July 13, 2016

November 12, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOTHA!!! I love you so much! It´s been 45 yrs. since the world said hello to the most wonderful Mother that ever existed! I´m so happy that you and Dad had a good one! That you got your motorcycle license, and that things are going so well! It´s awesome that things are so good for your birthday! I´m very happy for you. I can´t believe it´s November... Right now, you guys should be seeing snow, no? Be careful on that scooter! Down here, it´s nothing but HEAT! It´s getting pretty hot, but we´re loving it! I don´t have all the time in the world to sweat in a shirt and tie... So I´d better enjoy the time while it lasts! Haha!
 
Well... Mom, didn´t you hear from the mission home about the change? I don´t get released on the 4th... I´m getting released on the 11th! The MTC in Provo is going to be making a change in the schedule of missionaries... Those going to foreign speaking missions will be in the MTC for 6 weeks instead of 9 to make up a little bit for the huge increase in missionaries, and to compensate, in March conveniently the transfer where they´re going to make the change so the MTC and the mission is on the same transfer schedule, they´ve increased my mission by one more week to make up for the time. So.... CHANGE YOUR PLANE TICKET!!! Haha, you need to, NO MATTER WHAT, contact the mission office to find all this stuff out. Everything that you just explained will happen, will now be happening on Monday the 11th, and NOT the 4th. So, when you change your plane ticket, change it for Sunday! That way you get to Neuquén on Monday morning, and we´re together the whole day! I hope and pray that you can change your ticket without any problems... This has also happened to the parents of E. Marriott.. Anyway... Contact the travel agent so she´s aware of everything. Sorry this happened... Dang Prophet!!! ;) Just kidding, I didn´t say that... Haha. :P So, yeah. I´m going to serve for two years and a week! OH BABAY, YEAH! Change that plane ticket for the 10th of March, and from there, we can buy tickets for Ushuaia and everything else. Any updates on Iguazú? Anyway, I´m done talking about this!
 
I heard about Obama... Ha, I don´t really care, because I´m not in the country, and right now... I´m nothing more than a Servant of Christ. One day, soon, the Kingdom of God will come forth, ushered in by the Second Coming... And then the governments will all be under the direction and rule of Christ! YES!  - - Tell Buppi to take care of himself... Tell him he can´t kick the bucket till I get home! I love you so much, Buppi! You´ve always been such a good grandpa. I say that as well to Omi, and Gma and Gpa! I love you all so much! Oh! I thought of something you guys can send me for Christmas... I don´t have any jeans. In San Martín, mine ripped, BAD, so I don´t have anything for when you come down, Mom. So if someone could send me some jeans and chapstick for Christmas, that would be GREAT! That way, when we´re touring the beautiful Argentina, I´m actually wearing something! Haha.
 
Jared, it´s awesome that your car is doing so well... Don´t sell it before I get home, I´ll kill you if you do. But remember, are you paying as much attention to your spiritual welfare as much as the welfare of your car? Don´t forget about yourself in the midst of doing other things! How´s the scripture reading and praying going? Are you preparing for a mission? Prepare yourself for a Patriachal Blessing! Pray about going on the mission! I promise you, that it is the best thing that you could possibly do for your life.
 
Well as of right now, we´re looking at 5 baptisms for the 24th of November and the 1st of December! WHOOOO!!!!! We´ve been working super hard, and the success is showing. Leticia is a FIRE BALL!!! She´s gone to church now for an entire month, We´ve had lessons in the house of the Flia. Salazar, she has a testimony of the BoM, she loves the Plan of Salvation, her daughter and brother will be baptized as well, her mom, in a week or two after that... What a wonderful family! We still haven´t met the husband, but we will, hopefully today in the Family Home Evening we have. We´re going to make Chipas! DO YOU KNOW WHAT CHIPAS ARE???!!! You remember the cheese balls from Tucanos??? IT´s THOSE!!! I didn´t realize that the cheese ball exists in Argentina until NOW??!! No puede SER!!! We made them on Monday, last week. They´re a food really common in Misiones, where E. Irala is from. So basically, I´m making Chipas every single week from here on to the end of my mission. ´Nuff said.
 
Leticia is doing wonderfully well. She loves the church, she knows the Bishop, she and her family have come every week... Things are going perfectly. Now, Mariana... I don´t know if I told you guys about Mariana last week or not. She was a reference from the sister missionaries here in Zapala. She has cancer, her life has been terrible, and she´s fighting to stay alive and follow Christ. When we spoke with her for the first time two weeks ago, we put a baptismal date with her right there in the door. She had accepted it with HUGE excitement. She´s never been baptized, and she is EXCITED. She went to church yesterday, talking with EVERYONE, telling them, Hi, I´m Sister Mariana... And I´m going to be baptized on the 24th. Leticia has also said in public that she´s going to be baptized... They´re both rocks! So that´s two baptisms, we´re going to baptize Daina, the daughter of Leticia with them on the 24th. Later on, Gustavo, the son of Mariana and Angelo, the little brother of Leticia will follow, later followed by the mom of Leticia... 6! 4 more for the goal!
 
Anyway, life as a missionary is BALLIN´! I love it so much, and I don´t want to leave! So LUCKY to have another week in the Lords work. Thank you so much you guys for your support, the love and everything you guys do for me. Thank you for EVERYTHING. As for me, I´m just content, doing the Lords Work, watching miracles take place every day of my mission. It´s hot, I´m sweating, I guess that means we´ll just have to baptize more to stay in the cool water more! ;) Haha! Thank you, I love you, Happy Birthday Mom!
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: