July 13, 2016

June 25, 2012

You bought a SCOOTER??! What is happening to my family right now?! So many things have changed! Hahahahaha, I love you guys so much! I can only imagine you guys scooting around on a scooter! Heh! What model and make is it? Is it FAST? Ha, Mom, EVERYONE rides scooters here. Ha, it`s so funny. The majority of all people have a scooter, because cars here are SUPER EXPENSIVE. But that`s so cool that you did that! You still have the Camry, right? Haha, Mother, that`s so funny! I told you to stop sending me packages! When are you going to listen to your son? Anyway, I won`t argue, I`ve got A LOT of stuff to say.
 
First of all, I did get Dani`s letter this last week, made me really happy.. :) Anyway...
 
So on Monday we went to Sarmiento, about 2 hours away from Comodoro with the Bishop to see the Petrified Forest. A desert with a bunch of scattered petrified trunks! It was pretty cool, it reminded me a lot of Zions or Moab, Goblin Valley. I would totally send pictures of that, the baptism, and everything else, but the comp isn`t working with the pictures today! :( Oh well, there`s always next week! So we did that on monday, it was a lot of fun! We were walking home on Tuesday from work, and when we went to cross the freeway, yes, the freeway, while we were in the middle of it, waiting for the cars to pass so we could run across such a dangerous, hazardous zone... (Heheheh!) Some drunks on the other side saw us and began throwing rocks at us. Fist sized rocks. One fizzed past the head of E. Wagstaff, just shaving his hair. He felt it blow past his head, and his heart was pounding for the rest of the night. We felt just like Samuel the Lamanite... with so many arrows/rocks going past, but not one actually hitting us... The Lord protects his messengers.
 
The Paolisso family got REALLY sick on Wednesday, Dante fainted THREE TIMES in school! His dad who has been going through a giant battle with smoking to stop before the baptism so he can baptize him got incredibly sick with a ton of throw up and terrible aches and pains in the stomach. They were out for a LONG time. We were worried. On Wednesday, we gave them Priesthood blessings, blessing them that everything would be ok, that they would be healthy before the baptism, and that the dad could achieve baptizing his child. We were fasting and praying A LOT this week. So we had that worry on our shoulders. On Friday, Dante and his dad came to the interview at the church, and the dad was DYING. He was in so much pain. He asked us if it would be possible if one of us could baptize Dante... I said, yes, we could, but we`re not going to. We know that by tomorrow night, you will be healthy, up and about, ready to baptize your son. He was doubtful, so I took him aside and said, we need your faith in this. He said, Ok... Let`s do it. We were praying that he would be alright to baptize his son on Saturday.
 
After the interview, we hurried off to our area to an appt. we had with Marta and Jorge... OH MY GOSH. Talk about GOLDEN FAMILY. So we got there, we found out they`re not married, so we had the goal to teach them about keeping the commandments, the blessings we get from doing it, and then the commandment of marriage. We started talking about Mosiah 2 which has a ton of stuff on keeping the commandments, we really buttered it up nicely. Ha, then we threw down the Proclamation to the World pamphlet... Such a good message, you should all read it. We told them about the commandment to get married, and they both got really quiet. We explained it, and then, surprisingly, Jorge said: I would love to get married, honestly I would love to do this and keep these commandments and everything. I want to feel what you guys feel, I want to have what you guys have, I want it all. He began crying, AGAIN. Marta was super surprised, she exclaimed that only once she had ever seen Jorge cry, when Valentina was born, but other than that, NEVER. Now, he had cried TWICE in less than a week! She was super surprised! They said they would pray and continue studying to know if they should get married and everything, promising us that they would come to the baptism on Saturday. They then surprised us with pizzas!!!! We had some delicious pizza with them, and cow tongue, which was delicious! Lucia, their 7 yr. old daughter warmed up to us and was talking up a storm, and then they took us home in their truck! What a wonderful family!
 
Saturday was the baptism, thanks to all the prayers, the Dad baptized his wonderful son, Dante. It was such a good baptism. The testimonies that Dantes mom and Dad gave were incredible. I had never heard such a powerful testimony from anyone than I had from Dantes Dad. INcredible... Marta came to the baptism, Jorge had to stay home with some guests that had arrived unexpectedly, but she CAME! She loved the baptism, and was such a good sport throughout the entire thing. We have formed a good relationship, we were laughing and joking about some of the members and how some talk too much, and little stuff like that. What a wonderful family... I`m in love all over again! AH, how can this happen so many times?? I have my heart ripped and torn in between Esquel, San Martìn, and now, Comodoro! All for the most wonderful families... What a blessing to be a missionary. What a blessing.
 
So, E. Wagstaff is leaving. We got the transfer calls, and he is leaving to Trelew to be with his first latin comp! And guess who`s coming here?? E. Cuthbert is going to be a Father!!!!! I`m training, and I`m going to Neuquèn on Tuesday to pick up my son! Haha, It`s going to be so awesome. I`m really excited to train a misisonary and help him learn how to be the best, how to let HF mold him into who he really can be. It`s going to be so fun, It will probably be a latin, because the gringos still can`t get into Argentina because of the Visas. The presidente of Argentina isn`t letting in anyone into Argentina. But whoever it is, it`s going to be great! So I`ll let you know how everything is going next week with my son!
 
We went to Marta and Jorge`s house on Sunday so E. Wagstaff could say goodbye. We had a little bit of small talk, and then we told them that E. Wagstaff was leaving. He then bore his testimony, and begged them to continue with the lessons and reading the BoM and everything else. He started crying, Marta started crying... Then I began speaking, talking about how a lot of people take the impression that we`re here only to bump up the numbers of our church, when it isn`t like that. We`re here to change lives. Marta started crying even harder, Jorge bore his own testimony, saying to E. W... You can be at peace, I promise you that me and my family are going to continue listening to E. Cuthbert and his companion. I want to know all of this stuff, I want the feelings, I want it... It was such a spiritual experience... One of the most spiritual experiences I`ve had on the mission. What a Golden Family... Jorge took us to the bus terminal afterwards because a few missionaries were going home, and we went to see them off. Including... My dear Father, E. Slaugh. He`s finally going home. How FAST the time flew... How fast it flies. Jared scared me a little bit when he said that he`s excited for me to come home... Home? Wha?? When? I realized that on the 2nd of July, I have 8 months left. WHA??!! Is it possible? No. It kind of scares me a little bit. Not a little bit. A lot bit... ;)
 
Anyway, that is the current state of events here in Comodoro Rivadavia... I`m training, I`m almost home, we baptized, have an incredible family that is ready for the water like... NOW, and I`m happy. Really happy. I love you guys so much. Thank you for the packages, Mom. You are my Wonder Woman. Jared, I want you to come down with Mom! Dad... You are obviously needed here too. I want you here, I want to see you, I want to show you all the good I`ve done, and all the miracles that have happened to me over 2 years. COME to Argentina to see your SON. I love you so much.
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: