July 13, 2016

July 9, 2012

Know that my family is my pride and joy. I love you all so much. Don`t think I`ve forgotten about you and Jordan, Melyn! I love you, too! (Even though you don`t write me like you promised... ahem, ahem... ;)) Hahaha! 

So Marta and Jorge are doing fantastic! They had gone to church last week, and the next time we went over was Thursday night with Alan Krebs, our ward mission leader and good friend of mine. We kind of drilled baptism and marriage... I asked them how they felt about the church and the BoM, if they thought itwas all true. Their answer was beautiful. They both said... Yes, I believe that everything you guys have taught us and are teaching us is true. I believe it with all my heart. The Book of Mormon is true, and we know the church is true. We feel so good there. What a wonderful answer!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, they still haven`t made any wedding preparations... They want to be sure of the ir feelings and their answers before they make a concrete decision, which is good I guess... Haha! OBviously it`s better than them just jumping into the water without putting their foot in to make sure it was warm enough. Sometimes, people get baptized so soon, that they forget to get converted and somewhere down the road... Lose their way.

Anyway, so they came to church yesterday, and we taught them about the Sacrament. One of the things that has been bothering Marta was the fact that after being baptized, she would have to be PERFECT. She was worried that failing God would make her even MORE condemned and all of those worries and stuff. We explained that the Sacrament is like a mini baptism! That every week we have the opportunity to be clean of all our sins, she took that and began beaming... I asked her to say the closing prayer, and in it... She declared to God that she was so grateful for having listened to the lesson because it was something that help her step closer to being baptized. Those were her words. WOW!!! They loved it all. We are going over tonight for Family Night to watch the Testaments with them and eat pizza or something like that... 

E. Healey is doing well! We actually get along great! Personalities are really different, but I`ve learned to love anyone... (just about anyone) ;) And We are doing well together, happy and working well. His castellano needs work, obviously... But he gets better every day. He`s from Alpine, Utah. He comes from a family of 7. Really good kid. Really happy and willing to work all the time. It`s good motivation for me to always do my best and set that good example that will mirror how he will be for the rest of his mission. 

Anyway, I have to go... I still have to write the new president who we will meet tomorrow in the morning. I love you so much, Mom, Jared, Dad, Melyn. Family and friends, I love you all as well. The Gospel is true. Marta and Jorge know it. Their family loves the church and we are having so many spiritual experiences with them. When people are open and willing to the Gospel... Miracles happen! It`s wonderful. Anyway, Until next week! 

Amor, 
E. Cuthbert 

No comments: