July 13, 2016

June 4, 2012

I have to say that I love my family, I love my friends, and everyone in between. Wow... What a wonderful life I have. I am so blessed to be the family member and friend of so many people. I love you mom, Jared, you are a CAPO for doing that for mom, Dad, you`re my hero... Omi, Buppi... I love you guys so much, and want to spend some time with you guys when I get home to ask you questions about... about whatever! Gma, Gpa... You guys are such examples to me of what I want to be, I love you so much. Aubs... You`re MARRIED!!! Lucky Duck! Chris... 9 fast Sundays to go... Only NINE! I`m a pregnancy away, if Melyn and Jordan will just get on with it and get PREGNANT!!!"!!!! HAHAHA! Congratulations with the HOUSE! My lil` sister is growing up and getting her own house! Wow! Kimbo... I miss ya to death! I miss all my friends to death, but this week in the mission went very, very well. 
 
Last Monday for Pday we played soccer... and I owned. I SUCK at soccer, but my inner Messi (The best Argentine player and best soccer player in the world) burst forth, and I was a flippin` lion! All the latinos were so surprised! Some street kids, who thought they were so cool, came onto the field and asked if they could play, we had to go. So we said first to three wins. We OWNED them. 3-0. GO GRINGO!!!!! :) Funny experience.
 
This week, we have found many new families, and placed many new baptismal dates! The work is rolling forth like a stone cut out of the mountain, and I must say... I am so blessed to be apart of it. I love this work. It is the best thing in the entire world. So we have this family named Marta and Jorge, with their two daughters Lucia and Valentina... The exact same combo as Mirta and Ramòn in San Martìn! Anyway, last Monday we found Marta with her two daughters in their house doing homework. We knocked on the door, and she answered, and we were able to explain the pamphlet that explains the Restoration. We put a date to return for yesterday, Sunday. When yesterday came around, E. Wagstaff was feeling TERRIBLE. He almost threw up! So after church, he fell asleep for a little bit. While he was sleeping, I kept thinking about Marta, and I knew we had to go to her house. I went to check on E. Wagstaff, and he was already getting out of bed, getting ready to go kick some Argentine butt! ;) So we headed out there, and guess what we found? Jorge, her husband answered the door and said that she was sleeping. We asked if there was any way we could come in and talk with him. He let us in and went to go see if she wanted to get out of bed, something that NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER happens in Argentina. When an Argentine gets in bed for their siesta, they`re in bed till for at least 3 hours. SHE GOT OUT OF BED TO LISTEN. I was amazed. We taught a very good lesson about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, they accepted dates to be baptized the 30th of June, and it was AWESOME! Jorge doesn`t have much religious backgruond, Marta is catholic. Awesome!
 
We`ve also found other people that are really good, but I don`t have much time to talk about them. There`s the boyfriend of a new member in the ward, he has a baptismal date, there`s a girl named Vanina who is Catholic and has a baptismal date, There`s an older lady named Dominga who lost her husband 2 years ago, she has a baptismal date as well. We`re finally doing it! We`re seeing the success! We`ve got 10 dates for baptisms right now, and the President Peterson wants at least 100 baptisms this month of June. Possible! EASY!
 
We fasted yesterday for these things to come to pass, and I know that the Lord is with us. I love the scriptures... Never have I loved something as much as I love those pages that have been marked so much! I love them to death! Nephi is... He`s an inspiration. What a prophet. We testified of the importance of prophets to a kid who will be baptized the 23rd, and I almost teared up, overwhelmed with the gratefulness I feel to my Lord and my God for giving me a prophet. I love this Gospel, and I KNOW the church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
 
Anyway, the days here are COOOOOLD! FREEZING my missionary-rear-end! The days are getting shorter and darker, I`m working out a lot, I`m going to eat a GIANT sandwich today, I will send pictures next week. I love you guys so much. Until next week! :)
 
Amor,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: