July 13, 2016

December 10, 2012

Well Hello!!! How´s my wonderful family doing? What a week it´s been... We FINALLY got the Standard of Excellence! POR FIN!!! Everything finally worked out. It was amazing how it all happened. Basically, the Lord decided: "Alright, they´ve been humbled enough to achieve it. I´ve shown them that things are in My hands, not theirs. Here you go." And he served it to us on a silver platter! We´re happy, but ready to be even better. We baptized Daina, the daughter of Leticia who got baptized two weeks ago. She is 9 years old and is the purest, sweetest little girl EVER! It was a wonderful baptism. ´The weather this week was a lot nicer. We had a lot of sun, I got sunburned on my arms last Monday while making Asado for a District in my Zone. Ow... Haha! But it´s all good now. Zapala, when it is windy... Is as windy as Comodoro. Like I said right when I got here, I thought I just left the windy place!! Ha, nope!
 
Flippin´  TREE! I miss seeing a HUGE pine tree! Argentine culture says that their trees don´t have to be more than 3 ft. high... So... You can imagine that the Christmas Spirit is only 3 ft. high, and not 20 ft. high!! (How tall is the tree? Send me pictures of the whole family next to the tree, POR FAVOR!!!) OH! I thought I´d better tell you guys that I´m staying!! WOOT! BAPTISMS AFUL!! We´re extremely excited. We´re going to baptize all of Zapala. Seriously. I´m really happy and content that I´m staying. I´ll be in my last area for only a transfer, but that´s ok. I don´t feel like I´m finished here. My race to 50 Baptisms is getting closer. I just reached 30 with the baptism of Daina. 10 baptisms per transfer... Most missionaries in this mission would think that´s impossible... But I´m here to break that mentality.
 
It´s been a wonderful week. I´m content and happy. I got a little sick, with a fever and sore throat, but it´s clearning up now. Haha! I wouldn´t mind drinking water with peppermint and everything else to kill any parasites I might have swimming through my body! I´ve never gotten sick because of the water here, but it is a health risk in Argentina... Incredible how sometimes... You can´t even be safe with the water! Today, I started P90X for the last time. I´m going to be going hardcore! We saw a missionary off on her bus as she left to go to Neuquén, and then, Utah. She finished her mission. I´m terrified!!! It can´t be! Mom, when I see you... It´s going to just be an incredible shock to me. I have to make these three months count more than ever before. No matter what. I can´t eat, I can´t sleep, I have to baptize.


We had an experience this week... On Saturday for the baptism, we had invited a family to come on Friday.. And they came! Familia Baldevenito (Baldaybeneeto... As we would say it in English... ;)) They really like the baptism. After the baptism we invited them to come to church, and they said they were going to come. The next morning, Luciano and Facundo (14 and 10 yrs. old) both came, ALONE! They got up early, and just left to go to church! MIRACLE! I called their mom to ask her if she was going to come for Sacrament meeting, and she told me no. Further more, she told me that she was surprised to wake up that morning and see that her children weren´t there! She didn´t know that they had gone to church. I let her know that we were watching after them, and she was SUPER surprised that they liked it so much. We asked them... Hey, do you guys want to get baptized? And they both were like... YEAH! WE had already taught the family about baptism, and they all have the goal for the 29th of December. They really liked the classes and everything. It was a miracle that they went to church! That´s why I say that the Lord handed us the Standard on a silver platter, because we weren´t even thinking they would come alone!
 
Our Heavenly Father is always aware. I love Him, and I know He loves me. Thank you so much, for all the support that you guys give me. I love you all, see you next week!
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: