July 13, 2016

October 15, 2012

Chris and Holden sent me pictures of the Gen. Conf. with you... I was SO jealous when I saw them. I can´t believe it, they´ve become your sons! And me? What am I??! Haha, just kidding, thank you for inviting them over, and I thank them SO MUCH for doing that... I have such wonderful friends and family.
 
Jared, HAPPY BDAY! Grandpa, HAPPY BDAY!!! Grandma and Grandpa, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! I can´t believe I missed all of that! Oh well... I´m sure you all partied well without me, ;) Now, Jared... I have some more counsel for you. Listen up. Start preparing to receive your Patriarchal Blessing. I know that you are struggling to figure out when you should go on a mission, or if you should do it. But I promise you, if you prepare for that blessing, when you will receive it, you will receive A TON of guidance as to when or IF you should serve a mission. Those blessings are sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise. They are very unique, in the sense that the things that are said, are written in Heaven. What is said in that blessing, WILL come to pass, in accord with the attention that we pay to their guidance and counsel. Please, prepare yourself. I want you to know, that HF is preparing you. But not only you, He is preparing OTHERS to hear inspired words of testimony from YOU, and no other. I know that. Mom said that you want to work a little bit before. Work? What for? Go to work for the Lord! And you will receive what money can´t buy. I´ll leave it at that.
 
We went to San Martín on Tuesday, and I had the priviledge to see E. Francis! It was good to see him. He is doing well, working hard to be a good example of Christ. I loved being in San Martín again. I got to say hi to only a few people, but we´ll be going back soon. Last Pday, we were evaluating our goal to baptize 5 people this transfer... We were thinking about the prices we would have to pay to do it, and we decided that we would have to sacrifice 2 hours of our pday to go and visit people. It was a little bit of a sacrifice, because we couldn´t do everything we needed to do, but it was such a joy, working hard to help others come unto Christ, teaching them the Restored Gospel. I loved it! Now, up until now... We´re still not pretty sure about if we´re going to baptize or not. It´s pretty frustrating. We´ve got so much faith, but sometimes... The people just don´t progress like they should! It´s making us freak! We´re constantly thinking about it, especially me - I´ve got a goal to baptize a ton of people before the missions end. This is a RACE. I´ve had a few track races in my life where I had regrets coming across the finish line. Not this time. This time, there must be NO REGRETS.
 
I was shocked to hear about the death of Haley Stonehocker. I ask that my love be sent to the family, Haley was such a wonderful person. We too, had our own shock of the week. I think I mentioned last week about how we found a girl who had cancer, or a tumor or something like that, didn´t I? We had taught her twice, and she wanted to come to General Conference. She got pneumonia that morning, so she couldn´t go. Her body was so frail and weak. We passed by on Sunday, and she was just sleeping, exhausted from not sleeping normally. She had accepted a baptismal date for this coming 27th of October. We were then tragically informed, on Tuesday, that she had passed away. We were stunned, and taken aback. Wha? María Laura is dead? We didn´t know what to think. Last night, we went by the house of their family, and we testified and gave comfort to the mother of María. We then, E. Marriott and I, sang Nearer My God to Thee - She was crying, and thanked us greatly for the song and the comfort that we´d given her. We couldn´t help but wonder WHY God had led us to María when all along, she was planned to be called Home. We then decided that it had to be because of the mother. Hopefully, she accepts to listen more and accept the invitation to be baptized. It´s been quite the week.
 
I´ve been meditating a lot and thinking about many things... How quick life is? We can´t hesitate, there´s no time to lose. We need to be follow Christ, I beg you all. Follow Christ, do what He wants you to do. If you love Him, keep His commandments - John 14:15.
 
I love you all, thank you so much for the prayers and the support. Happy Birthday, once again - Have a wonderful week. I am working hard, and will not stop until I cross that finish line in first place.
E. Cuthbert

No comments: