July 13, 2016

September 10, 2012

We`re baptizing Cristian this Saturday! It will be awesome. He is a miracle story that will have to be told another time. But his mother, who is growing closer and closer to her Savior as she has heard us speak, is getting very excited to see him baptized. We have a Family Home Evening with them tonight with the Bishops family, it will be awesome. Last week we had a FHE with Marta and Jorge with the Bishops family and had a delicious Asado.
 
On Tuesday, we found Gina, she`s a middle aged lady that used to live in Esquel. When she was a child, her parents were baptized into the church, but before she turned 8, they moved to Comodoro and she lost contact with the church! She remembers their time in the church as the happiest moments in her life! We have taught her and given her a BoM, and she is getting excited for having found the church again. She has a son named Marcos, 16 yrs. old. It`s going to be awesome when they get baptized one day!
 
On Saturday, I ate... 32 Empanadas... We had empanadas with a family, and I had never kept track of how many I could eat, so, I kept track! THIRTY TWO! Ask Kolt how many that would be. To put it into perspective, E. Healey ate 15, Andrea, the wife, ate 4, and Alan ate 10... I`m kind of disgusted with myself for having eaten SO MUCH food! My best friend E. Lee has only eaten 12... Is there a problem with my body? Haha, I hope not! Crazy. I`m a little frustrated. We had Brian and Yenifer, Prisila and Marìa Julia, (The four children ) who were getting ready to be baptized this SAturday, but Jorge Saavedra, the member who lives right next door, has failed us in EVERY single scheduled lesson we`ve had with them. Anyway, to make a long story short, he`s now mad at me because he thinks he has no fault in the situation... Forgetting that we had our first lesson with the family more than a month ago... And we`ve had only 3 lessons in total. Anyway, just a little bit of venting. I love my life.
 
GO TO THE TEMPLE DEDICATION, OR WATCH IT IN THE STAKE CONFERENCE CENTER! I just barely had the privilege to see and hear the Buenos Aires Temple be rededicated... And I can tell you, it was an INCREDIBLE experience! I felt such an incredible Spirit! D. Todd Christoferson, Henry B. Eyring and M. Russell Ballard were present. What a wonderful experience. :) Marta and Jorge are doing well. We had an activity with them... A sort of "Guided by the prophets, scriptures and prayer to receive eternal life" Thing... E. Healey and I came up with it. It was awesome! Marta is worried that down the line, she will begin to follow the commandments with out it coming from the heart. She wants to fulfill them with full purpose of heart! We, yesterday had an incredible lesson with them and left them with the question... If Jesus Christ were to come tomorrow, would you be prepared to meet with Him? We left them with that to ponder on. They`ll get baptized very soon, I know it.
 
The transfer is coming to an end. We get the transfer call on Saturday, and I could be leaving, E. Healey could be leaving, or I could stay... I have NO idea what`s going to happen. Hard to think that the time I had in Esquel and San Martìn de los Andes has already come and gone here in Comodoro. I can`t believe how fast time is flying.
 
Anyway, today we`re going to make a GIANT Asado. So wish me luck! I love you all.
E. Cuthbert

No comments: