elder Cuthbert, you`re training again." I was dumbfounded. I didn`t know what to say. ""WHA??" Haha! What happened was that Elder Child, with a few other Elders had their call to come to Neuquèn, Argentina, but their Visas were taking forever to reach them, so they were working in the MTC as Internet Missionaries, missonaries who spend the majority of their day on the computer, chatting with people on Mormon.org, facebook, Skype, and things like that! He was there for 5 and a half months! He finally got the Visa, and when he arrived here, the President assigned him to me. I was so happy. His Spanish is pretty good, because he got 5 months of practice in the MTC, obviously, it needs work, but at least I don`t have to spend all my time trying to teach him Spanish when we could be spending that time to teach people and baptize. I`m not here to waste a single second! We`re here to baptize! So, we`re now in a trio. The ward loves it, and we love it too. It was pretty hard in the first lesson, because every one of us wanted to say stuff, and share his testimony and speak about everything, so we ended up teaching for an hour and a half! I pulled them aside afterwards and said, "Look, we can`t do that! Haha, we need to learn to be a companionship, we`re a team. We need to say short, powerful statements, and turn the teaching over to our companion, so that all can speak, but also so the influence of the spirit isn`t hindered... And now we`re a very good trio! So yeah, what a change of plans! Que tal, eh!!! I`m REALLY sorry, for some reason, every cyber we go to to write you guys, none of the computers recognize our cameras, so I can`t send you a picture of our awesome trio. Oh well, when I get home! Haha. 

Baptize, baptize, baptize... That`s all that`s on my mind. Well... I lied. Not really. What I`m more worried about are my two "sons". Haha. I want them to become BOMB missionaries. I want them to become Assistants, Zone Leaders, Mission Presidents... Haha! I want them to become TRUE Celestial Missionaries. So, I have a big task ahead of me. I know that as we focus on baptizing, we will grow closer, as three best friends, tied between countries (and even those that live in the same country, tied between a VERY BIG DISTANCE) Ha, we`ll become baptizing machines! We`ve put quite a few baptismal dates for my last week here. I pray and beg that we will baptize. POR FAVOR!!! 

Anyway, Have a wonderful week. Mom... I can`t believe I`m going to see your face in 3 weeks. I can`t believe it. 

I love you all, have a wonderful week... I will see you all very soon! 

E. Cuthbert 

No comments: