July 13, 2016

October 22, 2012

I`M AN UNCLE!!!!! Haha! I`m so happy right now! I couldn`t believe it when I heard it! Melyn wrote me, and the smile on my face just kept getting bigger and bigger. What a blessing! I`m so happy that I will be there when she has him! (I`ve already decided it`s a boy...Hopefully) That made me so bouncy... Thank you so much, Melyn for sharing that news with me. Thank you, Mom, for sending me that quote, I really enjoyed it.
 
E. Brown is HOME??! NO! That means I`m up next! This is too terrifying to think about it, so I`m just going to shut my mouth right now. Don`t go to the Arch to swing until I get home! I wanna go, too!
 
E. Francis is doing well, it`s raining today, so I didn`t bring my camera. Marìa Laura`s reference to the temple will be submitted soon. We`re going to explain it to the mother, and have the member who gave us her reference submit her name to be baptized in the temple. Missionary work on both sides of the veil... Que copado!!!
 
More pants?? Ha! No way! I`m going to use the slacks I have till they`re rags... That doesn`t mean that they look like rags right now, don`t worry! Ha. I have two pairs of slacks, my grey pair and brown pair. That, with my suit pants should get me through. Oh, about pckgs, the Customs of Argentina no longer allows protein powder or supplements or vitamins or anything of that sort through the border, so don`t send me anything like that! I`ll start thinking about what I need for Christmas, and send you the wish list. I can`t believe we`re already going through this AGAIN! Christmas was like... YESTERDAY! The cool thing is that I might be able to spend it down in San Martìn, where I had it last year! Haha, how things turn out... Crazy.
 
Jared, great questions! Now, about someone who was baptized in the Catholic church as a baby.. First of all, how did Christ get baptized? Matthew 3:17 tells us that there were THREE things that were necessary for the baptism of Christ. First of all, he went to John the Baptist. Why John the Baptist? I`ll let you figure that one out... Hint: He was the only one who has the permission. Second, John said: I have need to be baptized of thee, and Christ responds: Suffer it to be so now... What does that mean? It means that Christ desired to be baptized, it was His choice! Does a baby CHOOSE to be baptized? I certainly exclaim, NO! Third, it says that Christ came "straightway out of the water", he was submerged completely in water. Romans 6:4 talks about baptism as a symbolism of death and rebirth... Only through baptism by immersion does it symbolize death, and being born again. Read Moroni 8. WONDERFUL chapter for someone who doubts the baptism of their little ones. Do you remember Cecilia Colque from Esquel? In the beginning when I first got to know her, she was going to baptize Mateo, their son of about a year old... We convinced her through Moroni 8, and prayer. Mark 1:4 says that John the Baptism baptized for the remission of sins. Does a baby have sins? Anyway, that`s all for now. Good studying!!!! ;)
 
Yesterday, I accompanied the Primary Presentation... It was awesome to see all the little kids up there singing and giving talks! :) I played various songs for them, and it was a blast.
 
I have one miracle story to share, and then I have to go.
 
A few weeks ago, we contacted a lady named Leticia at her door. We were speaking with her for a little while about her life and family, and we then invited her to the Gen. Conference. She said that she was going to go. She also mentioned that she works in doing arts and crafts, things like that, girl things... Haha. Anyway, we said; "Hey! The women in our church are looking for a teacher to teach them in arts and crafts! Would you like to help them out?" "Sure, I`d love to!" We then booked it over to the President of the Relief Society, who conveniently lives about a block away from Leticia`s house. We told her the situation, and committed her to going over and inviting her personally to help them out. A week passed by, and she said that she had made contact! On Saturday, the Relief Society had organized an "Open House" of sorts, a guided tour of the chapel to all people who wanted to come. We brought a family of Investigators, and the president of the relief soc. brought Leticia! She loved the tour, and at the end, E. Marriott and I testified boldly of the Restoration and the First Vision. We invited all to come to church. Sunday rolls around, and halfway through the Sacrament meeting, guess who comes walking into the meeting?? Leticia, with her WHOLE family! !!! (Except the dad) It was a miracle! We had 5 investigators in the sacrament meeting, thanks to her and her mom, brother, and daughter. Just a little miracle that happened that has really given us a lot of excitement to keep doing things like that. Missionary work is the best. When we see things like that, there`s no way to deny the hand of the Lord in this Work. I testify that the Work of the Lord is the missionary work of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love it. And I will never let it go. I`m going to implement the 40 fast that Jenae`s ward did! Thank you for the letter, Jenae!! It was so good to hear from you. I love you all, I pray for you all. We are happy here. The goal of 5 baptisms is... hard. Ha, but we have faith that the Lord is always preparing families, like the family of Leticia. They are going to be having a Family Home Evening with the family of the president of Rel. Soc.
 
Thank you all, I love you all... Have a wonderful week.
E. Cuthbert

No comments: