July 13, 2016

January 21, 2013

I AM SO HAPPY!! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY!!! My Birthday was the BOMB, We got the STANDARD BY MIRACLES, I´m SUPER PUMPED about my new area... I´m flying in the clouds... But I´m not going to get ahead of myself... One at a time.
 
Hello, my wonderful family! I love you all SO much. You are all so incredible, thank you for sending me Birthday emails. It´s incredible, I can´t even believe that I´m 21. How the time has flown. How grateful I am for my life, the experiences, the friends, the family, everything that has happened in my life up till now makes me SO happy. Heavenly Father is smiling down on me, here in Zapala. I know it, because I´ve seen incredible blessings this week. First thing´s first... I´m being transferred, E. Irala is staying. I´m going to Allen, General Roca. To the East of Neuquén about an hour away. It´s a wonderful place, I´ve heard. I was told that it´s ready to baptize a ton. My new companion is... a new Elder! I´m training again! I´ll be District Leader, and Trainer. It´s going to be an incredible experience. I´m so excited for my new area, and absolutely ecstatic to get working.
 
We got the Standard. I can´t even tell you guys the amount of prayer that I was doing this week. I have never prayed more earnestly in my life for something. All I wanted was to leave Zapala and E. Irala with the Standard, showing God, President Lovell, and myself, that I´m not going to fizzle out in the end. That I will push myself till the last second. And that´s what we did. By miracles, we got the standard. Yesterday, we ran from house to house, teaching and talking to people... We had 5 Investigators in church, Miracle. 4 lessons with member, Miracle. Spoke with 34 people in the street in about an hour and a half, which doesn´t happen often here, because there´s never a lot of movement in the roads... And we baptized Vanesa and Genaro! Oriana didn´t get baptized, because she needs the permission of her father. But, we are SO happy about the baptisms of Genaro and Vanesa. Genaro got baptized Sunday morning at 8 o clock, before church. Vanesa on Saturday evening. I can´t even write what I want to, the joy that´s filling my heart is indescribable. I know that I left everything on the table here in Zapala. I know that I can hold my head high, knowing that miracles happened, and that I did everything within my abilities to make this area better than when I found it. I´m so grateful for everything.
 
Everyone at church wished me a happy birthday. I had cake with Familia Sanhueza - The wife also had her birthday yesterday, so we shared birthday cake and had a wonderful visit. Then, we were working like never before, trying to achieve all the goals we needed to get the Standard. Finally, the Venegas family invited us over to eat a few pizzas at 8:30... I was suspecting a surprise.... And what do you know!!! They had a huge surprise party there, waiting for me. The Elders and Sisters from the other wards were there as well. Vanesa and her family were there. a HUGE party with a ton of pizza, alfajors, desserts everywhere... And a giant cake for me!!! I went in to bite a piece off the corner, and E. Cooper from a different ward, pushed my face into the cake!!! We all laughed about it, and then we had a wonderful time, eating a ton of food. Then, we all had, basically, a testimony meeting. We said a ton of goodbyes... We all cried. I love the Venegas family so much. I love Vanesa so much. She was a pure miracle baptism. She is incredible. She wanted me to baptize her, so, on Saturday, I baptized her. I can tell you guys, that I have never felt happier. I know that these last 7 weeks will be the best ever. I´m so ready to run till I drop.
 
Anyways... That´s everything. Seven weeks. Seven weeks of heavenly bliss, and then... Home.  Anyway, I have to go now. I have to get to the pench, finish packing and leave on the bus! I love you all so much, thank you for the birthday wishes... You are all wonderful. You´re the best.
 
Your Missionary,
E. Cuthbert

No comments: