July 13, 2016

November 19, 2012

I´m so happy you got to change your flight! Changing my flight was a cinch, I´m sure. And I´m SO happy that you´ll be getting there nice and early on Monday morning! :) You´re the best, Mom. I love you so much. Haha, did you like the call from E. Arenas? He´s such a good friend, I love him so much. I´m glad he gave you a contact for BA :) I don´t want anything else for Christmas. Anyone who was going to send me something... Just tell them to deposit the money in my savings account or something. I´ll need it for school supplies and stuff like that when I get back. Just a pair of 34/34 jeans for the trip. Don´t send me anything big or expensive. I´m close to the end, I don´t need anything from the States to spoil the joy of getting back to have those things again.
 
Well... We´re looking at 3 Baptisms this week!! WOOT! Leticia has been one of the EASIEST baptisms I´ve ever had, and it´s helped my testimony grow a TON on the importance of members. We taught her tithing last week, and she asked: Wouldn´t it be alright if I started paying my tithing BEFORE the baptism? Hahaha! YES! She asked us, How do you see my progress? How am I doing? We then had a short testimony meeting with her and the family of the Bishop Salazar (Our ward changed Bishops, and Brother Salazar is now Bishop Salazar! PERFECT!) and we all testified to her of her amazing progress, and the amount of happiness that we have in seeing her do what is right. She´s happy, it´s a locked in baptism. We already gave her invitations to invite people, and everything is going smoothly with her and her daughter.
 
Mariana has had SUCH A HARD LIFE. I don´t know if I told you guys about her cancer and all that, but enough said. She has a faith that stuns me. When we talked with her about smoking last week, she said: Alright, I know what I want to do. All my life I´ve wanted to get baptized, and give my all to Heavenly Father, and I´m not going to allow cigarettes to get in my way. She then gave us her pack of cigarettes that was FULL. She held strong for several days, and then yesterday... She smoked. She had been stressing about her family, her grandson who might die, and things like that. E. Irala was with her yesterday with another missionary doing divisions and they helped her through it, and she committed firmly to never smoking again. Her son, Gustavo, wants to get baptized on the 1st of December. Remember the Standard of Excellence? Well, E. Irala and I are going to achieve it this week, next week, and the week after that. I´ve gone through a big change in this last week. Thinking a lot about myself as a missionary, and the urgency that I have in becoming EVERYTHING that HF wants me to become. There is no reason why we shouldn´t baptize every single Saturday till the end of the transfer, all throughout December, and into January. We are rockin´ and rollin´!! Hopefully I don´t leave after the 8th of December, but... We´ll see. Heavenly Father has His will, His way. Always. So... yeah. I´m going to become the best missionary of the Mission Argentina Neuquén. Not in a boasting manner... I know that as it says in Alma 26, I am nothing, but when Christ helps me, I´m everything. For that reason - I am submitting myself completely to Him. To really become what He wants me to become. He´s going to put me through the Refiner´s Fire, and I shall come forth as gold, as it says in Job 23:10. 2 Samuel 22 something, says that with God, He can make our paths perfect, and make my arms to break a bow of steel... The Gospel is true. I love it. I love my Savior. Through His example, I can submit myself to His will, and become a true, Disciple of Christ. I love you all.
 
Melyn... You´re fat. HA, KIDDING!!! WOW! You´re really pregnant, you weren´t lying! ;) I love you so much, sista! Jared, how are you doing? Reading your scriptures every day? Saying your prayers? I love you, Bud.

Love,

E. Cuthbert

No comments: