July 13, 2016

January 28, 2013

P.S. Just so you know. . .  I didn't intentionally send Jordan scissors, Haha!  I wrapped the pkg. in the car and somehow they ended up in the pkg.!!  Wow!   
WOOOOOOOO    HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
We got the Standard, We got the Standard, We got the Standard, Hey Hey Hey HEY! Who got the Standard? We got the Standard! We got the Standard, Hey Hey Hey HEY!!! (To the music of "The Little Rascals"... HA!

Alright, as you can tell, I`m pretty happy. REALLY happy. SUPER DUPER Happy. We had a week that blew my MIND. I`ll tell you all about it. First of all, yes, I got my Bday package! DOUBLE CHOC. CHIP COOKIES!!!! YES!! Thank you for the card, the balloons, and the cookie mixes. Is there a reason you gave me scissors? Ha, I couldn`t find a use for them in anything that ws in the package, so I thought that maybe someone stole something... Anyway, hopefully not. 

I left Avellaneda, Zapala a little sad, but ready to go. I left a ton of incredible people there. After getting the Standard with E. Irala again, we were pretty tight together. We`ve become really good friends. And I know that I will always remember those days. Those incredible days... Anyway, I got to Allen that night, Monday and met my companion, E. Lozada. He`s from Peru! My first Peruvian! He`s new in the mission, obviously, and is really excited. He thinks a lot about home, (Just like any other new missionary that recently left home) But is full of excitement, and likes to push himself. He wants to learn English really badly, and has an accent that is NOT Argentine. Hahaha! He`s awesome! I`m going to see if I can send a picture of us with our baptism... These computers are pieces of trash. I got here on Monday night, and when we entered the apartment, I was stunned with the amount of TRASH and FILTH that there was... It was incredible. E. Lozada had a companion for 4 weeks before me, and he wasn`t a very good one. It was DIRTAY!!!! So I spent the next few mornings cleaning... Haha! The pench is spic and span - a place where the Spirit can now dwell. It`s a nice apartment. I`m going to like it here. Allen is a pretty big city. It`s not really a City city, but... It`s big. You`re right, it`s apart from General Roca, and no, I don`t go to both of them. The missionaries in my district are in Roca. Allen is the place where E. Syddall, a year ago, was cut from the neck to the cheek... Remember? Haha! Don`t get startled... The guy who cut him was found dead a while back. What goes around comes around! Anyway, before that incident, there was a pair of Sisters and Elders here, and now, we have the whole city to ourselves! I LOVE IT!!! It`s HUGE, and there`s a TON of work to do. As trainer, I will be doing everything that I did with E. Healey... Making sure that this wonderful companion of mine becomes the best missionary in the Argentina Neuquèn mission. As District Leader, I`m over a District of 8 missionaries, including myself... And guess who`s in my district??!! E. Healey!!! Hahaha! When I saw him again, it was awesome! We hugged and spoke a while about everything, it was so good to see him. Heh! That Gringo! Anyway, Yeah, that`s Allen... I can`t send a picture, because the computer doesn`t even recognize the camera.... Stupid computer place... 

I loved what you said about the Atonement... I know that NO ONE here knows what ATONEMENT means... It is something so sad. People say they believe in Christ, but it`s just a blind faith. They know NOTHING about Him or His life. They think that to follow Him they need to lead a good life, not doing anything bad to anyone, and that`s it. People don`t understand a lot about Him. And it`s true, because the Bible was translated so many times, the plain and precious truths were lost. 1 Nephi 13... 

On Tuesday, we met with the family of a recent convert. We are teaching their kids... Enzo (Jared will like that, because it`s the name of a Ferrari) who is 12.... Really likes the church, but didn`t know if he should get baptized. We told him to pray that night to see if he should get baptized on the 26th of January. We went by on Wednesday, and he said: "I prayed last night, and this morning, I woke up with a sensation of happiness, and I know that I have to get baptized." BAM!!!!! We prepared the baptism, and began working our rear ends off, here... We had the baptism on Saturday, and by the end of Sunday, we ended the week with better numbers than I`ve ever had in the entire mission. We destroyed. Destruction. And we got the Standard. It was a testimony to myself that I`m here to work, and I`m here to show the Savior the love that I have for Him, and that I don`t want this time to end. But yeah, I`m happy. Hahahaha. I know that these 6 weeks that I have left are going to be 6 weeks of pain, but I`m excited. Afterwards... I can rest. For now, to the field. 

Anyway, Not being Zone Leader gives me more time to write family... But I don`t know what else to say! Haha, so I love you all. Know that I am working my hardest. I love this Gospel, this Work, my Savior... Pray for me!!! 
The Missionary
E. Cuthbert

No comments: