July 13, 2016

September 17, 2012

Well, well, well!  We`ve had a very crazy week. Cristian got baptized! Woot! I`ll have to send the pictures next week, I`m short on time, because I`m being TRANSFERED! NOooo!!! Ha, oh well, not much I can do about it.  Anyway, Cristians baptism was a success, his mother loved it. She was so happy, and began crying. There was one hilarious mishap, though. One of the Elders who was in charge of filling the baptismal font, forgot to turn off the water. No one thought anything of it, and when E. Healey and Cristian got into the water.... WATER STARTED OVER FLOWING INTO THE RELIEF SOCIETY ROOM!!! Hahaha! I was like... WHAT IS HAPPENING! So we ran and got buckets and mops and began mopping and bailing water from the font... Then E. Healey baptized Cristian and FORGOT TO SAY AMEN!!! Hahahahahahahahah! We had been practicing earlier that day, and  every time he would say the prayer, he wouldn`t say amen, so I said, make sure you say amen as well. Well, he didn`t say it, and the water was FREEZING! So when he was told he had to do it again, and began the baptismal  prayer, Cristian was screaming, No, NO, NO!!! HAHAHA! But after that, the baptism was a success. HURRAY!
 
Yes, we found out Saturday night that I`m leaving, to a familiar place. Haha, I`m now Zone Leader in Zapala, and SAN MARTIN DE LOS ANDES is in my zone!! I will be able to do divisions in my old area, and see all my converts! What a blessing! I have been very humbled these last two days, and they honestly are probably the first two nights in my mission where I haven`t slept well. I`ve been thinking about how I`m going to be the example for so many elders in that zone, and how I need to really step up my responsibility and game in being a missionary of Christ. I`m pretty excited, nervous, and happy. `My new comp is Elder Marriot, if you remember, he was my companion in the MTC for 3 days!!  He, Elder Wible and I were together in the beginning, and then we got separated, but now we`re being put back together again! It`s going to be a great experience. Zapala is really ugly. It`s just a desert area, flat, without anything... Haha! I remember one day when we were going through there, I said I hope I never come here! Ha!  Well, I`ll be there! I will update you all next week with how everything is going as Zone Leader.
 
Marta and Jorge are doing well. They`ve committed to the 13th of October, hopefully Marta went and scheduled the marriage date with the lawyers... But today, they`re going to make me a goodbye present... A FULL lamb! We`re going to have an entire lamb asado in just about an hour, and I am SO excited! I have been packing, and getting everything ready... I`m going to miss this place. I only had two baptisms here, but I remember something that my Mish pres. told me a long time ago. Leave your area much better than when you found it. Well, I`ve done that. We have 10 potential baptisms, so I hope and believe that E. Healey, My Son, will be baptizing a ton down here with his new latino comp. He`s not going to be able to speak english at all!!! Hahaha!


I want you all to know that I love you guys. I love you so much. I`m heading into the 4th, and final area. Hard to think that. So weird. But I love you all, and I will talk to you next week.
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: