July 13, 2016

July 2, 2012

So E. Wagstaff left on Monday, he was crying a lot... Well, yeah, the first area is hard! Leaving an area is always a big pain in the behind. It`s terrible leaving so many wonderful friendships and family. But anyway, he left and I stayed with my best friend in the mish, E. Lee. We were both going up to Neuquèn to grab children... Haha. So we stayed until Tuesday afternoon, and then got on the long bus up to Neuquèn! Such a long ride... We started at 5:30pm and didn`t get to Neuquèn until 8:00am the next morning... What a long ride! Anyway, we got to the mission home and did service for Pte. Peterson. They were cleaning up the entire house and grounds in preparation for the new mission president. So we were doing that, and then we saw all the new missionaries walk by... FOUR Gringos!!! Me and E. Lee were hoping and hoping that we would get a gringo! So we had lunch, and then a metting with everyone. Then Pte. went into his room to pray and receive the revelation as to who would go with who. I was looking around at the newbies, and picked out two that I didn`t want. I know, bad, but... It was a subconscious thing... I just did it. Anyway, One was this gringo that was really short, with REALLY pale skin, who didn`t say anything to anybody. Just sat around and was being awkward. The other was a mean Latino who wasn`t being cool at all. Really rude. Anyway... So the Pte. came out and said, alright, let`s put you with your companions.
 
And guess who I`m with? The short, awkward gringo. Hahahahahahahahaha! How Heavenly Father LOVES kicking us in the butt! Heh, His name`s E. Healey! He doesn`t understand a lick of Castellano, obviously, I know that I was put with him for a reason. Pte. looked around and said: I had nothing to do with these companionships... The Lord wants you two together. You are all together because the Lord know`s that you two were meant to be together. And so, here we are! E. Healey and I have been working the week together, and it hasn`t been... THAT bad. Ha, I don`t have anything to complain about, really... He is just really indifferent about everything. I ask him what he wants to eat: I don`t know. What do you want to do? I don`t know. Are you alive? I don`t know. HAHA! But anyway, he obviously didn`t socialize much before the mission. He is a ballroom dancer, and that is what he said was his favorite "sport". I just kind of stood there when he told me that was his favorite "sport". I was expecting something with a little more action. When we`re in lessons, he begins speaking in english, supposing that they`re going to understand. But anyway, it`s awesome! We`re getting along well... Haha, he`s really funny, but not by what he says. He HATES the cold, so he puts on a giant scarf and hat and gloves and GIANT coat... He does`n`t want to be cold!!!
 
MARTA AND JORGE CAME TO CHURCH!!!! WHAT A ¨WONDERFUL family!!!! WHOOOOOTTT!!! I`m FLYING through the air! So we went by Saturday night, but they had visitors... So we couldn`t teach them, but I wanted to hurry and invite them to church. I said, hey, you`re invited to - - - She cut me off right there with - Tomorrow? Church, right? Yeah, we`re coming! My jaw dropped to the bottom of the floor, E. Healey had to grab it and start cramming it into my back pocket because it was so long. After cleaning up my surprised jaw, and after it was all crammed in my pocket, I said, YES! COME!
That morning, bright and early at 9:30, they showed up on the DOT! What a wonderful family! Through the entire church service, they were such good sports! They loved everything. Jorge, who had never been to a church in his life, felt like he was "at home" he said. "I felt really comfortable there! Almost like I had already been there!" I was just grinning from ear to ear. What miracles... What absolute, miracles. I am so happy with them. So it was fast and testimony meeting, so a lot of people were talking about Joseph Smith. They asked me afterwards, Why so much about Joseph Smith? So we promised to come by that night and explain it.
 
We went over and explained the importance of the prophets, and then how Joseph Smith was called. Then we watched the first half of Joseph Smith: `Prophet of the Restoration. I left my DVD over there so they could watch the rest. At the end, they both had the lightbulb on top of their head blinking a million miles per hour, They understood EXACTLY why everyone testified of him. What an incredible... Family. Jorge met a member who he had picked up a few days before off the side of the road when it was FREEZING cold. This member saw him and Jorge saw him and they started freaking out, What a SMALL world this is! And Marta knew a sister who had worked her in the hospital clinic before. Miracles and wonderful blessings from on high! I`m speaking like I`m from the Middle Ages, but I don`t care! This family is the Leprochans pot of GOLD! I did NOT spell leprochan right! Mirta had an experience where she and Valentina got locked inside their house. COMPLETELy locked. She began to pray to God that he would help them, and then their door magically unlocked itself and they were able to leave... UHHHHH, MIRACLES??! How many times do I have to say that sweet word? MIRACLES!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I love them to death. Jorge wanted us to know that he wanted the best for his family, he began to tear up again. Wow.
 
We`re doing well. We`re happy. I`m super happy. Doing P90X every day and loving it! Send my best to everyone... I love you all.
E. Cuthbert

No comments: