July 13, 2016

September 24, 2012

So, when I heard that my wonderful friends came to pay you guys a visit, I got SO happy. Wow... Thank you so much, Holden, Chris and Kim for doing that. I know Aubs couldn`t go, because she`s too busy being a married woman now, heh! But wow, I`m very happy and grateful to know that my friends are like that. Even more, when I heard that Holden gave you a hug mom... Such a huge rush of gratitude came over me. Holden, you`re a true friend. I love you, man. What`s more, HOW CAN YOU INVITE THEM OVER FOR SCONES AND HONEY BUTTER, AND ME NO???!!! Doesn`t seem fair, if you ask me. But whatever, I`m sure you guys will have a wonderful time! FLIP! I miss you guys! But honestly, I am loving my life here. Loving it. The mission, as I`m sure Holden explained... Is unlike any other thing I`ve ever done. It is something that completely changes you, and the experiences you have, which are completely selfless, without the least bit of attention paid on yourself, brings more blessings from on high that I thought were even possible. Anyway, I love you all, and thank you for paying such a wonderful visit to my mother and brother. I love you guys.
 
So, Maggie is rolling down a pretty steep hill? What did I tell you? Is there a chance that I won`t see my annoying girl friend by the time I get home? Hopefully yes. It looks like her color has really faded away, she`s practically white now! Crazy stuff. Yes, I got the pckgs. Your package with gloves and all of that stuff, and the pckg. from the ward which was awesome! Thank you, 1st Ward!! You really are number one!!! And yes, Bro. Harrop was my teacher in Seminary, ask him about me.
 
So when I left Comodoro last week, I left with a BANG! We had a GIANT Asado with Marta and Jorge, they gave me an Argentine Sombrero, an argentine cowboy neck tie and a tie! FLIPPIN, WONDERFUL PEOPLE! I miss them SO much. They were such wonderful investigators-soon to be members! So we left Comodoro on the bus and started the 18 hour journey up towards Neuquèn and then west to Zapala. I said goodbye to everyone, and couldn`t believe that 6 months had gone by.. My time there went by in a flash, what`s more, I was so sad to leave E. Healey, my little Child!! Hahaha, he will do great. So I got to Zapala on Tuesday around 2 o clock, and it was work from the moment i stepped on the bus, which is exactly what I wanted! I never even got lunch that day! Haha, E. Marriott had completely forgotten that I hadn`t eaten lunch, so we just went  on with work, but I wasn`t too worried about lunch, so I just didn`t say anything! We went to a members house to visit them, I had known them from San Martìn when they moved to Zapala, and they offered us some cookies. E. Marriott, when he saw my ravenous eating fest ( I devoured the cookies in about 3 seconds... ) He realized what he had done and wouldn`t stop apologizing for the rest of the day! Needless to say, we have started off on a great relationship, we`re happy, excited, and thirsty for baptisms.
 
We prepared a kid named Facundo, 22 yrs. old, for the waters of baptism, and he was baptized on Saturday! I included the picture. He`s a wonderful kid, so happy and with a rock hard testimony. We are on the race now... I had put a baptism goal since Esquel... And I am now on the final stretch.. I`m nowhere near, but E. Marriott and I have been focusing our efforts on one thing. Baptisms. We are planning on baptizing 5 more people this transfer, at least. I have realized that these last 6 months are honestly the last push. It`s just like a 400m race, and I`m on the final 100m, and we all know that here is when you give it your all. And that is exactly what we`re doing. We are giving it our all. What`s more, as a Zone leader, the missionaries in my zone look to us as the examples, and if we aren`t baptizing, how can we expect them to do it? We are pushing hard, doing everything we can to baptize until the last second. I`m so excited and happy to be here, because in just 3 weeks, I`ll be going to San Martìn to visit E. Michael Francis from Mapleton!!! Hahahahahahahaha! I`m so excited to see him. When I found out he was in my Zone, I was so happy! I will be able to see a bunch of members, and all my converts as well... Mirta and Ramòn, Fabiana... Everyone! YES!
 
Being a Zone Leader really makes you ponder being a missionary. I have never been so busy just thinking about what I can do better to get the area baptizing. It`s AWESOME. I met an older member who said, you look German. Your eyes have that German elegance, and you hold yourself like a very proud person (Not as in prideful, but... Nevermind, I don`t even know what she was saying... ) HAHA! There you go, Buppi! We, the Germans are Elegant! Hahahahahahaha! E. Marriott has been making fun of me for the past few days since we heard that, saying things like, Your elegant german feet, your elegant german walk... a bunch of really funny things, it made us laugh a lot.
 
So anyway, we are here now, in Zapala, working awful! The area was REALLY windy when I got here, almost like Comodoro! I was thinking, what the flip? Didn`t I just leave there? But it is getting warmer, there were a few cold days during the week, but it`s getting rather nice outside. The area is honestly, ugly. Only a few paved roads, and not very many trees, Zapala is a desert town, but it`s going to be a wonderful desert town. We`re going to baptize a lot here, if I put my faith in God, and do what He has asked me to do, it will happen. Really excited for General Conference! WOOOOOOH!!!! I love you all. I have a goal to work out and cut the fat out of my food as much as I can. I want to get back ready for that cruise! Haha, Thank you all for the support, I know I`m coming home in around 6 months, but please, don`t say that!!! Haha, I need everyone to help me focus. I need to stay focused on my mission. I have only 2 years to show the Lord what i`m made of, and how willing i am to serve Him. Help me with that. Obviously if you have a question about what we`re going to do when I get back and stuff like that, ask away, but don`t say things like - I can`t wait for you to get home. I don`t want to think about that moment. At least, not right now. I love you all. Have a wonderful week, and go to church. Ha.
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: