July 13, 2016

August 27, 2012

Wow. I have had SUCH a good Pday already. I haven`t really done anything yet, but I`m just so HAPPY! So I received a ton of emails from all the friends. Chris, Kim, Aubs... HOLDEN is home!!! I couldn`t believe it when I saw the pictures... I`m just overwhelmed right now. I don`t know what to do. I love my friends, my family and my life. But more than anything, I think more and more about my time in the mission, and how it will be to go home... And I don`t want to RETURN!!! Haha, it`s terrible, I know, but... I just want to stay in my comfortable Comodoro Rivadavia, baptizing people and being happy with E. Healey... I can`t imagine everything that`s going on in the world right now... I don`t care. The mission is a time to just focus on others... It`s beautiful. Wonderful. Peaceful... And I have grown so much. Anyway... I love my life. Today werè going to go play football americano on the beach.
 
So, I`ll tell you really quickly about the progress of Marta and Jorge. So on Tuesday last week we went over to talk to them about baptism. They told us their last doubt, the thing that`s really holding them back. They have seen the example of some of the members in church... People who don`t really do what they're supposed to do, people who don`t have good examples. Jorge and Marta are worried that after baptism, they will become like that. Marta directly and defiantly said that she would NOT ever do something that she could do. That it is a mock to God, get baptized and then sin. They don`t have desire to sin. It isn`t there... They don`t do ANYTHING that is bad. They have changed SO much in these last months, it`s incredible. It`s so emotionaly impacting... They are my best investigators. So we have been worrying and praying, thinking and studying with what we could do to help them understand that it`s between THEM and the Lord. We came up with a pretty good idea. On Thursday, they invited Marcelo, a guy who just separated with his wife and child over for his birthday. He has been alone and depressed for about 3 weeks now because of the Separation. It`s been tearing him apart. And Jorge, a NON MEMBER, made the invitation to make him feel happier and welcome. HE is a true member of the Church of Christ... And now I ask all of you at home, friends and family... Are you all TRUE members of the Church of Christ? Do you have the image of Christ in your faces? Does the light of the Gospel shine in your eyes like it does in Marta and Jorge`s? Are you doing what you`re supposed to be doing? I am in love with this Gospel, and it has effected a change... Beyond belief with this family. Marta and Jorge were going to separate before we knocked on their door, and now they're going to get married, and are happier than ever. I love them, and I am so grateful for everything. Tonight, we have to talk about marriage preparations and baptism dates and all that. Marta has a problem with some property that she owns with her couple before Jorge... So I don`t know if they`ll get baptized while I`m still here... I don`t know. But anyway, that`s not important. What`s important is that they are doing something.. Incredible.
 
We had 6 investigators in church, with the other companionship in our ward, they had 5... So in total, we had 11 investigators in church yesterday! It was a miracle! We are so happy and are looking for a VERY WHITE day, the 15th of September. Last Thursday we had the Zone Conference with our MIsh Pres and his wife. It was wonderful. I thought about the goals I have and everything that I want to achieve before I leave the mission, and I have a lot of work to do. Hahahahaha. I just want you all to know that I am doing my best to serve the Lord. That this time is not my time. I am trying to mold and form myself into becoming a TRUE servant of Christ. I love Him with all my heart, and am trying my best to become all that He wants me to become. I love this Gospel.
 
We have 5 baptisms planned for the 15th of September. The 17th is transfers, and I will probably leave then... But I don`t want to think about that right now. For now, I`m happy. I love you all, and I miss you all. The picture has us with Marta and Jorge. Marcelo is on the far right, the skinny one. That was for his birthday. Lucìa is the 7 yr. old, Valentina is the 3 yr. old. Love you all.
E. Cuthbert

No comments: