July 13, 2016

July 23, 2012

They just grabbed a random nail gun that someone had left around on the construction site, and shot four rusty nails into his hand... Of course that`s what they did! ;) Hahah! That`s realy funny. I wish I could watch the video, but... No Youtube for the missionaries! So you guys will have to remind to watch it when I get back. Anyway, thank you so much for applying me to BYU and UVU, and for the new debit card. Anything about Mark and working for Campbell Alliance, let me know! :) I love you, Mom.


Anyway, funny experience. Comodoro has a ton of wind, right? So me and E. Healey were walking in a parking lot that is bordered with a lot of pine trees... The wind was blowing furiously, and an incredibly strong gust of wind blew into us. I started screaming out, WOOOO HOOOO!!!! It died down and I kept walking... After a couple more paces, I turn back to look behind me, and E. Healey is NO WHERE in sight!!! And I kid you not, for about 2-3 seconds... I ACTUALLY played with the thought that the wind had blown him away! HAHAHAHA! Little did I know is that his glasses had been blown off by the wind, and he had gone to retrieve them in the trees.. HAHAHAHAHA! Funny thing that made me laugh really hard.
 
So this week, was hard. It was probably the first week in my entire mission where I honestly wanted to cry for being at a loss of what to do. Almost all appts. had failed us, we were walking around an area trying to find what we could do to teach someone the Restored Gospel... It was difficult. Even more so, knowing that I`m training E. Healey and he needs to have experiences that build and strengthen his testimony! That get him excited for missionary work, just like E. Slaugh did with me. Anyway, we have been digging DEEP looking for new ways to find investigators and keep the work progressing. I know that as I put my trust in the Lord, he will help us and we will receive the help that we need. 
 
We made Empanadas Arabes for lunch one day... OH MY GOSH, I have a talent with those things. What`s even better, is they`re super easy to make, so mark my words that one of the first things we eat as a family when I get back will be Empanadas Arabes. :) We found a few more news in our area, I had knocked a door about a million times before, and had never gotten an answer. On Saturday, we decided to give it one more knock. This guy named Adrian opened up and let us in! So we spoke about the Restoration, and gave him a Book of Mormon, he said he was super interested in finding out for himself, because with what we had taught him, he now had the doubt if he was in the correct church or not! It made us happy to see the hand of the Lord that night.
 
Marta and Jorge, oh... How is it possible to love people like I have loved my families in my areas??? Flia. Colque in Esquel, Flia. Rama in San Martìn, and now Flia. Levio in Comodoro... We went over Friday night to an appt, with a member... But Jorge wasn`t there. We decided to teach the Word of Wisdom to Marta anyway. She loved it, and was very happy to except it. On Sunday, they didn`t arrive punctual in the morning like usual... I decided to call them, and I ended up being their alarm! They had overslept, and didn`t think it was possible to come to church after it had already begun. I said, NO! Get your butts over here! (But in terms a little bit more Jesus Christ-like...;)) Anyway, so they came to church and it was great. Afterwards that night, we went over to their house with our Ward Mission Leader, Alan Krebs. We began talking about Alma 32 with them. Marta always keeps Jorge on a short leash, making sure he studies the chapters with her, she really is the Alpha Female!!! ;) Come to think of it, every single miracle family I`ve had... The wife has been the Alfa. I`m going to marry an Alfa. ;) So we spoke about Faith, and Jorge began to realize the importance of Faith. And then we began speaking of the Word of Wisdom, so Jorge would be aware as well. Alan testified really well, and Jorge agreed.
 
This is the incredible part... Afterwards, Jorge exclaims... We`ve got a goal. We`re going to let you in on it next Sunday, alright? I was a little shocked, and asked: Why not tell us now? ;) Hehe! He said, no, we`ll tell you of our goal next Sunday, he then looked at Marta and I saw that he started to get all glassy eyed, and look at her with all the tender kindness of someone that REALLY loved her. Our guess is that they`re going to get married, but we have to wait and see. IF the goal is them getting married, it will be a miracle that we`ve been asking for. We`ve been praying for weeks that they will have the feelings for each other that tell them that they have to be together forever. And hopefully, Heavenly Father planted those feelings in their hearts, and they will get married WITHOUT US PUSHING THEM TO DO SO. That`s the miracle. We haven`t spoken about marriage for along time now, like... 2 weeks. This will be leaving from themselves, they, themselves want to follow Christ and his commandments. I am truly happy.
 
What a wonderful blessing it is to be a missionary.
 
No pckg. yet, should be here this week, right? If so, I`ll receive it later on today.
 
I love you all,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: