July 13, 2016

September 3, 2012

What a week... What an incredible week. Such a flippin` roller coaster of about EVERYTHING. I`m tellin` ya... Bein` a missionary, you NEVER get bored! We have been SO preoccupied with about a BILLION things. Mostly because we are shooting for 7 baptisms by the end of the transfer, which is the 17th of September. I am almost sure I`m headed out of Comodoro on that day, so we`ve been working as hard as we can to get these baptism people dunked! It`s been a wonderful week, we`ve grown closer to our Heavenly Father, closer to each other, we`ve felt the Spirit very strongly, we`ve seen many miracles, and we know that the Lord is on our side and that He is aware of us and our situation. We also know that on the other side, Satan is trying DESPERATELY to destroy families.... Before I enter the Celestial Kingdom, I`m going to give Satan a good `ol upper cut to the jaw, then kick him into Outer Darkness where he belongs. I. Don`t. Like. Satan.
 
Hahahahaha, I`m glad I feel so strongly about that.
 
Now, the week. What a week. Monday, we had an incredible lesson with Marta and Jorge. I agree with you, Mom. Marta isn`t putting her faith in Jesus Christ to help her to achieve all of this. She is trying to be too perfect. Anyway, they both had the doubt on Monday night about being able to follow the commandments, and be good members of the church. We were talking awhile, E. Healey and I had planned on sharing 1 nephi 3:7 about following the commandments, because God doesn`t give us the commandments we can`t follow. We shared that, and then Healey got edgy.. He started fidgeting, and I knew he wanted to say something. He said, I don`t know why, but I have to say something. And then he started bawling. He began to explain that his family doesn`t have a lot of money, that his grandpa is almost dead, his little brother needs his help to live correctly and righteously, and that quite frankly... He misses them to death, and wants to see them. He said that a year away from them is already a ton of time... But then, with all that being said, he said: But, the mission is a commandment, and although it`s killing me and it`s hard, I have to do it. Because I know I can, and my family will be better off because of it. I know that we receive commandments for a reason, and we receive no commandment from God, unless we can follow it. There was a stunned silence, and then it clicked in my head that this was the reason why I was with E. Healey... He was foreordained to testify of his situation of HIS family in that specific moment, with me by his side, with Marta and Jorge sitting in front of us. Pure revelation was given to Pres. Peterson when he put us two together. I know that now, and I believe it with all my heart. Jorge had his doubt blown out of the water. Marta began to see the light, and understand. We left that lesson in a stunned silence. We went home and I gave E. Healey a hug, I`m happy he`s my companion.  The lessons, experiences, and blessings, feelings and love that we gain in the mission is indescribable. I am SO grateful that I decided to serve a mission.
 
Cristian, the miracle boy who showed up to church one day, who was forbidden by his mother to be baptized beforehand, has been really excited. His mom had finally told him that he could be baptized if he wanted. There was a ward baptism on Tuesday, and we went over to invite them. The MOTHER CAME TO THE BAPTISM. Not only that, she had a good 15-20 minute talk with the bishop, in which she spoke about how much she loved her son and how she wants the best for him. We went by yesterday as well, and she has been very happy, seeing the difference in Cristian, and is excited for his baptism on the 15th. Miracles.
 
On Wednesday, we went to Trelew for a Zone Conference with E. Zeballos from the Seventy. GREAT day. We heard some incredible stuff, and although my rear end was DYING from sitting on that seat for 6 hours of straight lecture, I loved it. I saw E. Wagstaff, and E. SHARP! He leaves for home in 2 weeks... I can`t believe it. I was with him when he completed one year. NO WAY. On the way home, I got a wish granted... Harry Potter 7 Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting about 2 years to see the final half, but never got too, until 5ish days ago!!! WOOT! AWESOME ending to the movies! Good job whoever made it.
 
On Friday, we went to Marta and Jorge and told them very frankly and plainly that they`re ready. That there is no need to wait any longer. That they know. They said yes, they know that they need to be baptized. But, we need to get them married first, Oh fetch, what an ordeal it`s been. Marta has been worrying now about some property issues, inheritance issues for the girls, and things like that. She is worrying if Jorge is the man for her. We said a ton of stuff, but to sum up, we decided to do a FAST. We went over Saturday for lunch with them, after lunch, we started the fast, and Marta started it to be able to know if she needed to marry Jorge and do everything. We went over after Stake Conference on Sunday with them, and ended the fast, Marta wouldn`t speak. She had felt TERRIBLE during the entire fast. She felt anguish, sadness, uncertainty, distress... She didn`t understand. FETCHING SATAN!!!!! We explained that God does not give answers of grief, or bad feelings... Like it says in D&C 9, if it`s not correct, we will forget about the thing, and a stupor of thought will come over us, not bad feelings. Those come from the devil. I hate him so much. So we left, promising to go over a little later on when she had calmed down from crying so much. We left and began talking about it. We talked about Josephs First Vision, how he received an answer FIRST, from the Devil. Anyway,
 
Later on, we went by again and had the most Spiritual conversation of my life. We talked about many things, Marta had calmed down enough to be able to tell us about her doubts, she still doesn`t know if she`ll be able to do everything correctly. Gosh dang it. We shared many scriptures, we testified, she asked is it possible to do everything right? I told her, I promise it to you, in the name of Jesus Christ. I felt the Spirit SO strongly during this time. Then Jorge gave what was his testimony. He began crying, begging Marta to make the right decision. That they were making a good example for their children, that the property and inheritance issues wouldn`t be a problem, that everything was going to be alright, that he wanted to be with her forever, that he was ready and waiting to be baptized and married. He wants it SO BADLY. In the end, she didn`t give in. But with the promise to pray with him that night together and ask if they should do it.
 
Anyway, we`re on the edge of our seats now. I have to go, but I want you to know that EVERY pray and every fast that you guys can give in behalf of them... Will help. I love you all so much.
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: