July 13, 2016

December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! May the beginning of this New Year bring my entire family and friends, happiness and blessings from our dear Heavenly Father. I`m so grateful for my family, and all the wonderful blessings that you all have received in this time that I`ve been outside of the country, serving the Lord.  The call to you guys was amazing, even though I was green... Ha. I loved seeing your faces, you all look so happy! You guys are a wonderful family. I`m happy, though, that I won`t be calling again. It`s very hard to focus and concentrate with thoughts about home or family or whatnot. So, I`m glad it`s over, and the next time I see my wonderful Mom`s face, it will be on the 11th of March! 

I`m on a computer that takes a ton of time to upload pictures, so I can`t show you guys any! :( Don`t worry, I will get them up as soon as possible. We spent Christmas with a good family. We ate some really delicious food. Our trip on Tuesday was really fun. We packed 6 missionaries into the back of a little moving car, and drove about 2 hours away to a really gorgeous lake. There, I made Asado for everyone, which was really, really good. It started to rain, but I got the fire started anyway. It was a delicious lunch. We saw a bunch of cool stuff. There was a family who had a house that lived there, pretty much farmer people, and they had a huge flock of goats. I got up close to them and got a few pictures. The Patagonia has some beautiful landscapes, and some interesting creatures. It`s awesome. Then, Wednesday, it was back to work. We`ve been pretty frustrated with a lot of people, because they haven`t been progressing really well. They haven`t been keeping their promises to read or pray or go to church, and in that sense... We can`t help them to get baptized, so we`ve been trying to find new investigators these past few days, which is resulting to be difficult. I came down with something on Thursday, and was in bed all day. I`ve been up and running since Friday, but still have some very annoying symptoms following me around. I`ve been trying my best to be super happy and excited, but when you`re sick... It just drags. Haha. But don`t worry, I asked E. Irala for a blessing yesterday, and I`ve felt much better. :) 

With the new year coming around, it`s been a time to seriously reflect about the year that`s come and gone. It`s hard to believe that so much time has passed, but I know that I`m not done yet. Leticia, our wonderful convert, is now the Secretary in the Relief Society. Mariana has had some health problems lately, and hasn`t been going to church as often. We are working hard with a few people to get them baptized on the 12th or 19th of January. I`ll most likely be leaving here the 21st of January, the day after my birthday. We`re working with a woman named Vanesa and her two daughters, Oriana who is 10 and Abril who just turned 8. Vanesa is the sister of an excommunicated member, and never accepted the missionaries or the church until some hard things passed in her life, and now that she opened up, humbled herself and began to listen, she finds that everything that we`ve taught makes perfect sense. She is progressing very well, went to church yesterday with her two daughters, and after church, made us lunch! It was very nice of her. So there you have it. Not a ton of stuff happened this week, because of the Christmas "break" that we were given. We have another New Years "break" today and tomorrow. I don`t like it, because we begin to focus on other stuff, and not missionary work. With only 2ish months left, there is no time to play. 

Your prayers are deeply appreciated. Pray that I may recuperate fully, that I can keep up my excitement and happiness in these times of challenges and trials that the Lord gives me. I`ve been truly humbled this week, and know that It`s brought me closer to God.  I love you all, have a wonderful week! Happy New Years!!!

E. Cuthbert

No comments: