July 13, 2016

Novermber 5, 2012

Yep, E. Marriott left, and I am now with E. Irala! What a wonderful companion! It´s been amazing, the time we´ve been together. We´re already seeing a ton of miracles, with people that we already knew, and people that we´ve found during this last week. I´m back to running around like I was with E. Slaugh. E. Slaugh was E. Irala´s second companion in the mission, when E. Slaugh left Esquel, he went up to Neuquén to be the second comp. of E. Irala. And you would never guess at who was the first comp of E. Irala... E. Rojas! Hahaha! We have two companions in common, and more than anything else in common, is our thirst to work and have baptisms. I don´t have a picture of the both of us, yet. Sorry! I have been really busy with a ton of stuff! But it´s been quite the adventure. E. Irala is from Misiones, the Providence of the Iguazú Falls! Ha, I can ask him how it is and if it´s worth going there. I´m positive that I will be leaving Zapala, because E. Irala has the same time as I do! He also goes home in March, which means that one of the two of us has to leave in a transfer or two. It´s almost sure that it will be me, because I have more time here, but you never know!
 
That´s interesting about what the Bishop said... Hmm. The Book of Mormon has many examples of persecution, and righteous people standing up for God. I love the example of Captain Moroni when in Alma 44:3 he said "Ye cannot destroy this our faith." SO COOL!!! Anyway, AGUANTE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ÚLTIMOS DÍAS!!! Oh, and how about a shout out to my boy, Mark Bethers and my girl Debra Lott!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! You guys are my favorite aunt and uncle... Don´t tell anyone... Shh!! ;) Haha, I´m sure Debra is just DYING with having one more year added on to her... What is it now? 26 years? Happy 27th bday! ;) I love you guys so much!
 
So, Leticia and family... WOOT! Another family!!! FOUND! We had our first lesson with Leticia on Tuesday, and it went really well. E. Irala and I teach well together. As of right now, she has a baptismal date for the 24th of this month. She has been reading the Book of Mormon, and she knows it´s true. The husband of the President of the Relief Society has the BEST conversion story EVER! And it was only after his conversion story, that she had the courage and faith to accept the baptism date. But she has a daughter named Daina who is 9 yrs. old. Leticia has a younger brother that is 8 yrs. old. Leticia´s mom, who has come every week to church as well, will be in the lesson on Tuesday, which leaves the Dad... He´s still pretty resistent. Leticia has invited him to go to church, but he stands firm on that he is a "catholic". But don´t worry, he´ll soften up soon. :) A family of FIVE!!! All with the age to be baptized!!! If we can just get the Dad baptized as well... It will be awesome. Leticia is a very good investigator, whatever we ask her to do, she does it. She reads the BoM, and prays, and does everything! It´s awesome. All of that waiting for the relationship to strengthen between her and the member family was worth it! :) WOOT"! Oh... And she´s MARRIED!!!! FINALLY!!  An Argentine couple that´s MARRIED!!! A MIRACLE!!! Haha! I´ve always had to fight to get these families married, and it takes so much time! But now, it´s just saturated concentration on the conversion of the family, and the need they have to be baptized. It´s awsesome.
 
So I went to San Martín on friday to do a baptismal interview, and there I saw Fabiana and Lautaro!!! I was SO happy to see them! I was grinning from ear to ear the entire day, knowing that they were ok. Fabiana hadn´t been going to church for awhile, but I gave her a good kick in the butt, and she´s going to go now. But she´s just the same wonderful Fabiana, I can´t wait for you to meet her, Mom. I also saw a few other converts of ours from the days of E. Calvache... Everyone remembered me! It was so awesome, I was so happy, all day.
 
Anyway, we are doing well here. Working extremeley hard, and loving the missionary work! We have seen the Lord´s hand in so many things during this last week, and I know that we will be baptizing many in the coming weeks. I hope you are all doing well at home, Jared, how are you doing? I love ya, Bud! How are the elections going? No one has told me anything? When do you find out who won? Anyway, Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Remember, I can help pay for food and anything else on the trip. I love you, again and again and again!
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: