July 13, 2016

October 1, 2012

I don´t have much time to write. I have spent the most of my time sending numbers to the President of the mission, and the other half I have been writing an email to Dad. But, I wanted to say... That I have never felt farther away than right now. My wonderful dog, Maggie... Is gone. I couldn´t hold back the tears when I read about the pain she was in, and how it hurt you all so much to have to let her rest in peace. I can only say I´m so sorry that you all had to experience that. I loved that dog, so much. And I know that a wonderful part of our family has now passed on. All animals go back to our Heavenly Father.
 
Maggie was a wonderful dog. I remember the day that I pulled her letter out from the mailbox, that described her as a little puppy, who was lost in our house. How we scoured the entire house looking for her, until if finally occurred to us to look in our parents´ bathroom. There she was, a tiny little fluff-ball of cuteness. From day one, she was an incredible pain in the butt, and at the same time, such a joy in our lives. I remember her cry at night in her little card board box those first few weeks as the newest member of the family, and how when I would take her out to stave the crying, she would have an accident in my bed... What fond memories. How she would run into my room whenever Dad said on Saturday morning, "Should we go wake up Jordan?" Waking up to her wet kisses, wiping up her waterfall butt, no one ever wanting to take responsibility for cleaning up her muddy feet. The snow that would always clump up on her fur during winter, how she would always hog the bed... She was such a wonderful dog. And I will miss her dearly.
 
I give my love to all of you. This life is so short. Jared, hang in there. Know that she will be there, waiting for us when we part from this life. She too, has a Spirit, and it has gone back to the God who gave her life. I love you all so much, and miss you all dearly. Tomorrow is the 5 months to go, mark. It´s hard to believe. I don´t want to go, but at the same time, I miss seeing your faces. I just wish I could have seen her one more time. That I could have called her name, and have her come tearing into my room and jump on the bed. What wonderful, fond memories. I love you all, so much. I´m so sorry that had to happen. And I feel so far away, not being with those I love during those moments of trial and sorrow. But, I am serving the Lord, and that is the only excuse that is excusable. If not, I would have left for home. Stay strong.


As Zone Leader, I am in charge of the Zone of Zapala. It has about 20 missionaries. We do divisions with all the companionships, we take the numbers for the week, we go to meetings with the president at the beginning of every month, we hold meetings with the entire zone, we come up with the goals for the zone, we are in charge with the welfare and wellbeing of our missionaries, and a bunch of other stuff to start. It´s been a crazy week, but I just don´t have more time. I love you all. How are preparations coming for the trip, mom? I love you all. So much.
 
E. Cuthbert

No comments: