July 13, 2016

June 18, 2012

HAPPY Father`s DAY!!! I love you Dad. I`m so glad that YOU are my Dad and that I am YOUR son. Please forgive me for what I`ve done, as I desperately want your counsel, your words, your love and praise. I hope you had a great Father`s Day, and enjoy the new blender! Ha!
 
Well, this Monday we are going with the Bishop to Sarmiento, which is 2 hours outside of Comodoro to see the Petrified Forest... It`s going to be COLD. But we`ll be taking cameras to take pictures of everything, so it will be great! I`m really excited.
 
The Transfer is coming to a close, we have one more week, this Saturday that`s coming up, we`ll get the call telling us if E. Wagstaff or I leave Comodoro. Obviously we`re betting on E. Wagstaff, and it`s almost 100% certain that a change will be coming up. It`s been a good 3 months with him, but I always welcome change. I need baptisms... Everyone is saying that I might be training, but we`ll see what happens. It would be awesome to train a newbie! If that`s the case, I want a little Gringito! Haha. So that`s what`s happening next week, transfers and the news of a new comp! Hopefully he`s ready to work and baptize!
 
So yeah, we`re baptizing Dante Paolisso this Saturday... Ha, he`s 9 yrs. old. He is the son of an inactive family that we have activated. They`re a great family. Wè`ve been working on the dad for awhile now, he smokes, but we want him to baptize Dante. He`s been through a HUGE battle for awhile now, trying not to smoke to be worthy to baptize his son. I know that he can do it, we`ve been fasting every single Saturday for him, and for the rest of our investigators. So, we will have a baptism this week! FINALLY. It`s been too long without a baptism. It`s pretty difficult, because with it being so cold... No one wants to venture outside and go to a place they`ve never been before (Church). We haven`t had too many people at church... I`m praying and fasting to find out how we can get the work rolling forth. But I know that this is the Lords work, and when He wants things done, they get done.
 
So, Marta and Jorge. They`re wonderful. We went to their house yesterday and Jorge told us of an experience he had at work where some fellow worker was doing something, and Jorge was going to lie to him about something, or make a joke that would provoke the other guy, because that`s how he`s always been... But something stopped him. He said that he thought about "Los Chicos" (Us) And what we had been doing with them. Teaching them more about the Gospel and helping them to follow Jesus Christ, and he thought to himself... You know what... No. I don`t need to do this foolish thing, and he walked away, and kept working. This surprised him! He had never done such a thing! We testified to him that that was the Holy Ghost that had prompted him to behave in such a way. That it was an answer to his prayers. We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and it was an incredible lesson. Speaking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how through Him, we are able to be saved through Faith on His name, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the  Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end... And how we can return to the presence of our Father in Heaven in the Celestial Kingdom if we do these things... It just makes me happy to teach it. And they loved it. They know that they have to do those things to be able to receive the blessings. What we did find out is that... They`re not married. Oh.... No. Ha, That`s going to delay things for awhile. Comodoro isn`t like San Martìn... The wait to do a marriage isn`t just a 2 day notice in advance... It`s a 2-3 MONTH notice in advance, and it`s a lot more expensive... BUT, WE KNOW THAT WITH GOD, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. It will be EXACTLY like Mirta and Ramòn. We have a lesson with them planned for Friday night, where we will talk about marriage and the Proclamation to the World. Read it. They`re going to make us dinner! Haha, Pray and fast for them that on Friday night, we can help them to plan a date to be married... Help us to be able to achieve this great miracle. When they say yes to marriage, we can help them get married faster and baptized sooner. That is what Heavenly Father wants, include them in your prayers, please. I love that family, ALREADY! They`re a wonderful family, very kind, respectful and full of happiness. They`re GREAT!
 
How is everything going for the trip here to Argentina? I still have yet to receive word from Mirta and Ramòn how things are going along in San Martìn, I`ll talk with the Branch Presidente Di Stefano to tell him to help them and support them in everything so they can be married when we`re here. I love you all so much.
 
Have a wonderful week, Dad, Happy Father`s Day! I love you all, I am doing great, IT`S FREEZING down here!!!!!! The wind and air is biting my face off! It is literally... A little chilly. Haha! Anyway, I have faith that my package from the ward will get here soon with those wonderful glove/mittens... For now, have a wonderful week!
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: