July 13, 2016

March 4, 2013

In one week from now... I`ll have my Mother in my loving arms. Strange. HAHAHA, I mean... AWESOME! It has finally come. The last week. The final stretch. The End of the Road. What a ride this has been. Two years of work. Non stop, continuous work. What an accomplishment. What an achievement. What a blessing. How blessed I`ve been, being able to spend two years among these wonderful, beautiful, happy people of the Patagonia. I have been given so many blessings from my Heavenly Father. I love Him so much. He has given me... Everything in my life, and for that, I owe Him my all. I owe Him everything. 

We are going to have a killer week. In a few hours, I`ll be celebrating my last Pday with a Lamb on a spit... :) I`ll take a bunch of pictures, don`t worry. ;) Elder Childs birthday is tomorrow, we have TWO baptisms on Saturday!! WOOOT!!! Agustina Lagos, the 10 yrs. old girl from the inactive family that we`ve now helped return to church, and Patricio, the Father of Enzo, who we baptized my first week here! He has been an incredible miracle. We have been just... jaw-dropped, dumb founded as we`ve seen him progress, and see the light of Christ growing in his eyes. At the beginning of my time here, 6 weeks ago, he didn`t even talk to us. He wanted nothing to do with us, and now? We announced his baptism on Sunday, and he told us afterwards, with a look of disbelief and shock... I`m getting baptized on Saturday, as if he couldn`t believe it himself!!! HAHA! Wow. What a blessing. I will be working harder this week than ever before. I love the mission. It has been the greatest. This is the last week I have to be able to show my Heavenly Father how much I love Him, and I will dedicate every last second to his will. Bring it on. 

Anyways... I`m very excited. I`m super happy. This is it. What I lived for for 19 years is about to come to a close. But, as said Paul... "I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course. I have kept the faith." Those words bring a lot of peace into my heart. The scriptures hit you in the very soul. Your Spirit calls out for their inspiring words from on High. If there`s one thing I`ve learned on this mission, it`s that Heavenly Father lives. That Jesus Christ, is my Savior. That he REDEEMED ME. It is REAL. It`s all REAL. I am a Child of God. In the most literal sense... I love the Plan of Salvation. I`m grateful for Joseph Smith, and for his bravery and courage in restoring the true Gospel, and the true Church upon the Earth. Thomas S. Monson is THE prophet on the Earth today. I know it. And I know that God knows it, and I cannot deny it. 

I bore my testimony to my Zone in my last Zone Conference. What a moment. What a spiritual experience. In that moment, It hit me that I was going home. I cried. Hard. I am excited to come home, and begin working in my own ward. The Lord has a great work for me to accomplish in the Church. I will not deny Him my service. I come back, changed. And that is the biggest blessing of all of this. I will come, converted. 

I love you all. You have been my love and support for these two years. I will never be able to thank all of you for what you`ve done. Thank you for everything. What a journey, what a blessing, what a miracle. I leave my testimony to you all, to all who will ever read this email, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is THE Church of God on the earth. I will never deny my testimony. Mobs may combine, persecutions may rage, calamity may defame, And the very powers of Hell may assemble to throw me down, but I will not, cannot deny the testimony of my Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Elder Cuthbert

No comments: