July 13, 2016

December 17, 2012

I got your pckg. last week! How fast was that!! I haven´t opened it yet... I´m debating whether or not I have to wait until Christmas morning... Or if I should just rip it open right now! Haha! But yes, it´s intact... And I´m very happy for it, thank you so much Mom. You and Dad are the best for doing that for me. Daina is a little darling, isn´t she? She´s wonderful. Thank you for the congratulations on the Standard of Excellence! We had been working so hard! We have been working hard, every week to tell you the truth. Haha! We had interviews with President Lovell... What an interview. He has been SO proud of E. Irala and me. He gave me a bigger hug than I was expecting. He gave me a huge smile, saying he cared for me so much. That what E. Irala and I were achieving was SO exciting for him. He was seeing two missionaries begin to really MAGNIFY their calling. We spoke about how we were given one more transfer together. He said that we need to be prepared, because no matter what, at the end of this transfer, we will both have new companions for ONE transfer. He said that he was so impressed and happy about everything that we had learned, and our experience in helping others come unto Christ, and told us that we will have 7 weeks to share and channel ALL that experience into our new companion. I've been really humbled during this time, by things that the Lord is doing in our area. He loves us so much. I´ve been realizing in trying to do incredible things in missionary work, I first had to BECOME an incredible missionary. That is something that Brother Douglas, my teacher from the MTC taught me. And I feel that I´m finally putting it all into practice. I love the mission. Don´t let it end!!!
 
Jared, I love you so much, Bro! Can you believe it´s almost been two years??! How time flies! I remember so clearly the day I left you guys to leave to the MTC... Cafe Río, the car ride, the goodbyes... I remember everything like it was yesterday. It´s incredible how fast the mission flies. Thank you so much for writing me, Bud! Congratulations with the promotion in a little bit! When I get back, I want to try the Cookie Monster... Something that E. Healey told me is famous at Pizza Pie Cafe! You will take me there for free, no? ;) Mom, thank you so much for your example in everything you do. I love you so much. Dad... I can´t even tell you at how proud I am of you. I was asked to bear my testimony about the Priesthood in a meeting for young boys of 10 and 11 preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood... I testified about the incredible example I had, who was you, in helping me achieve my Faith in God award, my Duty to God award... How you always held your priesthood with dignity... Thank you for giving me that example in that time of my life.
We had a miracle with a new family we found. I don´t have time to tell it to you guys, but I´ll tell you next week. In the meantime... Have a wonderful week, and I will SEE you all on CHRISTMAS!!! 

Love, 
E. Cuthbert 
p.s. The picture is a flippin´ kettle!! It´s HUUUUGE!!! 

No comments: