July 13, 2016

June 11, 2012

I don´t have a lot of time, the place we´re using is REALLY expensive with computers... So I´ll make it as fast as possible, but with as much information that I can...
 
First of all, YES, I got the package... Thank you SO much for the Hot cocoa!!! COCOAAAA!!! It reminded me of the time in summer where I was on my fifth mug of hot chocolate for the night and dad freaked out because I had drank so much, he ended up pouring the recently opened giant can of hot chocolate down the drain... HAHAHA! That brought a smile to my face, it made me happy to think of that moment. Such a funny thing... :) So thank you for the journal, the protein and the hot chocolate, they are all being put to good use. :)
 
So yesterday we had the birthday party of Dante Paolisso who will be baptized on the 23rd... FINALLY a baptism! We made him an AWESOME brownie with dulce de leche swirled into the mix, and a cream oreo pudding type thing as a frosting with crushed up oreos to top it off. We called it a: Chocolate Brownie Dulce de Leche Swirled Oreo Cookie Crumble. Beat THAT! :) It was DELICIOUS!!! Anyway, Finally we´ll be getting him baptized, it will be awesome. What a delicious dessert it was... I need to make one especially for me. Yeah, definitely. HA! So their family is doing well.
 
Well, I will talk about one more thing, then I have to go. Marta and Jorge are like the SPITTING IMAGE of Mirta and Ramon!!!!! SPITTING!!!!! They have two little daughters, Martas name is Marta... like Mirta just changing the a to an i. So last time we were talking with them, we gave them a BoM and they said they would read. Later that week I got a text message from Marta asking me specifically what the Doctrine of Christ was, which means... She READ! She had read and had questions, couldn´t wait until Sunday, so she asked! We started to get excited. We had an appointment for 4 o clock yesterday, she called to cancel. Bummer. We thought that she would try to reschedule for the next Sunday, because that´s normally what péople do here, they cancel and reschedule for another day, but NO! She asked if we could come by a little later, at 7 o clock. HECK YEAH! So we went by and we were invited in, Marta was on their couch, studying the BoM and Jorge seemed happy to see us. Jorge doesn´t know hardly anything about the Gospel. When we asked him what the HOly Ghost was... He didn´t know. And Marta is a very innocent Catholic with nothing in the head, they´re PURE! Nothing tainted by false doctrines!! Anyway, so we asked them if they had read, they had done it and we began talking about their questions they had, then we began talking about the Plan of Salvation, that Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. I showed them the picture of our family, Mom, Dad.,.. They think you guys look extremely young! You guys still got it! ;) Anyway, we testified a bunch, and then Marta exclaimed. When you guys left the other Sunday, the rest of that day, I was so calm and peaceful... It felt as if I´d already received my answer that these things are true! The Spirit was so strong when she said that. We testified that that is EXACTLY what had happened. She already knows. What a blessing... I am so happy. Miracles... Anyway, we kept talking about the Plan of Salvation, but then left the rest of the lesson for next Sunday. When we asked one of them to pray, Marta clasped her hands together really quickly, you could tell that she wanted to pray. I asked her to pray and she did it!!! Right after the prayer, we look up to see Jorge CRYING!!! CRYING!!! If you will recall, when we had Mirta and Ramon for the first lesson, we asked Ramon to pray and Mirta was crying afterwards, now it´s Marta praying and Jorge crying! He didn´t understand why he was crying. We testified that it was the Spirit, because he doesn´t know anything about the Gospel, but yet... he was crying profusely about those exact things! It was a double miracle! Jorge exclaimed that he wanted to see the baptism on the 23rd and wanted to come to church. When we left the house, we hugged each other and were on Cloud 9 for the rest of the night. I testify that the Gospel is TRUE! What a miracle and what a blessing! I am so happy, that we have found a true family who wants to hear the Gospel. What an incredible BLESSING!!!!!! I have a feeling that they aren´t married though. I haven´t seen any wedding rings, or anything like that, so I think Heavenly Father has given them their answers early so they will be able to begin the process to be married much more quickly. If they are married, even better. But I know that they will be baptized. They are a wonderful family. Their daughters, Lucia 7 yrs. old and Valentina 3 yrs. old are so cute!!!
 
Mom, Dad, family and friends... Heavenly Father is aware of his children. What miracles that we can experience if we will just listen to the promptings of the Spirit and follow the commandments of God! How lucky we are to be apart of the Church of Jesus Christ. I know with all my heart, that a GROWN MAN that has no spiritual background and knows nothing about God, the Bible or Jesus Christ WOULD NOT CRY during a prayer directed to that same God through the name of Jesus Christ. Things just don´t HAPPEN like that! I know that God lives, and I know that I carry the most important message in the history of the world. I love you all.
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: