July 13, 2016

October 29, 2012

I`ve been telling everyone that I`m going to be an Uncle. That`s so weird! My sister is going to have a baby... And even weirder... You`re going to be a GRANDMA!!! WHA!? You`re too young to be a grandma! Everyone tells me when I show our family pictures that you and dad are way to young! Haha! It`s going to be awesome, and I`m super excited to see the next wonderful addition to the family.
 
Where are we going on vacation with Omi and Buppi in April? Please tell Buppi to be careful. I already had to go through the death of my dog, no way am I going to see my Bupster kick the bucket! He`s still got at least... 50 yrs. ahead of him. ;) Tell him to take care of himself, I love my family, and want to see everyone when I get home. Surprisingly enough, Argentina is VERY aware about the elections between Romney and Obama... It`s amazing at how much of an influence the United States has on the world... People here are always trying to ask us about our opinions about elections, who we would vote for, stuff like that. We always say the same... We have NO idea what`s going on up there, but what we can talk to you about is the Gospel of Jesus Christ... Hahaha!
 
What`s Dad`s new job at the capitol? Does he get a raise? What`s he doing? I feel like he`s been changing jobs over the last year like a crazy man! I never know what to say to people when they ask me what my dad does... Haha, I want to know. GOOD JOB, Jared! I`m so proud of you for doing well in school!


Well, transfers have come, sorry, I totally forgot to mention that last week. The work here has become my life, and it`s no surprise or anything when transfers come and go... But, sadly, E. Marriott is leaving. We only had one transfer together, such a small amount of time. I`m going to miss him, he`s such a wonderful friend. He lives up in Holladay, his dad is stake pres. up there, so... yeah. Anyway, we had such a good transfer together, we`re going to miss each other a lot. He`s been a good friend, an incredible booster in excitement and hard work, and we`ve learned a ton together. I`ve been VERY grateful for his service, and his companionship. He leaves home with us, well, not really. His mom and dad are coming as well to pick him up, so they`ll be touring the mission as well. But I`m truly sad to see that he`s leaving. We only baptized one time together, but we have left this area A LOT better than how we found it. I have helped him grow, and become more bold as a servant of the Lord, and he has helped me to really focus on prayers, and being diligent in everything. Anyway, he`s gone, and who`s coming? An Argentine!
 
E. Irala was my zone leader in Comodoro, and now he will be my companion here in Zapala! He`s really short, but such a hard worker. I`m really pumped. We`re going to baptize a ton. He`s from Misiones, Argentina which is up in the North of Argentina. He leaves for home in March as well... Which means that Zapala, what I thought would be my last area... Will probably NOT be my last area. When I realized that... I kind of got down for a second. I`m going to have to move AGAIN... Blegh, but at the same time, I had an experience with my Mission President, where I told him of the goal I have to get 50 baptisms, and I said... Presidente, I want you to do WHATEVER it is that you feel inspired to do so that I can reach my goal.. And I know that in putting me in a situation where I might leave in 6 weeks... Is going to push me to baptize as many as I can, NOW, because afterwards... If I get transfered, there`s no other chance to help the Sons and Daughters of God in Zapala, Argentina. So that`s what`s going to happen. I`ve made a goal to come home every night, exhausted. With blisters on the bottom of my feet, and collapsing in bed, falling asleep before my head hits the pillow. That`s the goal. Baptize, teach to baptize, and if I`m not teaching anyone, FIND someone to teach and baptize. BAPTISM!!!
 
So, Leticia and family came again to church, alone!! We`re very excited for this family. We were pretty frustrated, because she was under the impression that she could come to church with her family, but that she didn`t need to accept the missionaries. She didn`t understand our roll in their progress and conversion. So we had a lesson in the Gospel Principles class where we inconspicuously explained our purpose to them, and then invited them to be baptized. We now have an appt. for Tuesday at their house. :) Pray for them, as well as for everyone else that we`re teaching! We`re going to baptize a lot this transfer, I can feel it. We`re asking for tons of references from members, and we have a lot of them! We`re excited, happy, and ready to baptize all of Zapala!
 
Honestly... The mission has been the greatest thing that`s ever happened to me. I get so emotional... Like right now at this moment. I`ve got tears coming to my eyes while thinking about the mission, and how much I love it. I can`t believe it`s almost over. It`s a very sad thought. To think that Bishop Allen is already talking about my Homecoming talk just makes me want to hide myself in Argentina and never come home! I have thought a lot about my purpose as a missionary. As a Disciple of Christ... The moment when Jared takes off my plaque... Is a moment that I never want to come. This plaque that I have over my heart means so much to me. It gives me the right and authority to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ... There is no other experience like this in all the world. There is nothing to compare with it, in all this world. What a blessing, and what a terrifying thought, that soon, it will all be over. Regrets? Up till now, I have none... But I know that I must go above and beyond. My life outside the mission looks grey and bleak compared to the vibrance and excitement that is, Missionary Work.


I love you all. Have a wonderful week. Happy Halloween to all that will be Trick-or-Treating! Oh, so far, the only thing that I could come up with that I want in the Christmas pckg.. is chocolate mint sandwiches... Haha! So far, that`s it, maybe ties as well... I will think more this week, but honestly... I`d rather everyone save their money on Christmas things for me, and just deposit it into my account for a laptop or something when I get home, or a car! Anyways, that`s all I can think of at this moment. I love you!
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: